Page 469 of 485 FirstFirst ... 369 419 459 467 468 469 470 471 479 ... LastLast
Results 14,041 to 14,070 of 14543

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    I know you guys may just see me as anti WWE, but I’m just trying to make you aware of what’s to come.

The post above this backs that.

I was a big UFC fan too. Then Endeavor bought it and hiked the prices so high, it basically caused me to stop following it. The multiple Dana White issues were also a factor.

I really think WrestleMania night 1 was the last of the HHH run shows and even before that Vince had fingers in the pie.

They can go ahead and commit profit suicide when they do this. I won't be buying it. A lot of these shows aren't even worth 9.99, let alone 49.99 or 59.99.

https://www.f4wonline.com/news/wwe/n...g-to-ppv-model

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Wembley Stadium.

May the odds be ever in AEW 's favor.

Also - KING SWITCH

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the duder View Post
    Wembley Stadium.

May the odds be ever in AEW 's favor.

Also - KING SWITCH
    Everyone online seems to forget how quickly the first All In sold out. I'm personally extremely excited to see AEW finally hold a stadium show. It's going to be fucking awesome.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Everyone online seems to forget how quickly the first All In sold out. I'm personally extremely excited to see AEW finally hold a stadium show. It's going to be fucking awesome.
    Oh, I'm here for it - I'd love to see it sell out but highly doubt they could pull it off. I'm thinking a moonshot attendance number of 65K. Realistically, I'd guess 45-50K.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Is The Iron Sheik still alive?

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)

(it's so nice I accidentally asked twice)

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    It's gonna take a ton of ex WWE guys for AEW to sell out Wembly.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    It’s pretty much gotta be CMFTR vs The Elite, plus Drew and Mercedes.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I saw Ricky the Dragon Steamboat in the eighties, in amarillo, when i was a kid.

AND, i saw Bob Backlund vs Somebody in like 1990, and i also saw my hero, Bret Hart, beat Ric Flair, in maybe 91.

What live WWF shows did you guys catch?

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    He's very much alive and still saying: "Fackin' bullshit, hate tha Hulk Hogan".

What live WWF shows did you guys catch?
    Sadly the WWE started to come to Mexico during the "Ruthless Agression" era, but i did attend a bunch of shows, my first WWE show was a Smackdown! house show with Kurt Angle on the main event.
    I also got to see John Cena, Edge, Batista, RVD, Jericho and even The Undertaker in other shows.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)

@henryeatscereal man we have a long history of pro wrestling in Texas.
    And I'm sure this isn't shit compared to Mexico City, but there IS this little promotion in Amarillo, 80 miles away.
    And sometimes they bring old WWF stars.

I wanna go, REAL bad. It's every Saturday, $10, BYOB.

Last edited by elevenism; 04-10-2023 at 05:21 PM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    @henryeatscereal man we have a long history of pro wrestling in Texas.
    And I'm sure this isn't shit compared to Mexico City, but there IS this little promotion in Amarillo, 80 miles away.
    And sometimes they bring old WWF stars.

I wanna go, REAL bad. It's every Saturday, $10, BYOB.
    viously i also attended many Lucha Libre
    Sounds good man, you should go!
    Obviously i also attended many lucha libre shows, it always great go to the Arena Mexico, i haven't attended one since the pandemic, i need to fix that...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Had a blast at Capitol Collision last night in DC. ZSJ vs. Filthy Tom Lawlor was tied with the main event triple threat tag for MOTN. Aussie Open are over as fuck, and young Kyle Fletcher has a very bright future in pro wrestling.
    Last edited by the duder; 04-16-2023 at 02:19 PM.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Sounds good man, you should go!
    Obviously i also attended many lucha libre shows, it always great go to the Arena Mexico, i haven't attended one since the pandemic, i need to fix that...
    Wait...what does "viously, I attended many Lucha Libre" mean?

I didn't say that.

Pero, ojala que, en la futura, puedo ir al Lucha Libre en Mexico, contigo. Puedo estar alla si voy a sobrrevir, y si tienes un cuarto extra!

Y, tambien: si, tenemos wrestling in Amarillo, TX.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I'm dying of laughter.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    That WWE Backlash crowd in PR tho...

AND 60K for AEW at Wembley?!

Pro wrestling is alive and well, folks

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Can we just blacklist Punk and Steel from the biz? TK has to learn to be a damn boss and not just their buddy. He keeps rewarding this toxic poor soul. How long until he gets pissy again?

Just let em go...

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poinoup View Post
    Can we just blacklist Punk and Steel from the biz? TK has to learn to be a damn boss and not just their buddy. He keeps rewarding this toxic poor soul. How long until he gets pissy again?

Just let em go...
    Seriously man. Go fuck yourself, Punk. You won the title in your hometown, wasn't good enough. Had to go out and bitch and moan and throw a temper tantrum about the company. Tony decides to give you your own show and debut it in your hometown for your big return after almost a year, not good enough. Gotta go out and bitch and moan and throw a tantrum because you can't get your way with aCe StEeL of all the fucking people in the world. It's so clear he doesn't care about the sport at all and only cares about getting himself over for money. I do not understand for the life of me why people still grovel so hard for this fucking guy. Cult of personality, indeed.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Phil called Cena the Yankees x years ago. Punk is now the Yankees.

Now for some 90's AJW. YAY JOSHI!

That hair vs hair match is ***** from me. The post-match makes it ******.
    Last edited by poinoup; 05-20-2023 at 11:28 PM.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    We get it. You guys have been beating that dead horse for 9 months.

You’re mad the plan was likely always to bring him back. Much worse real life fights have happened in the history of wrestling and most of those folks ended up working together in the end. Anybody remember Matt Hardy and Edge? Bret and Shawn?

He is their biggest ratings draw, like it or not. They’re going to continue to try and get him back. I’m annoyed with all of this too. There are apparently legal issues that are still ongoing.

You don’t like CM Punk? Fine. But stop pretending you don’t know how this shit works.
    Last edited by Swykk; 05-21-2023 at 07:59 AM.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Punk is perfect for AEW.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    If Philip Glass's situation is mostly cleared up, how long until he's pissy again? I say January (at most). TK's bending over backwards for this dude... "The Second Coming"? Really? But, like Old Man Vince, if you can make money off someone, you bring em back. (Warrior, Bret)

I took the NXT Plunge back into the rotation the last few weeks, and it's still the SCTV to the main roster's SNL, but there's some hope down there with some of the talent, provided they don't get hurt. That parking lot is a career-taker.

The Chase/Duke U stuff is priceless. 25 Red Bulls/day Thea Hail is a highlight.
    Last edited by poinoup; 05-24-2023 at 06:59 PM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poinoup View Post
    If Philip Glass's situation is mostly cleared up, how long until he's pissy again? I say January (at most). TK's bending over backwards for this dude... "The Second Coming"? Really? But, like Old Man Vince, if you can make money off someone, you bring em back. (Warrior, Bret)
    Bret and Warrior coming back did great business for the WWE, i don't see why AEW doesn't do it differently.
    They have a major show coming up in the UK, that need attractions and Punk gave them their best rating; it's a no-brainer.
    The guy is problematic? sure, but so was Hogan, Warrior, Michaels, Jeff hardy...

I do agree that this needs to be his last shot, the guy is for sure a needle mover, but TK doesn't need that drama, still i find it so bizarre that so many people want to see AEW fail.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    The facepalm isn’t even for comparing Warrior to Punk (but JFC).

NXT is wet hot garbage. Unwatchable.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Ah, I kinda mistyped there, I think. I meant they looked the other way with bringing Warrior and Bret back in due to them dollars, and I get the return. Hell, the indy locker rooms I'm in have drama bigger than that sometimes, haha.

What I am interested in is the first few months of ratings for the show. There is a lot of competition on Saturday night. Dig that Collision logo though.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Scored tickets to Collision at the United Center.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Imagine shit talking the EVPs on live TV right next to the boss, then punching one of them, hitting them with a chair, having one of your friends BITE THEM and then be given your own TV show where you're the star and get to redebut in your home town in the end. What a joke of a company lol

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Yeah dude, that’s certainly a way to word what happened which we still do not know and probably won’t anytime soon.

Punk HAD Ace Steel bite a man. Ordered him to do it.

Joke company? Like the one that has a part time average worker as double champ for 1000 days that fumbled in the end zone of the one good angle they had at Wrestlemania (that story was good because of Sami and Jey, not Not The Guy). Run once again by a sex pred. That has created a secondary title for reasons. That has squandered the once great NXT. I’ll stop there but the list is gigantic.

I like you guys in this thread minus one (the less said the better), a lot honestly, but for 9 months now…NINE, you’ve been going off about this and somehow me of all of us has been the one talking about working together toward a solution that benefits the company and honestly all involved.

Just say you hate CM Punk. That would be just fine.

I’m going to have fun at that show and with any hope, ratings will come back up and we can work toward a massive feud that’ll draw huge for AEW. Not a joke at all (company or otherwise).
    Last edited by Swykk; 05-25-2023 at 01:00 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I'm a switch it up. How about Nick Khan's ever-growing ideas and the like concerning WWE? Open to moving Raw off Mondays (I see it), and open to a third hour of Smackdown. When SD first started, UPN wanted a 90 min show to lead into original programming. (Shasta McNasty, ugh)

Some talk about the Lucha show they want to do, and NXT Europe. Wasn't NXT UK that before they were folded into the main one? (not being sarcastic there, truly wondering)

I think HHH's expansion plans really got derailed by the pandemic, and with the rumblings of roster cuts coming, I don't foresee these happening.

Swykk, do you know about WrestleTix? Grabbed first row to Regina Collision almost immediately. Where did you get seats?
    Last edited by poinoup; 05-25-2023 at 04:23 PM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Imagine shit talking the EVPs on live TV right next to the boss, then punching one of them, hitting them with a chair, having one of your friends BITE THEM and then be given your own TV show where you're the star and get to redebut in your home town in the end. What a joke of a company lol
    I got no issue with you Tony, you are one of my favorite posters around here, but i disagree.

We don't know if the EVP's are the ones that started this shit, they showed their lack of better judgment in this situations and in my mind they are no better than Punk.
    Also Punk is keeping things interesting, frankly in a very boring and safe era for wrestling, the most interesting thing to come out lately from the WWE are Vince McMahon's lawsuits. (funny nobody calls them a "joke company" or gives them half the hate that Punk gets...)

The "joke company" just sold 60.000 tickets for the Wembley stadium, love 'em or hate 'em competition is always healthy and i'm glad they exist, i'm not saying TK is perfect and the guy has made lots of mistakes, but i respect him for believing on his product.