Page 352 of 483 FirstFirst ... 252 302 342 350 351 352 353 354 362 402 452 ... LastLast
Results 10,531 to 10,560 of 14485

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Thing is, Booker is horrible at commentary. So bad that he barely makes sense.

Blame the player, don’t blame the game.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    i think also it will be Cena /Taker, i'm not crazy about that match but if they are indeed bringing Taker back, that's a good match for him to (finally) retire.
    Finally retire?? So that whole dog and pony show last year against Mania was bullshit then? How many fuckin times are they going to drag that slow ass motherfucker back out to the ring for him to retire???

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    That's why i used the word "finally...
    I didn't like his match with Reigns but Wrestlemania 33 was suppossed to be his last; when he left his Taker "stuff" it was a fitting end, but after watching him in the RAW 25 show, i do believe they are going do another Taker match.

He sure is looking slower and more tired but look at his age, i hope the Cena match is just a rumour but i-m pretty sure the WWE will pay him a shitload of money to do one more match, i dont even know why, he needs to rest

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    he needs to rest
    ..innnn peaccccce

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    OH NIN WRESTLING FANS..... DON'T YOU DARE BE SOUR!!!!! IT IS TIME FOR.... A.... NEW EPISODE OF.... BOTCHAMANIA!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Haven't watched it yet. But the last episode of WWE 24 apparently showed Taker in pretty bad shape before he even wrestled. Says he does it for the fans. I'm not one of them. It's not enjoyable to watch him go out there anymore. It's sad to watch. It's long past time. I hope he doesn't wrestle again.

His raw 25 speech was cryptic. Could be perceived as a retirement speech though.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Issue with Balor is that he's bland without the demon. Great worker otherwise. They don't really know how to create stars anymore.

But to be fair, most of the people who became stars (Austin, Hogan, rock, etc.) did most of the work and were fed horrible scripts that they had to memorize. Hogan was already established in AWA before they scooped him up. Austin was already pretty well established in WCW and other places before that. The Rock is one of the few homegrown guys to really succeed. He wasn't scripted. He got comfortable and his charisma and skill did the rest.

Modern day. Braun Strowman is killing it, a homegrown guy. Maybe it's a fluke, but it happened. Somehow, they've managed to do everything right with him. Couldn't do it with Reigns. They shit the bed with Reigns.

They don't really want to create new stars. They're focused with Roman who will likely never be over as a baby face. They're too hung up on the past. Personally, I'd put the new guys and give them that wrestlemania experience. But instead most get much lower profile matches and we get an undertaker who can't even walk to the ring. It's laziness.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Balor doesn't need to be the demon. Anyone who saw him as Prince Devitt in the Bullet Club know how fucking charismatic he is.

Braun is someone I do like. WWE just doesn't really know how to make stars as Meekmahan is so enamored with Roman who will never be the guy.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skullboy0 View Post
    ..innnn peaccccce
    The pun was intended, but thanks for adding, lol

I think they create new stars but they constantly shit the bed with them.
    I think most of it has to do with that stupid 50/50 booking stuff they often do, also they are experts on killing fans expectations.
    Look at a guy like Neville: the guy was over (despite the stupid cape they gave him at the beginning...), he took an irrelevant belt and made it mean something; what des the WWE do? have him lose to Tosawa (who got nothing from this...) and then make him win it back.

That's just one of many examples, but they constantly fuck up or turn their new stars into jobbers (Wyatt, Matt hardy, Apollo Crews...)
    Last edited by henryeatscereal; 02-08-2018 at 01:24 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Apollo Crews is extremely talented. Very lacking in the character department though. He can do cool stuff. But who is he? Just a guy that smiles who can work. That's it. He does nothing to really define himself. That's what's holding him back.

Matt Hardy. I don't think the WWE audience or creative really understand it. Only the smart fans do. That's a problem.

Wyatt. He could've been something special. He's a joke now. Not sure where the fault lies. He cuts incoherent promos and does nothing. His feuds go nowhere and drag too long. It's a shame. But I'm over him. Best thing to do is take him off tv for awhile and hit reset.

Wish Neville came back. Taking the title off him and put it on Enzo was really stupid. Enzo couldn't work. People tuned out because of the watered down cruisers. They didn't want more talking. I don't blame Neville for leaving.. sucks he's probably going to stay in limbo until his deal runs out.

Apparently Vince has zero to do with 205 anymore. All Triple H now. Went and watched one earlier. There's definitely a difference. Not sure if I'll stick with it. But I'll give it another shot.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I think Apollo had potential, the WWE never gave him a gimmick and jumped him too soon, he's the kind of guy that needed to be in NXT another year...

Broken Matt needs to bring back all the things that made him great like Señor Benjamin, Vanguard 1, King Maxel, etc... not just do the laugh without wins.

Wyatt is a victim of bad booking, as many say; after his defeat against Cena at Wrestlemania, he never recovered

I heard god things about the "new" 205 Live, but i don't think i'll watch, it's far too much wrestling for me every week, i can barely watch RAW as it is (and regret it every time...)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Yeah, i heard the shoot, i like Booker but i can understand Corey

Looks like we all got worked. Good on ya, fellas: https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/20...raw-announcers

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    This weekend was INSANE.

Friday: I was BACK on IPPV and opened the show with a veteran of the ring, Tracy Smothers, and got my first win within the company, IMMEDIATELY following my win, this happened: https://i.imgur.com/N8XtVlu.jpg !!!

THEN on the same show, I filled in for the legendary Warlord who couldn't make the show and I teamed with The Barbarian and our unofficial tag team name is "The Powers of Flame"...AND I got paid pretty well!

Saturday: I made my return to my home company after being MIA since JULY (and before that, the last time I was there was April) They welcomed me home with open arms, both wrestlers, management, and the fans..and I had one of my best matches. The fans were LOUD..I'll DEFINITELY be sharing that one!

Sunday: I made an appearance at the company where I just turned heel last month. So it was the debut of my heel character..without giving much away, I'm going to try to post the video for you guys..I didn't wrestle, but just established the character.

life is good.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfocalinx View Post
    This weekend was INSANE.

Friday: I was BACK on IPPV and opened the show with a veteran of the ring, Tracy Smothers, and got my first win within the company, IMMEDIATELY following my win, this happened: https://i.imgur.com/N8XtVlu.jpg !!!

THEN on the same show, I filled in for the legendary Warlord who couldn't make the show and I teamed with The Barbarian and our unofficial tag team name is "The Powers of Flame"...AND I got paid pretty well!

Saturday: I made my return to my home company after being MIA since JULY (and before that, the last time I was there was April) They welcomed me home with open arms, both wrestlers, management, and the fans..and I had one of my best matches. The fans were LOUD..I'll DEFINITELY be sharing that one!

Sunday: I made an appearance at the company where I just turned heel last month. So it was the debut of my heel character..without giving much away, I'm going to try to post the video for you guys..I didn't wrestle, but just established the character.

life is good.
    Fucking awesome!

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Congrats dude

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Very cool to hear. Movin’ on up!

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Very cool to hear. Movin’ on up!

Trying, man!

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Sorry for the double post, Here's some of my videos for the weekend in order they occurred.

Friday:

Myself vs Tracy Smothers:

(he cut a promo for 4 minutes before the show aired on IPPV..so the show literally started with him in the ring and me interrupting NEAT idea.)

The Powers of Flame (myself and The Barbarian) vs Stateline:

Saturday:

Here's my RETURN to my home fed match *REALLY LIKED THIS ONE* :

Sunday:

Came out to address why I turned heel after my buried alive match, Debuting a new attitude and look... but don't get your hopes up on the explanation

Last edited by xfocalinx; 02-12-2018 at 11:02 PM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Annnd, the check I was paid with on Friday bounced. Groovy. No worries though, whats done is done.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Rich Swann has been released. Kind of odd, since he was cleared of all charges. Usually, WWE lets the issue die once the person in question is cleared.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Rich Swann has been released. Kind of odd, since he was cleared of all charges. Usually, WWE lets the issue die once the person in question is cleared.
    Maybe both WWE and him got into an agreement, Cruisers future doesn't look too bright anyway and Swann lost some important TV time, so i guess the WWE thought i was better to cut him...

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    The Man Who is Fond of Slapping Nutz is going to the WWE Hall of Fame: https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/20...ass-2018-strut

I don't give a fuck who you are. That asshole is a bum. Good in the ring, decent on the mic but nothing really special. He is a fucking con artist that conned his way into making Meekmahan pay a shitload of money. Conned the WCW into making him the world champ at a time when the company was losing a shitload of money. He claimed to be a big deal and claimed to draw more money than Hogan which is such bullshit as he never drew a fucking dime.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I like Jeff, Jeff has always been nice to me. That's all I base on my likes/dislikes. Don't care if it's an unpopular decision.

very happy for him.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    I don’t like him. Never have. He sealed the deal when he played HHH in TNA (holding better talent down and tainting the world title) from its inception to the also ill fated Hogan/Bischoff era. He is a low mid card guy at best.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I don’t like him. Never have. He sealed the deal when he played HHH in TNA (holding better talent down and tainting the world title) from its inception to the also ill fated Hogan/Bischoff era. He is a low mid card guy at best.
    Completely understandable.. in hindsight, I loved his world title hogging, as it made aj styles a dude for dethroneing him (if I recall correctly) it was just done at the wrong time as HHH was doing the same thing.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I've always liked Jarrett and in my opinion he deserves to be in the HOF (Certainly he deserves it more than Drew Carey...)

I guess he's a "guilty pleasure" but i do considered him a great heel and IC Champ, that's more than enough still i'm shocked that McMahon wants him there after firing him on live television.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    People seem to love to hate on WWF circa 95/96, but for me, those were the years I was into it the most.

Anyways, I was watching Summerslam 96 and towards the end of the main event, there is a shot of Jim Cornett and right behind him is a dude wearing the salt trails/teeth TDS shirt and the guy next to him had the Further Down the Spiral 1995 shirt on. (nin spotting 21 years late).

Earlier there was a kid with the classic Marilyn Manson blue TV face shirt too.

Just something kinda cool about spotting stuff you have in your own closet (I have all 3 of those).

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I love the whole 97-98 era (that's when i really started to watch the WWE as a "serious fan"), but i also have fond memories of the previous years.

At that moment i used to watch Lucha libre mostly, but i would switch the channels and i liked that era, mostly guys like Bret, Goldust and The Undertaker.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    two things,

1. Your boy got a booking for a show during wrestlemania weekend..meaning I'll be wrestling in New Orleans!

2. ANOTHER HUGE opportunity may be festering, cross your fingers for me!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfocalinx View Post
    two things,

1. Your boy got a booking for a show during wrestlemania weekend..meaning I'll be wrestling in New Orleans!

2. ANOTHER HUGE opportunity may be festering, cross your fingers for me!
    YAY!!!!! Maybe you get signed to NXT.