Page 355 of 483 FirstFirst ... 255 305 345 353 354 355 356 357 365 405 455 ... LastLast
Results 10,621 to 10,650 of 14485

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkIcouldburn View Post
    That being said, the only way to get him over at this point is to turn him heel first. That's the most frustrating part.
    In a way he already kinda is. It might be too late at this point. His reactions are dying. They booed him a little then nothing. They literally don't care. I think they might have finally missed that chance to salvage him.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Oh, and joining the WWE Hall of Fame in its celebrity wing is.... Kid Cocksucker.

Couldn't they have chosen the following: Ozzy Osbourne, Cyndi Lauper, Andy Kaufman, & Regis Philbin?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Oh, and joining the WWE Hall of Fame in its celebrity wing is.... Kid Cocksucker.

Couldn't they have chosen the following: Ozzy Osbourne, Cyndi Lauper, Andy Kaufman, & Regis Philbin?
    They announce Kid Rock in his hometown to a round of cheers...NOT. They actually booed him.

I don't get why Cyndi Lauper isn't in it considering how big of a deal her involvement was. Took them forever to indict Mr. T as well though.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    They announce Kid Rock in his hometown to a round of cheers...NOT. They actually booed him.

I don't get why Cyndi Lauper isn't in it considering how big of a deal her involvement was. Took them forever to indict Mr. T as well though.
    And here is someone that isn't inducted but should be as he is responsible for so much in the WWE including the music.... Jim Johnston. That is someone who deserves an induction way more than Kid Cocksucker and the Man Who is Fond of Slapping Nutz. This is easily.... the worst class of the WWE Hall of Fame so far...

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    That Asuka/Bliss segment was cringe. I really don't get why they force her to talk. She shouldn't have to. And it wouldn't be a wwe segment with an Asian wrestler without the racism either. Somehow the worst segments always have Bliss in them.

This was an absolute wreck. Not even Cole knew what was happening. "We gonna get Asuka and mickie...?".

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    And here is someone that isn't inducted but should be as he is responsible for so much in the WWE including the music.... Jim Johnston. That is someone who deserves an induction way more than Kid Cocksucker and the Man Who is Fond of Slapping Nutz. This is easily.... the worst class of the WWE Hall of Fame so far...
    I'm fine with the hall of fame. Kid Rock is a waste though.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Oh and here's some horrible news. The women's battle royale in WrestleMania will be named in honor of..... the Fabulous Moolah. A fucking sex trafficker and pimp.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Oh and here's some horrible news. The women's battle royale in WrestleMania will be named in honor of..... the Fabulous Moolah. A fucking sex trafficker and pimp.
    Yeah that's kind of cringe. I'd say put Mae Young on it. But she has a tourney (if they ever do another one). The casuals probably have no idea what kind of monster Moolah was.

Edit - a lot of people on Twitter are not happy about Moolah at all. They need to change this. It's like putting Jimmy Snuka as a pillar of anti violence against women.
    Last edited by Piko; 03-12-2018 at 09:49 PM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Someone came up with this hashtag on Twitter:
    #MoolahFacilitatedRape

I find this to be absolutely disgusting. Then again, this is WWE as they used someone as deplorable and a known homophobe like the Ultimate Warrior for the humanitarian award. They're going to induct a well-known con artist/wife stealer and a musician who called half of the U.S. as "Dumbfuckistan" So I guess they'll use Chris Benoit as their father of the year award.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Someone came up with this hashtag on Twitter:
    #MoolahFacilitatedRape

I find this to be absolutely disgusting. Then again, this is WWE as they used someone as deplorable and a known homophobe like the Ultimate Warrior for the humanitarian award. They're going to induct a well-known con artist/wife stealer and a musician who called half of the U.S. as "Dumbfuckistan" So I guess they'll use Chris Benoit as their father of the year award.
    Warrior said some bigoted things. He's a saint compared to her.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Warrior said some bigoted things. He's a saint compared to her.
    That is true. Then again, he's a saint compared to many others in the WWE like Meekmahan. I'm sure there's so many things about him that he's hiding.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    terrible that they are naming the match after Moolah. and the fact that they are inducting Trump-loving saying ridiciulous things Kid Rock into the Hall of Fame is also deplorable. but, as I saw in a comment on a wrestling site, WWE is a republican company and they are not shy to show it.

I'm also disgusted that as another poster pointed out, WWE turns to racism with Asuka. they did it once with Bliss, and doing it again? unnecessary.

Reigns is not getting over. he's cut some of his better promos, but even younger or casual fans are realizing they are shoving him down our throats. it comes off as desperate. even my middle school students I teach say the same thing!

the Cena promo was good last night. funny too at times.

I can't...ok, I can..believe how bad the booking is for this Wrestlemania. it's a mess.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    the Cena promo was good last night. funny too at times.
    Cena's gimmick now should be every year for Wrestlemania he calls out a former WWE Superstar for one more match. Flair, Foley, Hogan...

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I'm waiting for the clips and edited videos talking about how Moolah was a trailblazer and how she empowered women with her career. I personally don't see what's so empowering with drugging female trainees and pimping them out while they're attending your wrestling school.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I'm going to share this video for those who don't know about Moolah as there's some things about what she did is just reprehensible.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    The fan backlash to moolah is pretty big and starting to get a lot of traction. If people didn't know about her, they do now. At this point I'm sure they're going to have to change the name.

Few of the girls (Becky, Carmella, etc.) posted how much of a trendsetter she was and blah blah. People are letting them have it. Either they didn't know or they were told to tweet to say good things about her.

It's pretty cool to see so many people be so vocal about it.

Build to mania. Tbh, I think it's been pretty good for the most part. Reigns is cutting some of the best promos of his life (But no one cares), Cena was amazing last night, the Strowman direction is very odd in a haha kind of way. Probably the best build to a mania I've seen in awhile. It feels pretty special.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    They caved. Now it's called Wrestlemania Women's Battle Royal. Not sure why they can't just name it after someone else. I get them not going the Chyna route. But there's so many other options. Sheri, Richter?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    They caved. Now it's called Wrestlemania Women's Battle Royal. Not sure why they can't just name it after someone else. I get them not going the Chyna route. But there's so many other options. Sheri, Richter?
    Money talks apparently. Mars Wrigley, Snickers parent company lodged their disappointment with WWE regarding the name of the match and that seems to have fixed it.

WWE has to come to terms with the fact that wrestlers with drug and mental health problems are part of their history. Yes, exclude Hogan for his racism, Moolah for her sex trafficking and Benoit for... OBVIOUS reasons; but don't exclude those who gave a lot to the business and in return were thrown away like broken toys.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post
    Money talks apparently. Mars Wrigley, Snickers parent company lodged their disappointment with WWE regarding the name of the match and that seems to have fixed it.

WWE has to come to terms with the fact that wrestlers with drug and mental health problems are part of their history. Yes, exclude Hogan for his racism, Moolah for her sex trafficking and Benoit for... OBVIOUS reasons; but don't exclude those who gave a lot to the business and in return were thrown away like broken toys.
    You know it had to have killed them inside to change it. They disabled comments on YouTube. They knew it was an issue and they waited for days, hoping for it to go away, to actually do something about it. Pretty pathetic. Glad the sponsors stepped up. If they hadn't, it probably wouldn't have changed. PR is a bitch.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    After all the women's revolution speech, this Moolah incident is nothing sort of ironic, but all's well if ends well. I disagree with Hogan's exclusion, and luckily, even if slowly, but WWE is cutting back from his absolute banishment, and now not only do they show him, they can even mention him by name. He should be back in a few years.

Or alternatively he dies soon and it hasten up his reinstatement.

You know it had to have killed them inside to change it. They disabled comments on YouTube. They knew it was an issue and they waited for days, hoping for it to go away, to actually do something about it. Pretty pathetic. Glad the sponsors stepped up. If they hadn't, it probably wouldn't have changed. PR is a bitch.

On /r/squaredcircle people encouraged one another to write to the sponsors themselves about their dissatisfaction, and I'm sure others did as well.
    Last edited by Volband; 03-15-2018 at 03:04 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volband View Post
    After all the women's revolution speech, this Moolah incident is nothing sort of ironic, but all's well if ends well. I disagree with Hogan's exclusion, and luckily, even if slowly, but WWE is cutting back from his absolute banishment, and now not only do they show him, they can even mention him by name. He should be back in a few years.

Or alternatively he dies soon and it hasten up his reinstatement.

On /r/squaredcircle people encouraged one another to write to the sponsors themselves about their dissatisfaction, and I'm sure others did as well.
    They did. They were very sincere about it too. Pretty cool thing to see.

It's weird to me how WWE picks and chooses their battles though. Warrior has said some pretty terrible things apparently and they have an award with his name on it that represents probably the opposite of his "philosophy". Hulk said some terrible things but he isn't Moolah bad. They're either that shortsighted or they assume the accusations on moolah are nowhere near as bad as Hulk's racism.

It's puzzling how they could think honoring her in this day was a good idea. And there's actually some people out there defending her. "Well, being a woman back in the day wasn't easy. She might have done what she felt she needed to do.". Yeah, there's some industry people saying that.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    They did. They were very sincere about it too. Pretty cool thing to see.

It's weird to me how WWE picks and chooses their battles though. Warrior has said some pretty terrible things apparently and they have an award with his name on it that represents probably the opposite of his "philosophy". Hulk said some terrible things but he isn't Moolah bad. They're either that shortsighted or they assume the accusations on moolah are nowhere near as bad as Hulk's racism.

It's puzzling how they could think honoring her in this day was a good idea. And there's actually some people out there defending her. "Well, being a woman back in the day wasn't easy. She might have done what she felt she needed to do.". Yeah, there's some industry people saying that.
    The only thing I can think of about Moolah is that she might be the only 80s legend-tier (in their eyes, mind you) women's wrestler, and they wanted someone to match Andre. A Lita Battle Royale would sound kinda lame; I'd rather have it named after some women from the 1950s, than someone still alive.

As for Hogan, it's all about PR. Vince and Hogan owes everything to one another, so it's not like Vince has a vendetta against Hulk, even if he had many reasons to have so. But Hogan's controversy came at a different time and gained immense publicity. It doesn't matter how stupid it is to punish someone for his own private thoughts, if not doing so results in loss of sponsors, then you don't have much choice. Aside from avid Hogan haters, I doubt anyone cares. Black wrestlers came out and say it's whatever, and many more people came out to say that while Hogan was an absolute snake as a wrestling politician, he was a normal guy otherwise, and not some racist bully.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I honestly think they just like the way "Memorial Battle Royal" rolls of the tongue. Seriously. And with the options of deceased female wrestlers, they decided that Moolah was worth the shot. It's poor decision making.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Maybe that'll have an African American tourney and call it the Hulk Hogan Invitational.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Maybe that'll have an African American tourney and call it the Hulk Hogan Invitational.
    What about.... naming the Father of the Year award after Chris Benoit? What about a women's service award named in honor of Jimmy Snuka?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Wouldn't put it past them.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Wouldn't put it past them.
    How about a humanitarian award after El Stupido of the United States of America or a philanthropist honor named after Kathie Lee Gifford?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Stephanie trying to say it was the "WWE Universe" that made them reconsider. BS. It was one of their biggest sponsors to their biggest event of the year that made them change it. As Iron Sheik likes to say, : "money talks and bullshit walks"

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    Stephanie trying to say it was the "WWE Universe" that made them reconsider. BS. It was one of their biggest sponsors to their biggest event of the year that made them change it. As Iron Sheik likes to say, : "money talks and bullshit walks"
    I fucking love the Iron Sheik. I will gladly take a camel clutch from him.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    What she said felt so backhanded. And the fans in a way did have a lot to do with it. They went right for the sponsors. Vince has got to be pissed though. Funny you mention Sheik too. When she tweeted that, I replied with something along the lines of being humble and not taking responsibility for something so stupid. No "we're sorry for the offense this may have caused". Just backhanded PR talk. Glad they got kicked in the ass.