Page 365 of 485 FirstFirst ... 265 315 355 363 364 365 366 367 375 415 465 ... LastLast
Results 10,921 to 10,950 of 14544

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Not sure if I'd say propaganda. The royal family there paid top dollar for this and other shows. Nine total, I think. The actual fans can buy tickets. But, they're mostly getting nosebleeds. The best seats are comps. No money really made from sales at all most likely. The only way women are allowed is with family.

For a company that's so high on the idea of diversity and the women's revolution, they're fine with doing a show under these certain circumstances.

Money talks.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I really don't know why they didn't award the winner with a money in the bank contract or a title match at Backlash. The damn name of the show is "GREATEST Royal Rumble", yet this is the most worthless royal rumble match in history. Also, didn't Sasha Banks and Alexa Bliss have a match just months ago in Abu Dhabi without an incident? In fact, the crowd chanted "This is hope" while the match was going on. It sure feels like WWE just took a gigantic leap backwards in the "women's revolution" in the name of a payday.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkIcouldburn View Post
    I really don't know why they didn't award the winner with a money in the bank contract or a title match at Backlash. The damn name of the show is "GREATEST Royal Rumble", yet this is the most worthless royal rumble match in history. Also, didn't Sasha Banks and Alexa Bliss have a match just months ago in Abu Dhabi without an incident? In fact, the crowd chanted "This is hope" while the match was going on. It sure feels like WWE just took a gigantic leap backwards in the "women's revolution" in the name of a payday.
    Abu Dhabi is in UAE. They're a bit more progressive that Saudi Arabia. They allow women to work and attend. They have to cover up and wear body suits pretty much though. It's a start. Saudi Arabia is still very behind on that.

I do kinda wish the rumble had some actual meaning. Match at summerslam. something. I'm sure we're going to get some surprises. And maybe it'll be actually good. But it serves no real purpose.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Abu Dhabi is in UAE. They're a bit more progressive that Saudi Arabia. They allow women to work and attend. They have to cover up and wear body suits pretty much though. It's a start. Saudi Arabia is still very behind on that.
    That's kind of what I'm getting at though. They could have had an event there and not made it this big, or had a massive event in a location which was more progressive, yet they chose to go this shitty route. Lots of curiously shitty decisions were made to make this event as controversial as it is.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    That's kind of what I'm getting at though. They could have had an event there and not made it this big, or had a massive event in a location which was more progressive, yet they chose to go this shitty route. Lots of curiously shitty decisions were made to make this event as controversial as it is.
    Money talks. It wasn't all a wwe choice. The Saudi royal family wanted this and paid a shit load of money for it. For the amount of money WWE is probably getting, it probably has to be what it is.

Saw on Twitter earlier that the women will likely be compensated and paid. Good on WWE.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    This is just too perfect to describe this horrible event.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    This is just too perfect to describe this horrible event.
    They replayed it like FIVE times haha. I don't think I've ever heard commentatary lose their shit like that. It was hysterical.

I'm a little behind. Decent show so far though. Completely skipped reigns and lesnar. Some of these people in the crowd....wtf? I can see a lot of people that are genuinely happy and thrilled to be there. But there's also the ones constantly walking around or standing in groups giving zero fucks. Why bother being there?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    But there's also the ones constantly walking around or standing in groups giving zero fucks. Why bother being there?
    I think they don't care about the event. They just want to be seen where the less fortunate cannot be.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I think they don't care about the event. They just want to be seen where the less fortunate cannot be.
    They don't. They didn't even pay. I think everyone at ringside are all VIP guests. They have fancy armchairs too. They hardly even use them though. It's just the people at ringside. You can see plenty of actual fans behind them. Distracting though.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    That Titus moment is classic. That is a future Botchamania trademark like "he's got a bicycle", "wanna play 21?", "FOREVER!", "Yappapi", and so many others.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    GRR was better than Wrestlemania so that’s a positive.

Do you guys think Rusev is done? Kind of felt like it.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    GRR was better than Wrestlemania so that’s a positive.

Do you guys think Rusev is done? Kind of felt like it.
    I hope not.

BTW.... what do you think is going to happen on the plane ride back to the U.S.? I heard Meekmahan lost his shit over the Titus botched to the point that he had a hard time trying to compose himself for the ceremony. There were reports he was in tears of laughter over what happened. I bet every WWE personnel is laughing their ass off as they will probably continue to laugh at Titus all the way back home.

I can't stop laughing over this botch.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Vince had to have loved it. They replayed it five times. And even the commentators lost it. You don't see that often. Vince had to have been all about it.

I don't think rusev is.dead yet. They're killing him for sure though.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I'll watch it today. What I gather minus the IC ladder match and the Royal Rumble it was garbage just like the crowd.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Titus WorldSLIIIIIIIIIIDE

(both items stolen from this article: https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/20...s-his-response )
    Last edited by skullboy0; 04-28-2018 at 11:40 AM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Just as i predicted, it was mostly a glorified house show, still i liked some things like the ladder match and i was very entertained by the crowd/general ambient and how nervous were both the the commentators and the some of the wrestlers (that Titus botch and the Jinder/Hardy botch are signs).

I don't think the event needed to be that long and lots of the matches were meaningless but i enjoyed how different it felt from the rest of the PPV's

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I don't think it felt like a house show at all. Felt like a good b show. Not bad at all.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Was looking at dumb shit on YouTube and remembered this shit and laughed so hard.

The cringe.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/20...t-royal-rumble

Considering they’re going again in November looks like we’ll keep up the big PR disaster more than once annually.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    So yeah, y u have to b so perfect 4? LOLOLOLOL.

But seriously.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post

The cringe.
    "What's the deal with that wetsuit...?"

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    As if none of us here has had enough of Titus Worldslide.... well guess what. It's on again and now will forever be a part of.... BOTCHAMANIA!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Absolution is no more. Fine by me...

Maybe my star Mandy Rose will shine breaking off into singles I hope. Mandy vs Becky Lynch next week on SmackDown! Should be good.

Shame they didn't follow up with more RoseGold as that could've been so awesome. One team up for the Mixed Match Challenge one week special wasn't enough.

SmackDown! > RAW this week.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    3 matches this past weekend. 2 in chicago on Saturday, one in Cleveland on IPPV. messed up my fingers pretty good in the first match in Chicago. Hope they're not broken..but I'll be okay..

also, I can now confirm that I am 100% confirmed for the new wrestling company "Blackcraft wrestling" VERY excited for the opportunity..the brand already has 10 thousand followers on instagram, doug bradley from hellraiser is involved. It's got a millionaire funding it, Guys from WWE will be watching. STUPID excited.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfocalinx View Post
    3 matches this past weekend. 2 in chicago on Saturday, one in Cleveland on IPPV. messed up my fingers pretty good in the first match in Chicago. Hope they're not broken..but I'll be okay..

also, I can now confirm that I am 100% confirmed for the new wrestling company "Blackcraft wrestling" VERY excited for the opportunity..the brand already has 10 thousand followers on instagram, doug bradley from hellraiser is involved. It's got a millionaire funding it, Guys from WWE will be watching. STUPID excited.
    Hey

Good luck.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Absolution is no more. Fine by me...

Maybe my star Mandy Rose will shine breaking off into singles I hope. Mandy vs Becky Lynch next week on SmackDown! Should be good.

Shame they didn't follow up with more RoseGold as that could've been so awesome. One team up for the Mixed Match Challenge one week special wasn't enough.

SmackDown! > RAW this week.
    If Mandy Rose can get better in the ring she can go pretty far I think. I think Deville is screwed though.

Oh btw, Kane is mayor.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    If Mandy Rose can get better in the ring she can go pretty far I think. I think Deville is screwed though.

Oh btw, Kane is mayor.
    I think she has the physicality to go far but she needs much work on the mic and in promos. I definitely want to see her go farther. She's my favorite on the women's roster alongside Alexa Bliss and Liv Morgan. I don't typically have a thing for blondes but YES.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Hey

Good luck.
    Thank you thank you thank you!
    For those who don't know, blackcraft is an insanely popular Gothic clothhing line in every hottopic, many wwe superstars wear their stuff. They just announced a new company last month. We actually just filmed a teaser video last week that was posted on their instagram and I got PAID for it... like.. more than I've ever made through wrestling. They're going to try to be a competition to ROH, as they have the funds to book whomever they want.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    In my opinion both Liv and Mandy have a long way to go, but they got potential, i know everyone creams over Mandy Rose, but i like Liv Morgan so much better (both as a performer and physically).

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfocalinx View Post
    Thank you thank you thank you!
    For those who don't know, blackcraft is an insanely popular Gothic clothhing line in every hottopic, many wwe superstars wear their stuff. They just announced a new company last month. We actually just filmed a teaser video last week that was posted on their instagram and I got PAID for it... like.. more than I've ever made through wrestling. They're going to try to be a competition to ROH, as they have the funds to book whomever they want.
    Dude that's massive. I feel like your gimmick and character could go far in that type of environment. Best of luck dude!