Cool cool.

Do Vince next.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Rock v. Roman in Philly.

Eh.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Cody beating Seth isn’t exactly what I wanted but I’m fine with it. As I have said, Seth needs to heal but also rethink his character and come back fresh.

They really really fucked Cody here, just to be clear. I’m trying to bright side this.
    Last edited by Swykk; 02-03-2024 at 09:25 AM.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Cody really is Cm Punk 2024 - rightful man gets his mania main event given to rock.

First time I’ve been furious at a wwe booking since haich took over. What the fuck is this, rock is a old cringy dork.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I don't enjoy watching Cody wrestle so I don't care about him losing his spot. They have been building to Roman vs The Rock for like 4 years. I just think it's dumb that they had Cody win the Rumble. If you wanted Roman vs Rock just have Rock win the damn thing. Now it's all dumb and confusing

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I agree, I could not care less about Cody Rhodes and I find his matches very boring to watch. I personally would prefer to watch the big dumb spectacle of Rock vs Roman than ~aLl AmErIcAn CoDy RhOdEs FiNiShInG ThE sToRy~

Wouldn't it have made more sense for The Rock to be a surprise entrant (instead of fucking McAffee) and have him win it if they planned on Rock vs Reigns all along? Cody winning two years in a row means absolutely dog shit now as a statistic.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    I agree, I could not care less about Cody Rhodes and I find his matches very boring to watch. I personally would prefer to watch the big dumb spectacle of Rock vs Roman than ~aLl AmErIcAn CoDy RhOdEs FiNiShInG ThE sToRy~

Wouldn't it have made more sense for The Rock to be a surprise entrant (instead of fucking McAffee) and have him win it if they planned on Rock vs Reigns all along? Cody winning two years in a row means absolutely dog shit now as a statistic.
    I also feel like Cody title reign is going to be flat. Baby face chase is always better than them defending. I think back to Daniel Bryan after Wrestlemania 30, obviously injuries derailed things but you can never keep it as hot as when they're chasing the belt

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Wouldn't it have made more sense for The Rock to be a surprise entrant (instead of fucking McAffee) and have him win it if they planned on Rock vs Reigns all along?
    As soon as his (McAfee's) music hit, I thought to myself: that's Lesnar's spot. Yes, the dirt sheets said that Bron took Lesnar's spot, but I think wwe had always planned for Bron to make an appearance at the Rumble.

When Brock was taken off the card, I'm thinking they gave his role in the match to Breaker and McAfee took Bron's spot, if that makes sense.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Ugh.

I haven't been watching or keeping up with the news regularly because the CM Punk stuff left a bad taste in my mouth a few months ago, but this Rock stuff is obnoxious. I caught a little bit of the Rumble, and I was really hoping they wouldn't have had to lean into the Rock at all. Had CM Punk's fragile body been able to keep up and not have gotten injured on his first televised match back, it sounds like they wouldn't have had to pivot and call an audible ... which they didn't need to do. Punk and Lesnar out of the plans, regardless.

Dwayne Johnson is a delusional narcissistic with a carny mentality when it comes to his 'brand.' This is a man who has it in his contact how many punches are written into his movies scenes so he can't look weak, a man who tried to pull to be the main creative of the DC world at Warner Bros and ended up being let go after the new regime fell in and even leaked false documents to prove that his Black Adam movie didn't flop that bad.

Now with all the backlash going on, he's taken to sharing people's positive reactions on his socials to keep up appearances. Unfortunately, I can't see them pivoting and not having Rock and Roman at this point with how much stock he has in TKO. What Dwayne wants, Dwayne gets I guess.

I like Cody quite a bit, and I'm much more interested in a rematch that sees Cody finally getting the big one over what will probably be a universally panned match. The Rock looked out of ring shape, winded and slow 11 years ago at WrestleMania, and I can't imagine how that Philadelphia crowd is gonna eat them alive if this closes WrestleMania weekend.

If they're smart, they'll do Rock and Roman night 1 with Roman winning and then Cody and Roman night 2 with Cody winning ... but Dwayne is a little bitch that can't look weak.

Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    I think back to Daniel Bryan after Wrestlemania 30, obviously injuries derailed things but you can never keep it as hot as when they're chasing the belt
    They also booked him like crap after Mania. His next feud was with Kane, and a lot of what they were doing with him was him and his wife running away from the scary monster. It made him look silly, and then he got injured.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Doesn’t seem like they’ve fully committed to anything 100% and you’d think they’d need to know who’s facing who by Thursday’s presser in Vegas.

I’ve read as I’m sure many of you have that this is becoming Paul vs Dwayne creatively long term. With The Rock being on the board now and him bringing Brian Gerwitz back in and being a friend of LBE Khan, I don’t like Paul’s chances (and he may end up getting pushed out from the fall out of the Vince shit he most definitely knew about).

You may say, “You hate HHH, Dave.” And yeah, I certainly do but also know that I support Cody facing Roman over Rock, so this is a pickle.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Went to Raw last minute in STL after the shit show WWE caused themselves on Friday. The most fun non-indie wrestling show i've ever been to. 10/10 its nice living in a wrestling city.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Went to Raw last minute in STL after the shit show WWE caused themselves on Friday. The most fun non-indie wrestling show i've ever been to. 10/10 its nice living in a wrestling city.
    I heard they had to censor the "Rocky Sucks" chants, not surprised...

In the end we'll end up getting Cody/Roman, i'm sure they didn't expect such a negative reaction.

My guess is: Cody/Seth and Rock/Roman in night one (similar to Bret doing two matches at WM X) and then, Cody/Roman in the main event of night two (with Rock as a referee or something...)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I was chanting ROCKY SUCKS at Survivor Series 98 in STL when he beat Mick for the title so STL did me proud last night.

This is truly a fucking pickle but look - they did it to themselves. This would be an easier situation if they had just put the title on Cody back at WM39 rather than have him engage in a 6 month feud with Lesnar and then watching him get propped up as THE GUY in the company. His matches are fine but there are a ton of people who love him and his work ethic and they want to see him rewarded for it. He's the face of the company and yeah, I have concerns about his feuds as champion if he actually does get the match and wins the belt, but the payoff is worth it.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    I was chanting ROCKY SUCKS at Survivor Series 98 in STL when he beat Mick for the title so STL did me proud last night.

This is truly a fucking pickle but look - they did it to themselves. This would be an easier situation if they had just put the title on Cody back at WM39 rather than have him engage in a 6 month feud with Lesnar and then watching him get propped up as THE GUY in the company. His matches are fine but there are a ton of people who love him and his work ethic and they want to see him rewarded for it. He's the face of the company and yeah, I have concerns about his feuds as champion if he actually does get the match and wins the belt, but the payoff is worth it.
    I 'member SS 98, one of my favorite WWE PPVs ever...

At the time it made sense because The Rock deserved it, he was becoming as big as Austin and made total sense to make him a "corporate" champ so they could do the WM match.

This didn't make sense, i agree that Cody should have won at WM39, i'm not a fan or him or anything, but that's just what made sense at the time, but nooooo, they wanted to extend the "Bloodline" storyline (that has become lazy and stupid) and now they are talking about Roman beating Hogan's "record" (meh...)

Don't want to sound like an AEW fanboy but that drove me out of the WWE, their constant stupidity and bad creative choices; AEW isn't perfect by any means but most of their creative choices made sense to me (not all..) and their championship hasn't become a joke and an excuse to put someone "over".

But in the end i guess they'll do the right thing; if Vince was still around i'm sure Cody would be wrestling Nakamura at the preshow...

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    I heard they had to censor the "Rocky Sucks" chants, not surprised...
    Nah that's not true. I watched Raw live and not only did they not censor it, they appeared to momentarily raise the volume of the crowd for the broadcast. Michael Cole also mentioned it and joked about it being 1996.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Nah that's not true. I watched Raw live and not only did they not censor it, they appeared to momentarily raise the volume of the crowd for the broadcast. Michael Cole also mentioned it and joked about it being 1996.
    Apparently they censored it or turned the volume down a bit more during the main event I read? Which is odd for them to have done so when earlier it felt like they called attention to it.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

meanwhile

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    This is incredible.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    This is awful. The WWE Vince/Johnny Ace/others story keeps getting worse.

https://t.co/UlzmXLVIXa

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    https://www.sportskeeda.com/wwe/news...inaitis-office

2023 story but I imagine this will resurface, thought it means nothing.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    This is awful. The WWE Vince/Johnny Ace/others story keeps getting worse.

https://t.co/UlzmXLVIXa
    He also covered Superfly Jimmy Snuka murdering his girlfriend...

FUCK HIM

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    HAHA did we get worked?! Holy fucking shit

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Pretty clear it's going to be Rock and Roman Vs Seth and Cody at Elimination Chamber

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Papa haitch saved mania.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    This shit is so sloppy. What the hell is going on with creative over there.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Cody and Seth were made to look real fucking dumb yesterday. I would think you’d not want that…

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    This shit is so sloppy. What the hell is going on with creative over there.
    One of their giant main events got blown up so they called an early audible, people got pissed, and they called another one with two months to go to the show. They have two months now to craft the story and narrative but man, they could have had the PLE this weekend based on how fired up we all got with what happened last night.

so… we gotta have a tag match coming up with Cody/Seth vs Roman/Rock, right?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Seth won't be cleared by EC. so I'm not expecting a tag.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Raw was really damn good last night. Jey and Gunther was just so fucking fun to watch.

However, Nia Jax is terrible at what she does and I can't wait until she loses at Chamber and then disappears back into the undercard for the rest of the year. Jax can't even lace Ripley's boots. She deserves so much better than Jax as an opponent.