Page 7 of 486 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 107 ... LastLast

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    The best game ever made for the WWE has to be 2002's WWE SmackDown!: Shut Your Mouth

Looks better and plays better than almost every SVR game, even up till 2010, in my opinion.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 06-04-2012 at 08:10 PM. Reason: typo

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    No Mercy was pretty nifty IMO.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    I can agree to that list. Shame today's divas won't do it because of the PG thing.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    I can agree to that list. Shame today's divas won't do it because of the PG thing.
    It's such a shame!
    Would love to see Eve, Rosa Mendez, AJ or even the Bellas! (shame they went away)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Eh, none of them appear to be show-offy to even pose in such a thing. Stacy Keibler is one of my top divas, don't know why.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Eve could probably pull it off. Doubt she'd do it though...

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Finally, Cena beat that Tensai. He sucks. I liked him more when he was Prince Albert or A-Train. Seeing Michael Cole get his ass kicked and lose was fun.

BTW, did anyone hear Goldberg chants for Ryback?
    Last edited by thevoid99; 06-04-2012 at 10:24 PM. Reason: Need to add some info.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    They've been calling him Goldberg, heh. He even kinda mocked his.entrance last night. I think the whole thing/gimmick is kinda funny...

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Finally, Cena beat that Tensai. He sucks. I liked him more when he was Prince Albert or A-Train. Seeing Michael Cole get his ass kicked and lose was fun.
    It's not (whatever you want to call him) Albert/A-Train/Gigant Bernard's fault, it's the stupid gimmick he's stuck with, i heard he's not impressing the WWE agents, why they hired him on the first place? they hype him, bring him, give him a small undefeated streak and now he's going to job for Cena? tough luck!
    And maybe all could be prevented by giving him another gimmick, a guy that doesn't talk makes his connection with the audience difficult, he's geting buried mostly for this, it's not fair, he has wrestled more and been on TV more than Brock Lesnar, he deserves better.
    On Ryback: i don't like him, i think the gimmick is too dumb, Goldberg was special cause it belonged to a certain era and place, re-doing it now, seems too forced. I never liked Goldberg but at least the guy had charisma (same goes for The Ultimate Warrior), i don't buy his "Give me More" catchphrase.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    It'd be great if he did something like this, but wishing for it would be a pipe dream

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Dustin was awesome, no matter what gimmick!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    That Seven gimmick had some great promos until Dustin killed it immediately once he arrived. The dude is underrated. I wish WWE would hire him back so he and Cody could have a match together.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Well, the reasons for killing it (it explains why if you read the video description) are justified. It was a worked shoot, but judging from the tone it seems more of the latter. The Goldust character was great until they made him a face, and then changed it so many times and jerked Dustin around creatively speaking. It's sad because Dustin was money in WCW before going to WWE. Had great matches and exposure through guys like Arn Anderson, Ricky Steamboat, Barry Windham, Steve Austin, Rick Rude, etc, etc.

Billy Corgan is close to getting a reality show about indie wrestling off the ground, which I think is great. I love the idea that he basically has started a promotion up in Chicago, a town flush with wrestling history (not to mention the hottest crowds WWE has seen, in no small part because of homeboy C.M. Punk). It's getting traction, and with enough right moves (like this potential reality show) it can become real potential competition for WWE.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tonight's Raw was pretty good. Seeing Mr. McMahon was great. Also, I was marking out for Vader! The crowd was so into him. AJ... WTF? I'm becoming more attracted to her. It was all good until the end which was predictable.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    AJ's current character is freaking awesome! She is pulling off a different sort of crazy chick that I don't think they've ever really done before...
    It also helps that she's completely adorable.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Just one more reason for me to be jealous of Kane.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    oh my... it's time... it's time... it's Vader Time!

How cool was this!

On Topic: Damn what a kiss! just having AJ hangin' on your waist must be so hot! i think most of us wanted to be Kane yesterday.
    Looking forward to the 1000th episode, i would love to watch a legend battle royal (like the one at WM X7) with guys like: Jake the Snake, Tatanka, Repo Man, Goobledy Gooker, Dude Love and of course Vader!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    oh my... it's time... it's time... it's Vader Time!

How cool was this!

On Topic: Damn what a kiss! just having AJ hangin' on your waist must be so hot! i think most of us wanted to be Kane yesterday.
    Looking forward to the 1000th episode, i would love to watch a legend battle royal (like the one at WM X7) with guys like: Jake the Snake, Tatanka, Repo Man, Goobledy Gooker, Dude Love and of course Vader!
    I love Kane, as stated before, he's my favorite wrestler. Always jealous of him...haha.

Vader was a neat twist, he leveled Heath Slater fast.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    All you have to do to get Roberts and tell him you've got some extra crack... an old school battle royal would be awesome though. Kamala!

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    All you have to do to get Roberts and tell him you've got some extra crack... an old school battle royal would be awesome though. Kamala!
    Amputated Kamala maybe *sigh*

Speaking of... maybe Zach Gowen would be a nice addition

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Amputated Kamala maybe *sigh*

Speaking of... maybe Zach Gowen would be a nice addition
    Wow, that sucks. Didn't know that.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Anyone else miss Johnathan Coachman?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    As a commentator, I don't but as an asskisser to the GM, yes I do!

Otunga seems like a poor man's Coach these days

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I do specially for his Rock interviews...

Quote Originally Posted by LaneSax View Post
    As a commentator, I don't but as an asskisser to the GM, yes I do!

Otunga seems like a poor man's Coach these days
    I think Michael Cole is the new coach, they gave him a lot of Coach's old character but Otunga clearly has a lot of his asskissing attitude, i remember when Coach was just an average commentator but they turned him heel and he became transcendent, much like Cole...

ON TOPIC: Seems Alberto del Rio is out of No Way Out, shame for him, but im glad they replaced him with Ziggler i would love to see him as a champ, i think he's ready

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I hope Ziggler wins the title, though highly doubtful.

He is the best worker in the ring these days imo. He sells really well.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I do specially for his Rock interviews...

God Rock was so amazing back then. On top of all the other great stuff happening at that time - Angle not yet worn down to a pulp by injury (and so many others on top form), the influx of ECW and WCW talent, the Divas being used properly, PPV prices still in the realm of sanity, the comparatively mature booking and freedom afforded to the wrestlers... we really didn't know how good we had it. Or I didn't, at least.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I'll take Jonathan Coachman over Michael Cole, John Laurinitis, and David Otunga altogether. Coachman is entertaining.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    My Coach post came off the heels of me watching my 2003 Survivor Series DVD, where he came out to tell the crowd he was okay after being 3-D'd by the Dudley Boys the Monday before.

LOL. is it sad I loved his theme song too?

Also, other great matches from that night I got to relive last night were Kane vs Shane-o-Mac in that Ambulance Match, Undertaker vs Vince in that Buried Alive match and HHH vs Goldberg a second time for the World Heavyweight Title.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    oh man, the old "Evolution" theme, my favorite one above "The Game" and "King of Kings"...

but my favorite theme song of all has to be this one: