Page 472 of 486 FirstFirst ... 372 422 462 470 471 472 473 474 482 ... LastLast
Results 14,131 to 14,160 of 14557

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    People overrated Collision from the get go. They just say its "amazing" online because CM Punk is allegedly heading it. It still feels like the same AEW product to me.

Bullet Club Gold is the best thing on Collision, funny they are a channel changer above. I've love if Toni Storm broke away from the Outcasts and joined her husband in BCG.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 08-20-2023 at 08:06 PM.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I don’t know. Maybe try to explain the appeal to me (I’ve asked this before because I’d like to understand) but I suspect we just like different folks. I see two jobbers in the Gunns and the other two are tries too hards without an ounce of charisma between the four. They come across like middle schoolers in promos.

Collision has been good, sometimes great, since it started but I’d be a liar if I said this week’s wasn’t garbage. Punk, Joe, Starks, HOB, The Acclaimed, FTR, Miro, Hobbs, and it seems like Rush is coming. That’s a solid list of talent. There’s no excuse to put on a show that poor.

What I like most of all is that Collision and Dynamite are two very different shows, with many positives between them, so it is nice to not get repetitive things even though it’s the same company.
    Last edited by Swykk; 08-21-2023 at 06:42 AM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I’ve read of tons of areas online that people think Dynamite is unwatchable trash and has been for ages and Collision “feels like a real show.” Both are AEW to me and feel like the same company and shows. Sometimes one is better than the other. The fact I see people act like Collision is some new untouchable product compared to its predecessor show is funny given it’s owned by the same promotion. It’s basically Dynamite mixed with Rampage most weeks to me. Aside the main event, most of the shows are solid but not super special. Dynamite still feels like the flagship show to me.

I don’t like the Gunns or their inclusion within the group. I was strictly talking about Jay White and Juice Robinson as a duo and the original debuting BCG. Both are solid talents and have charisma to me.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I caught a video of Nakamura’s promo and wow, that’s amazing work there. Seems like it was a good RAW.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I’ve read of tons of areas online that people think Dynamite is unwatchable trash and has been for ages and Collision “feels like a real show.” Both are AEW to me and feel like the same company and shows. Sometimes one is better than the other. The fact I see people act like Collision is some new untouchable product compared to its predecessor show is funny given it’s owned by the same promotion. It’s basically Dynamite mixed with Rampage most weeks to me. Aside the main event, most of the shows are solid but not super special. Dynamite still feels like the flagship show to me.
    I feel the complete opposite. I love Dynamite and think it's the best weekly wrestling show by a long mile. It's consistently entertaining and even on it's off weeks, it's still far more enjoyable than watching either Raw or Collision. Collision comes across as very boring and ultra repetitive to me. Every episode feels like the exact same episode from the week before. There's been a couple of really great matches on the show but overall it's just the same handful of people over and over again and everything that happens on that show is constantly (especially lately) over shadowed by Phil's belief that he is CEO of AEW. It's insane that he's somehow getting away with calling all the shots on who gets to appear on the show or even allowed in the venues for taping. You don't own shit bro, and you can't even wrestle that well anymore. And honestly the whole "Real World Champion" shit is just embarrassing. Dynamite/Rampage is coming back to KC in October and honestly when the show was announced I genuinely sighed in relief that it was Dynamite and not Collision. I don't think I'd have bought tickets, let alone ringside seats, to a Collision show.

As for Bullet Club Gold, fuckin' love them. They're the best thing going for Collision, in my opinion. I used to be on the fence about Juice but I've grown to really like his character, and yeah I think him and Jay White's chemistry together is, pardon the pun, fucking gold. Also am a fan of the Gunn's so I'm okay with them being with BC.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Here’s the Nakamura promo, if you missed it:

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Was just coming to post that!

I ordered mine but I’m keeping my bootleg because I imagine a lot of this will be edited. It’s still great they’re officially releasing it. I’ll always fondly remember being there. It was truly special.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    RIP Terry Funk

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    RIP Terry Funk
    Holy shit, this is sad news!

R.I.P. to an awesome legend!

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    RIP Terry Funk

His legacy will live forever.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    1. Holy fuck RIP Terry Funk
    2. Rumors of Edge going to AEW? Imagine ending your career in modern day WCW. Yikes.
    Last edited by tony.parente; 08-24-2023 at 08:47 AM.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    It’s a real Sophie’s Choice to stick with the company that mocked you for aging and they only care about one storyline that they already ruined three months ago.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    2. Rumors of Edge going to AEW? Imagine ending your career in modern day WCW. Yikes.
    Why not though? He'll undoubtedly get more screen time in AEW, as well as having the opportunity to end his career re-tagging with Christian in a completely full circle moment. I think it'd be a lot more fun for him to end his career that way than by shoehorning his last match into some lame Wrestlemania match against John Cena or something. He's done everything he can possibly do in WWE, so I think it'd be genuinely really interesting to see what he does in AEW.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I would love to see an Edge and Christian reunion.

In many ways it's WWE's fault, they never valued Christian, either in TNA or AEW, he has always proved he's a top talent.

Obviously Tony Khan is going to snatch Edge and reunite him with Christian, he would be an idiot if he didn't...

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Why not though? He'll undoubtedly get more screen time in AEW, as well as having the opportunity to end his career re-tagging with Christian in a completely full circle moment. I think it'd be a lot more fun for him to end his career that way than by shoehorning his last match into some lame Wrestlemania match against John Cena or something. He's done everything he can possibly do in WWE, so I think it'd be genuinely really interesting to see what he does in AEW.
    Because like it or not AEW is a step down, and I honestly think that it's beneath him. If he wants to go out in a similar manner that Ric Flair did when he went to TNA more power to him.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Bray fucking Wyatt died what the fuck

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Bray fucking Wyatt died what the fuck
    I just saw the post from Triple H, wasn't he legitimately away from WWE for some health issues?

Either way, i was definitely not expecting news like this. Very sad.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Give Brodie a strong hug for us all, Bray!

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    RIP Bray.

I’ve read it was a heart attack due to lingering/long COVID. That is very sad.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    This is sad, he was too young.

My favorite moment was his feud with Daniel Bryan.

RIP Bray

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Really fucking sad and surreal that 2/3 of the Wyatt Family are gone now.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    The intro to SD...just heartbreaking. Then they show the empty rocking chair and it's crushing.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I can't believe he's gone. I hadn't really watched wrestling since the mid 2000's, but what Bray was doing caused me to peak in occasionally. There was enormous talent in that man.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Young Bucks vs FTR will be match of the night methinks, least in my opinion.

Great shows so far. Hope Toni is rid of Saraya and Ruby.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Every match was awesome with good drama, moments and outcomes. Excellent PPV. Probably one of the best I've seen from any promotion since I've been a fan. loved it.

AEW: ALL in announced for London on August 25th, 2024 too!

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Agreed it was a fun show. The only decision I question is House of Black losing to Acclaimed…but I didn’t hate it by any means.
    The only regret is that Danielson got hurt and we didn’t get a Nigel return match.

I think MOTN was Bucks vs FTR 3 but damn, Cole and MJF killed it too.

Because it never ends, I guess Jack Perry reportedly instigated a physical confrontation with Punk right before his match with Joe and was removed from the building. Not a lot of details yet though. I guess he referenced using real glass during his match with Hook because Punk and a few others nixed him using real glass before?
    Last edited by Swykk; 08-27-2023 at 06:29 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Show's done at 3pm. Can we have more early shows? Of course, they threw the women out there after Stadium Stampede, because a women's title match is a cool down?

Christian remains all kinds of awesome, and might be the best thing in AEW right now. I don't think anything is topping him having his own daughter removed from the building for wanting to hold the title. Just awesome.

Bucks looked a little rough against the Gunns on Dynamite last week, but always go full throttle with FTR.

Swerve needs to be champion NOW. Bar none.

Watching the presser afterwards confirms more and more that TK doesn't blink.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Punk is a fucking dork.

Black is 10/10.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Swerve absolutely rules. Agreed.