Page 355 of 381 FirstFirst ... 255 305 345 353 354 355 356 357 365 ... LastLast
Results 10,621 to 10,650 of 11405

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tag after an eternetiy of sleephold boredom to absolutely no pop. End my misery.

That was 3!!! I demand a replay.

I really hate these no sells into counters after a big move. There were some in the prev match as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Alexa's promo saved it. The whole match felt rushed- Mickie was on a roll and then eliminated. Fans weren't happy with that.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    Alexa's promo saved it. The whole match felt rushed- Mickie was on a roll and then eliminated. Fans weren't happy with that.
    That is true. Alexa is fucking awesome in the promos and knows how to make people hate her.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    So Moolah is faboluous, but Hogan is still ejected from HoF. Classy.

What a surp-- not. Zzzz. Nia is so utterly useless, I feel bad for her. She's a walking gimmick at this point.

Wow, Matt won! Thought he was a jobber at this point. This ppv is rather shit so far.

Ronda crying without tears. Okay.

This is... a bit awkward.
    Last edited by Volband; 02-25-2018 at 09:08 PM.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Her eyes looked like they were watering a little. Here's the thing. She has never cut a promo. Probably doesn't know how to. She's nervous as hell and out of her element. She just needs time to get over the nerves and transition. What she said was genuine. Her nervousness made it awkward. Thankfully Kurt and Trips salvaged it and got it back on track.

People seem to forget Kurt was an outsider too. And people rejected him. Look at him now. She can get there. It might take awhile though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    not easy given her position and pressure. she did her best given the circumstances, I imagine. looks like it'll be her and Angle and Mania. Doubt they'd be able to get the Rock.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    I'd shit myself if I were in her position. No developmental. Straight into a mania angle and having to cut promos. Talk about think fast. Not sure if Angle is the best guy to cut promos atm for her. Thank god for Triple H though. He's the best mic guy they have aside from Heyman. He can carry this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Heyman would have been perfect for her if she was going the heel route.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Will probably need a mouthpiece for awhile after mania for sure. Heyman is probably the best option. He can talk and most likely teach her a lot. A heel run might not be a bad idea either. It's easier.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    struggling to stay awake. not that I'm not interested or find this main event boring. I'm just tired and have to be up early.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    struggling to stay awake. not that I'm not interested or find this main event boring. I'm just tired and have to be up early.
    We all know who's winning anyway.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    (Sigh) No one wants to see this crap.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Really? As much as I dig Braun, I rather see Brock vs someone like Reigns, than to witness ANOTHER "big sweaty dudes brawling" game. It's epic once in a while, but it's been oversaturated lately.

And Braun still looks strong af, so win-win.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    And... Roman wins again... how predictable.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    I'm guessing triple threat. I'll take Roman this time. Gotta get that belt off lesnar.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Yeah, the problem was not Roman winning. The problem was how strong they built up Braun. There were numerous spots where someone could've pinned him without him looking weak at all, but he kicked out from all the finishers in the world, and only then got fed to Roman. If Roman's gonna win the title, there is no reason to bury Braun and indirectly the others as well; beating Brock would be plenty enough.

At the end of the day, a Braun vs Lesnar title match would have been hot garbage, and out of the rest of the guys, only Cena or Roman could stand their ground vs Brock, and I much rather see a relatively new guy, than Cena. Roman winning the title wouldgenerate some heat, while another belt on Cena is like whatever.

And before anyone says Seth is much better, he would still have a shittier match against Brock than Roman. If you want a Seth push, then let Roman take a belt, feud wuth Seth with an actual fucking champion who shows up weekly, and hand it to him that way.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    I think my issue is that while they keep forcing the Roman push, someone always ends up more over than him while that's going on. First it was Daniel Bryan. Now, it's Strowman. It's been Strowman's year. He's the breakthrough star of 2017. He's really the guy. While, another Strowman/Lesnar match probably wouldn't be all that great, it wouldn't be too far off from a match with Reigns. Again, we get another mania main event the fans will shit all over, again. It's stupid.

Brightside is we finally get the belt off Lesnar and we get an actual champion back on tv. This part time champion bullshit should hopefully never happen ever again. It's awful.

Just ready to get it over with and be done with it. And hopefully it not too long of a run.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I wouldn't mind a triple-threat between Braun, Roman, & Lesnar but after that. No more triple threat matches and no more Roman in the main event. Fans don't want him and him being pushed as THE GUY for four years is the definition of insanity.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Meh. They had gold for the last triple threat with braun, lesner, and kane. But they royally fucked that up. I dont understand why they keep the belt on Lesner when the guy barely wrestles.

I think its time for Shane to buy the company from his dad.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Meh. They had gold for the last triple threat with braun, lesner, and kane. But they royally fucked that up. I dont understand why they keep the belt on Lesner when the guy barely wrestles.

I think its time for Shane to buy the company from his dad.
    Did you see Roman's promo last night? It was pretty dope, and he buried Brock (and indirectly WWE) hard. I already liked Roman, because I just love when people are fuming over his victories, but it was an objectively good promo this time, and he said what many of us wished someone would have said it already. You actually want Roman to win now, instead wanting both of them to lose.

As for that triple threat, I'm not sure if you can have gold with Kane. He was absolute garbage, and it wasn't the booking. He's slow and sloppy. Anyway, Braun should never win the title from Brock; he's already a beast, so I don't want him to be a bigger beast than Brock and Goldberg. Have someone like Roman take it from him, and then Braun or anyone else can finally feud with the champion.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Roman was really good last night. See if they can keep it up though. Rousey was also much better on the mic. Weird lunch from Trips at the end. I'm into it though.

I really don't want Kane to come back. Time to move on. Hopefully this is building to his sendoff. I'm guessing this is what Strowman is doing.

Don't want Cena/Taker, but that's what we're probably getting. Taker has nothing left to give. Can barely even walk as is. Cena since going part time has also lost a step.

Triple threat for the IC title looks like it'll be a good one too.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Once a year, Roman pieces together a decent promo and people seem to forget all of the other terrible ones as well as him being average in the ring. Still Not The Guy.

Ronda was much better on RAW. I hope she’s good after training these last 6-8 months (that we know about. She could’ve been learning from Josh Barnett and Shayna before WWE PC).

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    The goal should be to get Roman where he was before the injury in 2014 threw him off course. WWE has themselves to blame for that as well with weak interviews and horrible scripting. Roman was gaining steam until that point, especially after he had his big rumble appearance and the fans were screaming him for him when it was down to him and Batista.

I am 100% tired of Brock. TIRED. The man blows up after three minutes in the ring and his matches are just suplexes and F5s. Done. It's time for him to drop the belt and call it.

I expect Braun to destroy The Miz and get the IC title so Miz can feud with Roman as there are rumors that he is about to get pushed big. I wouldn't be surprised to see Miz and Roman trade the belt a few times until Summerslam.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post
    The goal should be to get Roman where he was before the injury in 2014 threw him off course. WWE has themselves to blame for that as well with weak interviews and horrible scripting. Roman was gaining steam until that point, especially after he had his big rumble appearance and the fans were screaming him for him when it was down to him and Batista.

I am 100% tired of Brock. TIRED. The man blows up after three minutes in the ring and his matches are just suplexes and F5s. Done. It's time for him to drop the belt and call it.

I expect Braun to destroy The Miz and get the IC title so Miz can feud with Roman as there are rumors that he is about to get pushed big. I wouldn't be surprised to see Miz and Roman trade the belt a few times until Summerslam.
    I think it was a "anyone but Batista" kind of cheer. Rusev got it the following year. The only thing that really hurt Roman is the booking. They either rush things, go against the grain, have him run through the fan favorites, or have him say some really dumb things.

If they had taken their time with him, built him up properly as a potential main event star and give him time to actually develop as a character, he'd probably be over as a baby face.

But they tried cutting corners and thought they could do it overnight. Didn't help that they were doing this while Daniel Bryan was still active and the one people really wanted. That hurt a lot too. It's just one bad decision after another. Scripted promos don't help much either. More damage than good altogether in wwe.

I'm over lesnar as well. I absolute hate the fact that he's champion let alone for an entire year. Raw has gone an entire year without an actual champion. That sucks. You need a champion. What are these guys fighting for? No champion. Instead, you just forget there's a champion except for a few days out of the year.

Also, doesn't help that he actually does show up, he just stands there not giving a shit while Heyman does all the work. I'm all for him being a part time attraction. He should never be a champion though. Not long term anyway. The sooner Roman takes it off him the better. Never thought I'd say that.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Brock, at one point, was my absolute favorite dude in the WWE. This of course, was back during his prime. But Brock is so fucking shitty now, that his own performances, and the way WWE books him these days, he's become one of my least favorite wrestlers of all time. Get that fucking belt off of that dude and get him the fuck out of the sport that he clearly doesn't want to be in anymore.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    I like Brock. He's still crazy over. He's an attraction. It's clear he doesn't care anymore. Putting a title on him is just stupid though. And they keep putting him with the same people. He shows up a few times a year. Mix it up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    gotta say, Roman's promo last night, even if it was a work, was pretty good. certainly earned some points with me, which was refreshing since I'm not a fan of his by any means. but as mentioned, let's see if he can keep it up.

to think, he was in the final 2 of the rumble for the last 4 years, if I'm not mistaken. crazy.

cena/taker in a loser retires match, probably. is it needed at this point?

Braun, who's super over, looks like he'll be the IC champ, to get fans to shutup a bit I guess.

Rousey was much better last night, agreed. bring the intensity. her strong point so far.

let's see if Smackdown continues to flounder. pretty sad, as it was quite strong about a year ago. good talent on smackdown too. just bad booking.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    A retirement match would be great. I really don't want Taker to come back. I feel like he got a great sendoff last year. Should leave it at that. Cena isn t exactly on his A game either. Cena carrying a broken down Taker isn't what I want to see at all.

I don't think StrowmanStrowman's going to be the IC title match. I'm thinking he's with Kane and (hopefully) sends him off too. Strowman's the wild card.

The card i think we're getting:

Roman/Lesnar
    Angle/Rousey vs Trips/Steph
    Cena/Taker
    Miz/Balor/Rollins
    Nakamura/AJ
    Bar/Revival (or we get a surprise or multi-team match)
    Asuka/Charlotte
    Nia/Alexa
    Sasha/Bayley
    Multi-team match for sd (I'm guessing hard here)
    Roode/Orton
    Hardy/Wyatt in a final deletion match

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    your card prediction and logic behind it sounds pretty spot on. Strowman is the wild card right now...as over as he is..would it be in the best interest to book him against Kane? I guess that's always a possibility. also..where does this leave Elias too? hopefully he's in the mix somewhere. maybe it's Elias/Strowman (seeds could have been planted last night with Elias escaping) ?

also add to the card: The Andre Battle Royal. You know they'll be milking it to coincide with the HBO Doc.

Bar/Revival could be some quality, 80's level tag team stuff.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Forgot about the Andre battle royal too. Elias could do that. He doesn't have to even wrestle to be on the show. Elias will be on the show in some way. No way he won't.

I think anything with Kane at this point is a waste. And considering how on fire Braun is, huge waste. I'd rather something else for sure. He and Kane have unfinished business though.

Maybe it won't be revival though. Bar said they beat everyone. They haven't faced revival, who haven't been on tv. If it's not revival, maybe an nxt call up like AOP. Not confident on that one though.
    Last edited by Piko; 02-27-2018 at 08:51 PM.