Page 247 of 486 FirstFirst ... 147 197 237 245 246 247 248 249 257 297 347 ... LastLast
Results 7,381 to 7,410 of 14557

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by perceptionnexus View Post
    Lol that'd be hilarious. It's gotten so bad that it's become fun. Anyone notice the entire top tier of the arena was empty?
    Really? So I guess this is becoming a common theme now? And they'll claim they're still selling out venues.

And you know something.... with the way things are in WWE. I must say that everything this guy is saying is dead-on:

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    ^The Solomonster is awesome, one of my favorite podcasts right now, i agree with him...

I got mixed emotions about RAW, corporate Sheamus did a good promo, "New Day" and "The League of nations" looked interesting, but i'm hating the Charlotte Paige storyline and most of the show was boring (as always).
    I think i'll stop watching and tune in again till the Rumble.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    ^The Solomonster is awesome, one of my favorite podcasts right now, i agree with him...

I got mixed emotions about RAW, corporate Sheamus did a good promo, "New Day" and "The League of nations" looked interesting, but i'm hating the Charlotte Paige storyline and most of the show was boring (as always).
    I think i'll stop watching and tune in again till the Rumble.
    He was really spot on. His videos are pretty legit. They got a new subscriber.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Cageside Seats has been on point of late. http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/201...gue-of-nations

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    WWE can basically suck it. They don't care if they put on a good show anymore. I bet next week starts with either a promo from the Authority, Reigns, or the League of Nation. What's the point of watching it when you know it's going to suck?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I think my case is more of a routine at this point. I'm so used to putting it on. I don't watch the entire three hours anymore though. I'll have on in the background while I do something else. And when something interesting happens, I watch.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Cageside is sick of the garbage that WWE is putting out. But the ratings are still ridiculously high, compared to most other stuff on television at that time, and the company is still stupidly profitable, so they can do whatever they want and it won't affect them until the current TV deal is over, and even then, I don't think NBCUniversal will just let them walk away. Essentially, there's no escape from their shit-ass programming. They'll do whatever they want and nothing will change until they feel like changing it. The only answer is to unsubscribe and not watch, and a few smarks doing that won't mean shit for their bottom line. Just walk away and leave it in the rear-view mirror. There are better options out there.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    Cageside is sick of the garbage that WWE is putting out. But the ratings are still ridiculously high, compared to most other stuff on television at that time, and the company is still stupidly profitable, so they can do whatever they want and it won't affect them until the current TV deal is over, and even then, I don't think NBCUniversal will just let them walk away. Essentially, there's no escape from their shit-ass programming. They'll do whatever they want and nothing will change until they feel like changing it. The only answer is to unsubscribe and not watch, and a few smarks doing that won't mean shit for their bottom line. Just walk away and leave it in the rear-view mirror. There are better options out there.
    I see your point, but losing an average of that many viewers in such a short time frame I think definitely indicates a decrease of overall interest in their current TV product. Ultimately they are going to be their own demise if the ratings keep sinking and tickets aren't selling. Not to mention, it looks REALLY bad when people in the crowd are seen visibly leaving during the main event, and are apathetic as hell. They aren't going to need a "cure for the common show" -type solution right now, no. In another year or two though, if things keep at this pace

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Very drill orientated training session today, which kinda sucked, I'd much rather be learning moves and selling rather than running drills to blow me up. I learned how to give/take a russian legsweep, and a mistra pin.

I got to chain with a Japanese wrestler who is in town, no one else did..so that was really cool

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Joe vs Ciampa was the only notable bright spot on last night's NXT though I like Jordan and Gable continuing their climb as well but their match was way too short. I think it's official, Nia Jax is awful. Slow and boring. Luckily, Joe and Ciampa killed it in the main event.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    My good friend's wrestling company will be live streaming their show tonight on youtube!

around 11:00 pm EST (give or take, indy wrestling) it will go live!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

I got my first taste at wrestling an international star, as I got to grapple with Shinnya Ishida from Japan during practice last week!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Let's see, Charlotte is slowly becoming a heel with the help of her old man, New Day and Team BAD twerk while wearing unicorn headbands, a 16-man elimination tag match involving the Wyatts, the ECW originals, League of Nations, and the Family to start the show, and Roman doing a promo and call Sheamus "tater tots" and a lame brawl to end the show.

Thank goodness I didn't watch RAW. Wow, they're getting worse. Please, let the show drop to a 1.0 and have Vince die of a heart attack.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Couldn't make it through raw tonight. It was absolutely terrible. I was done once team bad started dancing with new day.....I can't even believe I made it that far. It's getting embarrassing to watch this crap. I'll check out tlc but I'm not expecting anything good to come from it.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Thought the show was ok until the third hour. Third hour fell apart quickly.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Saw bits and pieces but the few bits i watched were terrible (that horrible Rusev segment, Reigns promo, New Day and B.A.D. dancing), i can't believe they are still trying to make Reigns sound like The Rock, cringeworthy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I know the overall product is bad. But sometimes it's the little things that get me worked up, like Owens having a good match with Ziggler, where he takes pretty much everything Ziggler has and comes through with the win. Only to be rendered helpless by getting soda in his eyes. The fuck man? Imagine how much better that segment would have been if Ambrose threw the soda in Owens' face and Owens immediately attacks resulting in a brawl that leads up the ramp into the backstage area. I know I'd be more excited to see them two go at it at TLC.

But nope, Owens is blinded by soda, then held back by the ropes while Dean Ambrose slowly walks up the ramp. Frustrating.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    The Solomonster nails it again and tells us why Roman Reigns is not "The Guy"

http://tjrwrestling.net/its-all-abou...jason-solomon/

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    And Solomonster also provides into why people are not watching RAW right now:

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Solomonster gets it. Really enjoying his stuff. I've yet to disagree with him.

Found this on twitter.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    And last's night RAW rating is.... 2.15!!!! http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/6500...september-1997

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Sheamus 2:15 says: "I just whipped your Rating"

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Sheamus 2:15 says: "I just whipped your Rating"
    Shouldn't this obvious trending drop in viewership start having some effect on their stock value? I know less than jack shit about wall street, but their stock is doing pretty well, and that makes me sad because the current product is fucking stupid.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    They're making money out the ass, so that's that. That's what shareholders care about.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    They're making money out the ass, so that's that. That's what shareholders care about.
    Lol, I think what I'd like to see is a timeline of the domino effect of events of how the company will eventually implode on itself.

First ratings I imagine, then ticket sales, then merch sales, then stocks go down, tv deals start waning, network subscribers decrease, etc.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    There's probably two reasons why USA won't drop them. 1) Wrestlemania is around the corner. The ratings WILL pick up. How much? No idea. But, they will pick up some. 2) worst case scenario, when it comes time to renegotiate their tv deal, WWE won't have as much leverage. So no, USA won't drop them. But they would have the upper hand in negotiations and give them less than they did last time.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    learned a bunch of "cutting wood" spots
    eye poke, eye poke from headlock, eye gouge, eye rake, back rake, kicks in corner, kicks in corner sitting down, and choking with foot in corner sitting down.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    And now for your viewing pleasure, BOTCHAMANIA 295....

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    BTW, i just learned that Sami Zayn is back, so glad for him, can't wait to watch him in matches against Samoa Joe and Balor.