Page 326 of 486 FirstFirst ... 226 276 316 324 325 326 327 328 336 376 426 ... LastLast
Results 9,751 to 9,780 of 14557

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Following it on Twitter, I think it's the best one since 30 but the main event was awful. Ugh... Roman vs. Brock for the Universal title for next year's WrestleMania as the main event..... BLECH!!!!

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    AJ/Shane was excellent, Styles is incapable of having a bad match!

Ok WM, nothing awesome, but passable; what a terrible finish, it's not only because i dislike Reigns; the booking is shit as usual, i'm going to miss Taker...

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Too bad sting had to retire ( still hate Rollins for that. ) Sting vs Taker, as a last match for both of them, would have been great.

Taker gets inducted next year. He should. Man carried that wwf flag when everyone was jumping ship to wcw.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    I thought it was a solid C show. The first half of it was pretty great, AJ/Shane and the ladder match were easily the two best of the night, but it did seem like the place was deflated after the ladder match. Cena's proposal fell flat and the crowd was behind Miz, the Brock/Goldberg match had four moves in five minutes, and the Wyatt/Orton match started strong and ended in a thud with poor booking. The Smackdown women's match was solid and could've been better with more time. Reigns/Taker was as bad as expected. Roman moving at half speed to have to hang with an Undertaker who should've retired years ago, and several botches. Also, they need to trim the show down. There's no reason every match should have a three minute video package and the musical performance that nobody was into, that easily could've cut about 30 minutes.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    TripleH just announced NXT Takeover: Chicago May 20th at Allstate, the night before Backlash.

http://www1.ticketmaster.com/wwe-nxt...&minorcatid=27

https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/848962885845995524

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    BTW, how immense was that fucking pop for the Hardys? Goddamn.... I haven't felt a pop like that since the night Foley won the WWE Championship.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Show ended at midnight. After some car troubles we got on the road around 2 AM. I'm STILL not home. I'm so exhausted but made a good bit of connections at wrestlecon. (Dutch Mantel, Dan Severn) and ran into Charles Robinson and Steve corino at mania, chatted with Charles and gave him my card. Really fun.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfocalinx View Post
    Show ended at midnight. After some car troubles we got on the road around 2 AM. I'm STILL not home. I'm so exhausted but made a good bit of connections at wrestlecon. (Dutch Mantel, Dan Severn) and ran into Charles Robinson and Steve corino at mania, chatted with Charles and gave him my card. Really fun.
    Nice. Lil' Naitch....

He should be in a Hall of Fame w/ other refs such as Mike Chioda, the late Joey Marella, and Nick Patrick.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I loved that pop for the Hardys. I think the Broken gimmick will be rebuilt, if they do it - you really can't just drop that on a WWE audience that mostly has no idea what the fuck happened to them since they were last in WWE. The smark crowds will help with the DELETE chants and all that, but I think they'll end up retelling the Broken saga. Hopefully, anyway.

I thought Mania was great. AJ/Shane was a surprisingly hot opener, the preshow matches are all decent to great. Women's elimination match was good until Nia and Sasha were eliminated, then it kind of limped to the finish. Cena proposal was boring, Wyatt/Orton was boring (unfortunately, because the build was amazing for that match). Rollins/HHH was fantastic. That match was probably the best one of the night. Perfect use of weapons, perfect working over of both of Seth's knees, and thank god Seth went over. I was confident he would, but it was still nice to see.

I loved Goldberg/Lesnar. It was precisely what it was always going to be - two dudes spamming signature moves for five minutes. Fantastic. Lesnar leaping over the spear was incredible. The Smackdown women's match was an unfortunate throwaway-type, but I'm glad Naomi won in front of a hometown crowd and they gave her the pop she deserved.

So, that leaves one more match.

I don't even want to talk about the match. The Undertaker is my favorite wrestler of all time. I've been watching for fifteen years, and, obviously, the only guy that's been there the whole time is Taker. I loved the biker gimmick, I loved when he died and returned to the Deadman persona, I loved him being the sheriff of Smackdown, I loved the title reigns, I loved the Streak. Even as I realized wrestling was predetermined, even as I grew out of so much of it, came and went, Taker always popped me. Taker always reminded me of how I felt when I first started watching wrestling, when I first went to a pay-per-view (Armageddon 2002). Wrestling gives me a unique feeling that's always been there, ever since the first day my dad turned it on and I started watching Smackdown.

And now, that's it. I don't even care that it was Roman, I really don't. I just...felt sad. When they counted the pin, I thought, "Wow, that match was really bad. And it was Taker's fault." And then Roman left, and it was just Taker in the middle of the ring. He sits up, and I'm thinking "there's no way he goes out like that, right?" But then they do the highlights, and come back to the live feed and he's dressed up again, and I thought "wow, that's really it." And I just sat in silence and watched his final actions in the ring, the gloves, the jacket, the hat. He even broke kayfabe, probably for the first and only time, to kiss his wife on the way out. And then he was gone.

You could probably read that and go "lmao" but that doesn't matter to me. I don't often take wrestling seriously, but I took it very seriously last night. Thanks for everything, Taker. Rest in peace.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Man, those chants at Roman earlier. Goddamn pal! "Fuck you, roman", "motherfucker", etc. etc. And they didn't mute them! That's the biggest shocker, I think. It's like Vince realized they hate him, so why not let him just go out there and let them tell him what they think of him. That was brutal but funny as hell.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I also heard "Shut the fuck up" and "delete" chants as well. How can anyone root for someone that essentially beat an old man?

Oh, the Revival is now on RAW. Evil Emma has returned and Kurt Angle is the new RAW GM..... does this mean I will watch WWE again?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Hate to be that guy. This week is amazing. Next will probably be good. It'll probably get bad again at some point though. Sad, but true.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    There was also a "Fuck that Owl" chant during the Hardys match.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    I kinda like Roman :/ Dude has an AMAZING body and a very strong, menacing, yet likeable face.

As for retiring the Undertaker... there was no universally good solution for that. If it was Cena, people would be complaining for different reasons.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    First WWE show I've watched in nearly ten years. Unsure whether the long absence has something to do with it, but it was also one of most enjoyable shows I've ever seen.

Nearly all the matches were good (on a five hour programme), some were great. All the featured female wrestlers are tremendous workers, and Charlotte might be the best they've ever had. Seth Rollins brought the absolute finest out of HHH, has to be one of his best matches. Grey-haired Shane McMahon is somehow a better wrestler than Brock Lesnar if shooting star press ability is anything to go from. And Undertaker made me uncomfortably emotional.

Some of it was pretty predictable, the length of time it took them to get to the ring was pretty hilarious, and Randy Orton still sucks as much as he did a decade ago, but I thought Wrestlemania was amazing.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volband View Post
    I kinda like Roman :/ Dude has an AMAZING body and a very strong, menacing, yet likeable face.

As for retiring the Undertaker... there was no universally good solution for that. If it was Cena, people would be complaining for different reasons.
    I disagree; i don't like Cena, but at least he made more sense as "Taker's killer".

Anyone who retires the Undertaker is going to have a monster heel heat, if they are really trying to make Reigns the new "face" of the WWE, this was a wrong move (unless you are trying to make him the top heel).

The build for the mach was thrown together at the last minute and the booking made no sense, they always do that with Roman: they do stupid mistakes and then he pays the price for that.
    HHH even said that the guy is already a heel, well... if he is then fuckin' book him as one!

Cena was the logical choice because the guy is already another legend in the WWE (like him or not...) and he can get away with it without hurting his career, Reigns was a dumb choice, unless he is turning...

In other news: I'm glad Angle is back, i was going to take a time off the WWE, but i'll stick around for another month just for him...
    Last edited by henryeatscereal; 04-04-2017 at 08:46 AM.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    It should've been Punk or Wyatt that retired Taker.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Only a small handful of people could've retired Taker and get away with it. Reigns is one of them. It's a no win situation. The guy takes heat all the time. He's proven he can handle it. So he was probably the perfect choice.

Problem with Reigns is that he's just miscast. He has the look and he can work. But, they have him in a role that just doesn't fit the character or one that doesn't connect. This is on WWE, not him. What put me off about him is how they push him and hurt everyone else in the process. Strowman still hasn't really recovered from that loss.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    It should've been Punk or Wyatt that retired Taker.
    Wyatt is a perfect choice: a heel who needs credibility and that has a similar character, i'm not the biggest Wyatt fan but i agree that he makes more sense than Roman.

I just don't see what it does for Roman, i guess they think he can "get away with the heat" just like Cena, but Cena had already paid his dues and the guy was truly popular before people turned on him; Reigns was only popular in The Shield and even there he was overshadowed by the other two.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    No one's probably going to really remember Roman winning. Taker's retirement overshadowed that entire match. So, it's whatever.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Man, those chants at Roman earlier. Goddamn pal! "Fuck you, roman", "motherfucker", etc. etc. And they didn't mute them! That's the biggest shocker, I think. It's like Vince realized they hate him, so why not let him just go out there and let them tell him what they think of him. That was brutal but funny as hell.
    I was texting my brother in law about the "UNDERTAKER! Clap Clap Clap" when the "Roman Sucks!" chant started quietly & was wondering why they were chanting "Hogan Sucks!" at first, lol.

I don't know if they're finally taking the hint & going this direction with Roman but I loved that whole segment.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    The WWE needs to just throw some money at Impact, settle that stupid lawsuit and then get some of that sweet, sweet Broken Hardys cash..
    It sounds like that's exactly what is happening. And it shall be MAGNIFICENT once they settle their beef with the "the man who's fond of slapping nuts".

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Dumbass charisma vacuum Roman Reigns actually used "could of" in a tweet bragging about how his segment was the loudest.

What a dipshit.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    That's their argument. He's getting reactions so he's over. Still doesn't mean he should be a babyface, let alone the top one. He's already the top heel of the company, sorta.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Didn't Roman botch a tombstone? I heard the match had a lot of holes as it proved that Roman can't really carry a match.

Now that I think about it. Cena should've been the one to retire because at least Cena will handle the heat and will actually pay some respect to Taker instead of saying "this is my yard now".

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Also, during the first women's match at mania, the lights shined on the crowd in the upper decks were BLINDING. Due to the dark night time sky with a blue and orange light in our faces we literally could not see the ring. I was able to start a dueling "turn the lights off- WE CAN'T SEE!" chant which can be heard during the match.. That's fun.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Didn't Roman botch a tombstone? I heard the match had a lot of holes as it proved that Roman can't really carry a match.

Now that I think about it. Cena should've been the one to retire because at least Cena will handle the heat and will actually pay some respect to Taker instead of saying "this is my yard now".
    No, he didn't. Taker did. Taker was supposed to jump up so Reigns could get up, but couldn't. The match went alot better than I thought it would. Reigns did what he could. He's no AJ. I don't blame Reigns for any of that. Taker barely was able to powerbomb him too. Not on Reigns either.

I've heard about the lights. Ruined the entire show for some people. Apparently, the stadium ran out of water and food pretty early on too. A lot of horror stories. A lot of people wanting refunds.

Detroit-ish Area Bacon Taste: Deliciously Maple
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Raw after Mania crowd is like an NXT crowd but worse.

I love pro wrestling but hate some of the fans so much.

I also got way too drunk on gin and cried when the taker match was done.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Nakamura is on Smackdown Live!!!!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Nakamura is on Smackdown Live!!!!
    About time! A little bummed he didn't get into anything with Miz. Pretty awesome though.