Page 235 of 486 FirstFirst ... 135 185 225 233 234 235 236 237 245 285 335 ... LastLast
Results 7,021 to 7,050 of 14557

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I love the New Day. I was skeptical when they formed but since turning, they've become the most entertaining and fun thing in the WWE. I love Xavier's trombone.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    They really turned things around. Took a shitty gimmick and turned it into something. Proof that it is possible to turn a shit gimmick into gold. Now, they have creative freedom to do what they want, and it's only getting better.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    So, aside from the New Day, another crappy RAW? I heard Reigns did a promo and.... it bombed. Charlotte jobbed to a ring-rat in a tag match and that ring-rat tried to bury Sasha Banks on the mic.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Yeah, Reigns tanked and the crowd got him for it. He tried playing it off, unsuccessfully. They chanted "boring", and he says "this isn't boring. This is real life!". Derp... just when he starts getting better on the mic, and then this happens...in Chicago.

Divas matches were throwaways. The first one, in particular. Not sure if I'd say they tried burying Sasha. If anything, they planted seeds for her to break away and go solo. She got a great reaction (as usual), and it's fairly obvious they're going to play off of her reaction and overshadowing of Tamina and Naomi. Far from trying to bury her.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Watched RAW because i'm attending the Saturday house show and i wanted to be "up to speed", but man ...it was hard work, what a boring RAW, only good thing was The New Day (as you guys mentioned), but excluding that ...filler.
    The Divas Revolution is dead, Rusev storyline doesn't make any sense, Ziggler jobbed (again!) and that Reigns promo, lol, it was actually amusing, poor guy he just can't cut a promo...

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Reigns is better in small doses. Less is more. He can't cut long promos. Especially long scripted ones. He looked like he was struggling to remember his lines.

The Rusev angle is a mess. He and Lana are legit engaged now, so I guess they're playing off of it - poorly. It was fairly obvious that Lana and Rusev would reunite at some point soon. But last night was a mess. It would've been more logical for her just to return and pull a swerve on Summer, injured or not. Going based on the tmz article is just stupid, lazy booking.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    yeah, it makes sense to reunite Rusev with Lana, since the engagement picture it's all over the internet, but the storyline became something dumb.
    I just thought: why not go with Rusev "marring" Summer (give a bullshit reason or just pretend the real life pic doesn't exist) and then after a long time we find out he was "cheating" on Summer with Lana all the time?.

That way you can: keep Rusev with Summer, give Lana the time off to film or whatever, not be tied to the "real life events" and "bring them back together" when it's convenient.

I know it's not the best solution and i'm not a writer, but it makes more sense of what they did yesterday...

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Still a better solution than theirs. I would've continued forward with the current storyline with Summer proposing. Lana returns during the wedding, and they ditch Summer. Could've done anything, really. Doesn't require that much thought. We came up with two logical ideas in just minutes. A writing staff of near 30 can't?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    The storyline was idiotic from the start. I get that they wanted to develop Lana, but Rusev and Lana work best together, and they can develop as a unit without becoming stale. They tanked four people in one storyline (well, Summer, I guess, is in the same spot that she was before - irrelevant) and they're somehow shocked that the ratings are tanking just as fast. This Raw in particular was clearly shit and I didn't even watch it.

Reigns cannot be scripted to ramble on and on like a fucking idiot. He needs to say five words and beat the fuck out of people. They spent months fixing his character and sent him out there to die in Chicago. Good work, you stupid fucks.

This is why I dropped Raw. The New Day is the best handled trio in the company and they're still going to fuck them up soon enough. This product is awful and I'm glad I'm not subjecting myself to the worst of it on a weekly basis.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    #remembercesaro?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    That's infuriating. I understand he's not a great talker. But, neither is Reigns (who isn't universally over as a babyface). They don't want to give up on Reigns though, based on having a marketable look and lineage. Cesaro has a pretty loyal fan base. They push him to keep the fans happy, then they stop. Maybe it's because they think the fans are stupid, mindless sheep; that we think if they dial back on him, we'll just forget about him. Nope. While he's not the greatest talker, people still want him to get a push, an actual push. Not a little momentum before it gets snatched away.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    It's ludicrous. Nobody is tuning in because they're sick of seeing the stars of yesteryear in half brained angles. Cesaro needs to be involved in a title feud. I think part of his absence was due to the WWE tour through the middle east, but that is no reason to have radio silence about the guy. In this "reality" era, how about him tweeting shit to KO from afar, and KO continues the feud on the air? So simple.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    If Bryan doesn't return. There's only 2 guys I want to see win the Royal Rumble. It's not going to happen because Vince is an out-of-touch old fuck. Yet, if Dolph Ziggler or Cesaro wins the Royal Rumble. The place would explode with joy and if one of them wins at WrestleMania. Hope will come back again.

Unfortunately, that's not what WWE wants since they want to push the same old assholes and whoever has a certain look and can sell stupid merch.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    People are tuning out for many reasons. Inconsistent booking, lack of continuity, not listening to their fans, shoving people down our throats who aren't over, and burying the ones who are, and insulting the intelligence of their viewers.

Cesaro doesn't necessarily need a title feud. He needs consistent booking. Just let the guy wrestle. That's all that he needs to do. That's what got him over.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I also hate the way the WWE books the whole women's roster. At NXT, they laud Sasha for her performance and at RAW, Brie mocks Sasha as if she's telling the fans "You should be watching us and like it!"

I really hope Sasha goes on her own, win the Diva's title, and then pull a Shane Douglas on the entire belt and the entire division.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    I also hate the way the WWE books the whole women's roster. At NXT, they laud Sasha for her performance and at RAW, Brie mocks Sasha as if she's telling the fans "You should be watching us and like it!"

I really hope Sasha goes on her own, win the Diva's title, and then pull a Shane Douglas on the entire belt and the entire division.
    I disagree. All brie did was set up a jealousy angle for Sasha to break away from team bad. Maybe could've been done better. But, I commend them for gradually breaking up the groups. Need more singles matches. And especially after that match Sasha had at takeover, it only makes sense that being in a group like that is only holding her back. So if it leads to her going solo (which she should) I'm all for brie playing off the crowd.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I just read a rumor at Cageside that there's no plans in breaking up these factions anytime soon. Well fuck. Why am I not surprised? Oh yeah, it's WWE.

This is just fueling my fantasy booking idea of that anti-sports entertainment faction that I want to create. It'd be guys who succeeded in the indies/other promotions but find themselves humiliated and mistreated by Vince where Bryan, Owens, Cesaro, Neville, Samoa Joe, Balor, Crews, and Ambrose would form this faction as they would attack everyone. They'd beat up Rollins for being Triple H's bitch and do serious injuries to older guys like Chode, Corporate Retard, and Mark Henry to the point that they retire.

After months of beatings and chaos, Stephanie confronts Bryan and the gang as she books Bryan to face Triple H inside Hell in a Cell in an "I Quit" match. Bryan accepts but he makes an announcement where he tells Steph some things as she slaps him repeatedly as he laughs. He says "come on bitch, hit me again" where Stephanie is attacked by a masked individual where it's revealed to be Asuka. Bryan then says "now, did you think this was going to be a boys' club? Guess what? We got Asuka in our ranks but... she's not alone" as Becky Lynch, Billie Kay, Emma, Peyton Royce, Athena, and Sasha Banks come in to attack Stephanie. The Divas try to save Stephanie only to be attacked by Paige and Natalya who beat up Steph and everyone including Brie Bella who tried to reason with Daniel but he puts a thumbs down and has her be fed by the ladies as he tells her "it's over. You and your gutter-slut of a sister have tried to use your position to take other down. Not anymore. I didn't want to involve you into this but you and your sister instead chose to be part of the problem. Now, you will suffer like I've suffered when you abandoned me to Vince and the Authority"

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Cesaro's case reminds me a lot to Drew McIntyre (Drew Galloway in TNA), both talented european athletes with great ring skills but average mic skills, because of this the WWE books them poorly and end up as talented jobbers, despite of the fans support.
    I don't see Cesaro winning this year's Rumble, probably it will be between Reigns, Wyatt or Seth Rollins (if he isn't the champion by then), maybe Bryan if he's back by then, but is highly unlikely...

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Cesaro's case reminds me a lot to Drew McIntyre (Drew Galloway in TNA), both talented european athletes with great ring skills but average mic skills, because of this the WWE books them poorly and end up as talented jobbers, despite of the fans support.
    I don't see Cesaro winning this year's Rumble, probably it will be between Reigns, Wyatt or Seth Rollins (if he isn't the champion by then), maybe Bryan if he's back by then, but is highly unlikely...
    Have this feeling that it'll be either Lesnar or Reigns winning the rumble. Just wonder if the fans will boo it for the fourth year in a row.

Just saw Nia Jax's debut. Egh... Not impressed. And, it looks like we won't have to see Eva Marie wrestle again, for awhile. Maybe they finally realized that she's not suited to wrestle.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I too must give Nia Jax the old GSP "I'm not impressed by your performance."

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Intrigued to see Bayley/Bliss though. Need more Asuka though!

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Had wrestling practice today, learned SO much today. Today I learned
    Snapmares
    armdrags
    go behinds
    headlock takeovers - legs around the head
    sunset flips
    sunset flips from the apron

and probably a few more things. Everything was awesome..except for my back giving out on me..I'm in a LOT of pain, but I'm living my dream.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfocalinx View Post
    Had wrestling practice today, learned SO much today. Today I learned
    Snapmares
    armdrags
    go behinds
    headlock takeovers - legs around the head
    sunset flips
    sunset flips from the apron

and probably a few more things. Everything was awesome..except for my back giving out on me..I'm in a LOT of pain, but I'm living my dream.
    No pain, no gain. There's going to be a lot of pain, heh.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    No pain, no gain. There's going to be a lot of pain, heh.
    yeah man, I have a herniated disc so it flares up every now and then. haha

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Just try and take care of yourself and your opponent. When there's trust, you'll know you're starting to do good.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    yup. I really trust everyone i'm working with. its a great group of dudes

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Lots of luck @xfocalinx !

careful with the injuries, take care of your herniated disk

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I just read rumors that there's a reason why Cesaro is getting pushed. Vince thinks he's boring.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I just read rumors that there's a reason why Cesaro is getting pushed. Vince thinks he's boring.
    Doesn't surprise me. Plenty of people say otherwise. Plenty of people also have their opinions of Vince these days as well..

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Reminded me of this meme: