Page 475 of 486 FirstFirst ... 375 425 465 473 474 475 476 477 485 ... LastLast
Results 14,221 to 14,250 of 14557

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Edge's debut was fucking AWESOME. I'm extremely stoked to see his first AEW match next week in KC. The last time I saw Edge live in person was in 2003, so I am beyond ready.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Loved Edge's debut in AEW and it's a good catch for Tony Khan, the guy can still bring value to the company and the WWE did not need him for sure...

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I don't like Dynamite's chances on Tuesday. The Fed is loading up NXT big time, and good on them. They should have been doing more main roster crossover earlier, and not just a Corbin or Crews.

Wrestling is fun.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Woeful PLE this weekend. Shittiest show along with SummerSlam this year.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    The only reason people are losing it over this week's NXT is because they're packing it with NON-NXT people that aren't normally on the show. Cody, Cena, Heyman, Undertaker, etc. They're not even using the episode to hype up the younger talent, just trying to bate viewers in with the HOFers.

I'm sitting ringside for Title Tuesday this week and it's going to be a blast. And besides, if both shows are competing with each other to have the best episode this week, why would that bother anyone. You got two shows trying to top each other's content, rather than one show going through the motions. I literally don't understand why anyone would be upset about this. More quality wrestling for everyone.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I've been Unlisting some of my matches over at https://www.youtube.com/shawnphoenix

but also, a shameless plug, my buddies and I just started a podcast where we reflect on our history with backyard wrestling, "era" by "era" of our lives, we're onto episode 3, if you're curious, feel free to check us out at https://www.youtube.com/@GoldenTriMedia

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I don't get it, NXT is supposed to be a DEVELOPMENTAL brand, why it's filled with old timers?

I get when they bring a veteran like Corbin to help the new talent, but ever since Becky Lynch won the title it's been all nonsense...

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    I don't get it, NXT is supposed to be a DEVELOPMENTAL brand, why it's filled with old timers?

I get when they bring a veteran like Corbin to help the new talent, but ever since Becky Lynch won the title it's been all nonsense...
    Honestly same. I don't know why they feel like they have to compete with AEW to begin with. Focus on your own story telling - AEW is not a threat lol

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Honestly same. I don't know why they feel like they have to compete with AEW to begin with. Focus on your own story telling - AEW is not a threat lol
    I guess they are still bitter when AEW beat NXT in the "Wednesday Night Wars".

I could care less, anyone should watch whatever they like, i just find dumb that NXT has basically become another extension of RAW and Smackdown.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    They’ve only focused on one story that they fumbled in April and it’s still walking around like it hasn’t been dead for 6 months.

Good news is that Vince is supposedly out of creative for now so that might change until, you know, he decides to come back again.

Dynamite was fantastic. It sucks that Moxley wasn’t cleared but it was a good pivot to have Orange win it back. Danielson and Swerve had a goddamn classic.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Moxley needs to be in commentary for the foreseeable future. He's too good at it.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    So unless WWE is doing GOAT kayfabe and we're all getting worked like we never have before - the talks of Pepsi Phil coming to the other side is NOT happening and I couldn't be more thrilled.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I don’t want Punk back in WWE either but it sure seems like they’re both playing chicken.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Seeing Swerve and Danielson in person last night was insane. Also the Kingston/Suzuki chop fest. Crowd was fucking RABID all night, until Rampage. Rampage was just okay, so the audience lost a lot of steam, but man during Dynamite we were loud as FUCK. No one on the floor could hear the recorded videos and barely could hear people on the mic because everyone was so loud and charged up. Really really great time. Even made it on TV quite a few times since I was sitting so close to the ring at ringside. Between Dynamite and Rampage, the locker room emptied out and everyone came out to wish and sing Happy Birthday to Tony Khan which was fun to see. Also everyone in attendance was dunking on NXT constantly all night which was fun.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    The only reason people are losing it over this week's NXT is because they're packing it with NON-NXT people that aren't normally on the show. Cody, Cena, Heyman, Undertaker, etc. They're not even using the episode to hype up the younger talent, just trying to bate viewers in with the HOFers.

I'm sitting ringside for Title Tuesday this week and it's going to be a blast. And besides, if both shows are competing with each other to have the best episode this week, why would that bother anyone. You got two shows trying to top each other's content, rather than one show going through the motions. I literally don't understand why anyone would be upset about this. More quality wrestling for everyone.
    They threw everything and the kitchen sink to insure they had higher viewership ratings. Not that seeing an elderly Undertaker, a balding Cena and an "honorary GM of the Night" Cody Rhodes announce a tournament that happens nearly every year is riveting television. NXT has the talent but they totally took the backseat to bullshit cameos Tuesday.

I did not watch NXT, even for a rare channel change (which i did a few times). AEW had the better show as far as I was concerned.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 10-12-2023 at 11:44 AM.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    TK on twitter is turning into the edgelord Musk of professional wrestling and having complete meltdowns every week. 10/10

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    He shouldn’t be doing it but I understand why. LBE Khan, Vince and Preparation H are awful conniving people. Sometimes you fight fire with fire. They tampered with contracts while his mom was fighting cancer. AEW beat NXT regularly for over a year. They have nothing to be ashamed of here.

You don’t like AEW because…I’m actually not sure why or how. Better and multiple storylines, better wrestling, better variety of wrestling styles, better shows, better comedy.

Is it production? WWE has better production but only slightly.

Even if you like the talent better, which is fine (I mean everyone that’s in or came from NXT recently are pretty terrible overall hence why they stacked that show like they did), they aren’t treated well at all unless it’s Roman or any other part timers.

Separately, I’ve asked before, and I think you all thought I was being a smart ass but really, for real—Why is LA Knight a thing? I don’t get it. He’s a poor imitation of a bygone time. I’ve watched promos and matches to try and figure it out. I can’t. He sucks. What do people see in this dude?

I see he’s going to be Not The Guy’s next and that’s gonna be rough. Roman needs someone to make him shine—KO, SZ, Cody, AJ Styles, Danielson…he’s not the one to bring about a good match on his own.
    Last edited by Swykk; 10-15-2023 at 10:01 AM.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Double post to say—Stop giving Jay White a mic challenge.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Seems Vince got played and now he's going to regret selling the WWE, lol

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Seems Vince got played and now he's going to regret selling the WWE, lol
    Fuck him. Vincent Price wannabe black shoe polish dipshit.

I still think selling the company to Endeavor was a stupid idea aside the money but capitalism baby.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Oooof are they still trying to make Lance Archer anything other than tall Ryback?
    No. Still not happening. Not going to happen.

Big Dumb Guy.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Kenny Omega vs MJF was phenomenal. What a fantastic match!

I think Malakai Black should be the one to beat MJF. “Max, you claim to be the devil…”

It writes itself.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I saw Fozzy play to a crowd of about a hundred people at a local bar Saturday night, tons of fun. Jericho was dressed up in skeleton paint and can sure command a crowd and he sounds good. Band was tight, if your a mark like me that is into rock music whatsoever, I would highly recommend.

(One of the openers did a cover of Its No Good also, totally not the DM song I would expect to hear)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    They can stay at "home" for all i care...

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    “Just a couple New Japan rejects and the Ass Boys.”

It’s so true.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    MJF in WWE would be CRAZY. It would be the first aew homegrown male star to swap borders.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    It could happen in a few months, give or take.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    This was neat.

P.S. Rosie O'Donnell sucks.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    "NWA Expected to Make Roster and Production Cuts"

https://www.hausofwrestling.com/2023...uts-exclusive/

Hell of a bump, but they had to blow the deal, didn't they?

Well, I always joke 'Zero' works well in relation:

I never let on that I was on a sinking ship
    I never let on that I was down