Page 277 of 485 FirstFirst ... 177 227 267 275 276 277 278 279 287 327 377 ... LastLast
Results 8,281 to 8,310 of 14528

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Looks like Apollo Crews got the call up.
    And I read that Shane got control of RAW.... huh?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Been reading/following Cageside's live blog. Interesting. ALMOST went to our community's club house to watch (as we're cable cutters and don't have access to the live show otherwise), then saw it was raining and didn't want to walk the 150 yards.

Much like any other Raw, I'll get the gist of the episode from watching the highlight clips on YouTube tomorrow a.m. before work.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    And I read that Shane got control of RAW.... huh?
    Yeah, but so far he's just booked a main event. Not much else, yet. New IC Champion, btw. Miz won it with help from his wife.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    To me every WrestleMania XIV-XIX was gold. XX onwards they got iffy and quality declined.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Vaudevillains on smackdown...no Enzo and Cass. Guess we need another jobber tag team. Doesn't seem like we're getting Bayley either. So now I kinda wonder what the point is for Charlotte winning. I really thought her winning was going to lead into something. Apparently, I was wrong.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    It's WWE. There's no logic. Besides, I'm thinking about deleting Cageside as part of my bookmarks despite the fact that they tend to agree with what I often think of things despite Geno's crazed obsession towards Allbotcheverything.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    ...no Enzo and Cass...
    You were saying?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warped_Savant View Post
    You were saying?
    Spoke too soon. Guess they're feeding AJ to Reigns though. Cool to see Cesaro back. Wasn't a bad raw. Far from a great one like most post mania ones are.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Spoke too soon. Guess they're feeding AJ to Reigns though. Cool to see Cesaro back. Wasn't a bad raw. Far from a great one like most post mania ones are.
    Yeah... I don't really understand about AJ...
    Great to see a bunch of the NXT guys come up (too bad Bayley hasn't yet). Matches were mostly meh, except for the last one. Oh, and Corbin v Mr. Ziggles was worth paying attention to.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Finally home. Mania weekend was amazing. Got to hang out with my CZW friends. SO EXHAUSTED.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    The good news is those Green Jersey Shore douches won't be on NXT anymore. The bad news/good news depending on how he's used is Apollo Crews is on the main roster.
    Welcome back, Cesaro! Congrats to The Miz, who gets a lot of unearned hate from the Internet.

Bonus: Looks like we are FINALLY going to get a proper Owens/Zayn WWE feud!

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Bonus: Looks like we are FINALLY going to get a proper Owens/Zayn WWE feud!
    Looking forward to this!

Apparently Kota Ibushi has signed with the WWE

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Looking forward to this!

Apparently Kota Ibushi has signed with the WWE
    Seems like it! Nakamura/Ibushi in NXT will destroy. They work so well together.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    ...and with that feud the WWE just became New Japan Wrestling, lol

I just feel bad for Kenta (Hideo Itami), it's been almost a year since his injury and the guy doesn't seem to be having any progress, what a shame!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    So, should I keep or delete Cageside in my bookmarks? Anyone? I've already deleted WrestleZone as I just can't stand the people who comment there as well as those cum-fucks in Jizzenberg and Babar.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    So, should I keep or delete Cageside in my bookmarks? Anyone? I've already deleted WrestleZone as I just can't stand the people who comment there as well as those cum-fucks in Jizzenberg and Babar.
    Wrestlezone, yes. They're possibly the worst. I go every now and then out of habit. Nick paglino is the worst thing on that site and he's the chief editor, I think. Paglino is a nutshell: copy and paste an article or something from Meltzer, then repost and reword the same article multiple times for clickbait. It's terrible.

Can't say much for cageside. What would you consider the better sited out there? Part of me wants to get away from dirt sheets entirely and not know anything about signings or who may or may not be backstage during raw. I dunno...

Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    ...and with that feud the WWE just became New Japan Wrestling, lol

I just feel bad for Kenta (Hideo Itami), it's been almost a year since his injury and the guy doesn't seem to be having any progress, what a shame!
    I know, right? Read somewhere that Itami might not be out much longer according to Funaki. So, hopefully we see him back in the next few months. Itami would probably feel right at home with Nakamura and Ibushi.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    You seem to do nothing but complain about the product so why pay it any attention at all?

Unless, you know, you enjoy spending any of your time on things that you seem to get upset about that is incredibly easy to avoid.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warped_Savant View Post
    You seem to do nothing but complain about the product so why pay it any attention at all?

Unless, you know, you enjoy spending any of your time on things that you seem to get upset about that is incredibly easy to avoid.
    Well, I think you're right. Bye Cageside, it was nice knowing you. I'll just watch ROH TV and just pretend nothing is happening behind the scenes.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Had to call off wrestling practice tonight, unfortunately. I jammed up my knee on the car ride down to texas, then went to a concert yesterday and my back is killing me. I've got a match on saturday, possibly one on sunday, I'd like to not be DEAD for those.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Dave Metzler was right. I knew it. Only around 97k showed up. Not 101k. Typical. OK, bye WWE. Go fuck yourselves.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Dave Metzler was right. I knew it. Only around 97k showed up. Not 101k. Typical. OK, bye WWE. Go fuck yourselves.
    they've always inflated the numbers.

also, had to make a new facebook account, add me, everybody!! www.facebook.com/xshawnxphoenix

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Nothing new. They still beat their attendance record though.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    True. I await the day when some company will come on and finally give the WWE some competition. If I ever do make it in films and find myself be very rich, I'll do whatever I can to make a wrestling company successful and put the WWE on its knees.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Good luck. I don't think we'll ever get another big company like WCW again. Just have to factor in all of the indy feds as THE competition. It's tough to get a promotion started, let alone be successful enough to get big enough to compete with the WWE machine. TNA had many chances and blew it. I don't see another company coming close like that again, or at least not for a very long time.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Yeah but it's one of many impossible dreams I have though I think one of things I would like to do as a filmmaker is make a feature film about pro wrestling as well as some docs on the culture itself, outside of the WWE. It plays into my own ideas of what I want to do as I'm about the outsiders and those that don't want to be part of the mainstream.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I would love to see some REAL competition for the WWE...

WCW's success pushed the WWE into the Attitude era that made them reinvent themselves.
    The WWE knows their product it's crap but people will watch anyway, that's the sad truth.
    I would welcome a new company with presence and fresh ideas, i don't think it will happen again though, we live in a very different era and the popularity of wrestling is fading.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    And Jeff Jarrett says there's a revival yet he couldn't find a fucking network to carry his lame promotion. I think the man is seriously mentally ill.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    And Jeff Jarrett says there's a revival yet he couldn't find a fucking network to carry his lame promotion. I think the man is seriously mentally ill.
    I don't hate Jattett, the guy gets tons of shit at the internet and most wrestling fans consider him a joke, but i do find him talented and i recognize that the original TNA (pre Dixie), was his vision and he's responsible for giving many talent like Bobby Roode, James Storm, AJ Styles and Kaz their first chances to shine.
    I believe JJ has made more good than harm to wrestling!

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I have never liked Jarrett but didn't hate him until he decided it was a good idea for him to be TNA world champion for most of 3 years (AJ Styles had a run or two in between). That's some Triple H level abuse of power.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Kind of a bummer GFW hasn't been able to get a tv deal. It's difficult. If it did, it would probably be what TNA used to be (glory days). I am skeptical though. As beloved as his period with TNA was, it got bad enough (financially) that they had to sell the majority shares to the carter's (beginning of the end).