Page 262 of 486 FirstFirst ... 162 212 252 260 261 262 263 264 272 312 362 ... LastLast
Results 7,831 to 7,860 of 14557

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    He's retiring and they'll no doubt Rey Mysterio him until they decide to lift the freeze or Danielson sues.

Fuck Vince McMahon and his yes men.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Probably have him finish out his contract. Maybe he'll end up staying as a trainer or something. This sucks.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I keep hoping it is a work but doubt it is.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I want to think this is a work and that he'll have a retirement match at Wrestlemania (i can always dream...)

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    This isn't necessarily bad news. it IS possible he's retiring so he can get out of his contract to work elsewhere..so we may be able to see him wrestle again sooner rather than later! Fingers crossed!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    The timing is odd. But, according to Meltzer, he tried to give notice and WWE shot it down. Not sure how it works, but I'm not sure if he'll be able to go somewhere else, or when. Happened to Lesnar when he tried working in japan. Bryan could sue to get out of his deal. Not sure if he will though.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    This is fucking bullshit. Fuck you Vince, Fuck you Kevin Dunn, Fuck you Michael Hayes you racist fuck, fuck you WWE.

And now for something completely different....

Last edited by thevoid99; 02-08-2016 at 06:04 PM. Reason: wanting to avoid double-posting

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    The more they keep hyping it, the more I'm starting to think it's a work. Maybe I'm just being hopeful.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Getting your hopes up won't lead to anything. There have been plenty of reports now that he saw a different neurologist with a more comprehensive concussion testing system, and upon getting the results cancelled all further tests and announced his retirement.

And you know what? I don't want it to be a work. Look at every NFL player whose head gets cut open after they die. CTE, CTE, CTE. Concussions and repetitive head trauma happen plenty in wrestling, just like football, and the results are going to be the same. I'm not saying that Bryan will ever end up like Chris Benoit because he didn't do the same dumb shit that Benoit did his entire career, but he's done enough on the indie scene and in WWE to create plenty of concern about his motor functions later in life. Faking a retirement to get out of his contract is doing nothing but hurting himself. And I think that he knows that, too. Bryan's not an idiot, and he has something to look to after his career is over - he has Brie, and they both want to start a family. I'm sure he wants to be able to play with his kids and remember them when he's old. Escaping WWE and going to PWG or, god forbid, the stiff-ass guys in New Japan will destroy him. I think this is for the best and I get that that's not going to be popular, but that's what I think, and I think that's the line of thinking that Bryan has, too.

Or maybe he did work literally the entire locker room and everyone in the world and he's going to come out in a pink suit and proclaim that we're all just a buncha puppets and he's got a lot left in the tank. Or he'll show up in PWG next month as the American Dragon and take seventeen thousand chair shots to the head. Whatever.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    ^ My thoughts exactly. Heaven forbid that, you know, a guy decides that his health and well being are best served by NOT taking bumps 300+ nights a year. Best of luck to Bryan, and thanks for the great matches and memories.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    Getting your hopes up won't lead to anything. There have been plenty of reports now that he saw a different neurologist with a more comprehensive concussion testing system, and upon getting the results cancelled all further tests and announced his retirement.
    Where have you seen them? I haven't found anything saying that... maybe my Google-fu is really off though...

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I wasn't aware of more tests. I just know he was cleared by 2 or 3 non WWE doctors. I wouldn't want him to wrestle again if he's legit damaged. This just seemed like post Punk WWE poor judgment.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/201...on/in/10703571

The source Cageside cites is the breaking news audio from the Observer. I don't have a subscription any more so I don't know exactly what Meltzer said, but I trust Cageside's reporting to be down to the letter of what Meltzer reported.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Ah, okay. I managed to find something else that was talking about it too:

Bryan was in New York on the Thursday before the WWE Royal Rumble to undergo more medical testing, and according to Dave Meltzer of Wrestling Observer Radio, that’s where the story ends, even though there were more tests planned. Meltzer added that Bryan will likely elaborate more on this on Raw tonight, and his decision to retire is likely his own and has not been mandated by WWE.

Read more at http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/6719...LrVg4ljZY22.99

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    If it's his choice, i'm ok with it. The feeling I get is that none of it is his choice. But then again, the last test I heard about was UCLA (who cleared him). Maybe another doctor found something. But, I find it odd how he's been lobbying to return, and now all of a sudden, he's over it and retires. Doesn't seem like he's going out on his terms. Maybe i'm wrong though.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I'm assuming that the doctor found something.

But we should find out within the hour...

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Gotta be a work, right? Like when Mark Henry gave that heartfelt retirement speech, only more reality based? Like, he gives a speech, but someone comes out and destroys him, leading to a match at Mania and questions on if Bryan can be healthy enough? And they've spent all day trolling the internet? Please?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Maybe. But, I wouldn't get your hopes up. That NY doc might have found something that the other guys didn't. Think he's done. All signs are saying it's not a work. Someone even mentioned there being retirement merch already posted (haven't checked).

Yup...

http://shop.wwe.com/Daniel-Bryan-%22...efault,pd.html
    Last edited by Piko; 02-08-2016 at 09:20 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    That hurt like a motherfucker.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Holy fuck that was emotional. First time in a very, very long time that I've gotten teary eyed. Great way to send him off.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I didn't watch it and I don't want to. I know it's forced. I know Bryan is trying to make it real as he can but the truth is that he's being forced to retire. Plus, it's obvious Vince never liked him.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Well, according to Meltzer and others, he wasn't forced out. It was his choice while taking tests in New York.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I've always loved wrestling, but i can remember very few times were i actually got emotional...

I remember clapping to Eddie Guerrero when he won the WWE Championship (all by myself in my living room clapping in my feet)
    I also clapped and cheered like crazy when Chris Benoit won the 2004 Royal Rumble (he was my favorite wrestler at the time)

But this one, made me cry a little, not ashamed to say it, i'm actually proud.

Thank you Daniel Bryan, probably one of the bests wrestlers in the last 10 years, i will miss him so bad...

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    This was probably the most emotional retirements. Maybe I was still shocked by Edge going how so quick like he did. This one just hit me harder than the others.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    He'll be back. We'll see him wrestle in New Japan or Ring of Honor in a few years.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    He'll be back. We'll see him wrestle in New Japan or Ring of Honor in a few years.
    I doubt it, this is not a "you can't wrestle now" diagnosis, this is a "you can't wrestle ever" diagnosis.

This article on Cageside Seats goes into a bit more detail on the tests that Bryan is believed to have taken that lead to his decision to retire: http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/201...-should-retire

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    He was also very clear that he wants kids, so i don't see him wrestling in the near future, not even training, probably he'll take a "legends deal" and will get inducted to this year's hall of fame, god knows he deserves it! (the kids and the retirement too...).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    DB will be missed that is for sure, truly wish the dude the very best glad he went out in our home state. I was at the show here where the crowd hijacked Raw it was so awesome!!! It was really emotional too when he was talking about his father and I believe he said that was the last time he got to see him wrestle. Yeah I choked up a a bit a few times during the speech.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I can't believe someone could watch that speech and think that he's just going to come back in a few years when he escapes WWE.

There's no way in hell. He knows that. Wrestling again anywhere will ruin his health for the rest of his life. His return last year lasted a grand total of three months before the company told him there was too much of a risk. You can't just ignore that.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I'm thankful I got to see him vs Nigel Mcguinness at ROH Weekend of Champions in 2006, then to see him get his first win in the WWE when he was in the Nexus. I was there when he wrestled Bray Wyatt and the crowd shit all over everything that wasn't Daniel Bryan, and I was lucky enough to see him have two phenomenal matches at Wrestlemania 30.