Page 245 of 483 FirstFirst ... 145 195 235 243 244 245 246 247 255 295 345 ... LastLast
Results 7,321 to 7,350 of 14485

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I got the feeling it's gonna be Cena/Taker at WM (either for the title or just a regular match), Reigns will probably face a heel Ambrose or Sheamus, there's not much opponents that can make him "shine", if they try to do a rematch with Lesnar people will turn on him again.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Cesaro out for 4-6 months... just went it seems like they might finally push him, this happens. Fuck.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    You know something, it's been since the night after WrestleMania since I last saw almost an entire episode of RAW and I hadn't watched it since then. I would only watch clips of it on YouTube just to see some of the highlights as it's becoming rare at the moment to see something good that doesn't involve the New Day or Cesaro. I'm just wondering. How in the hell can people who are WWE fans can just take this shit? Are they really going to accept WWE's mentality of "we give you this and you will like it" bullshit? Plus, I keep hearing about how dead the crowd was last night and as someone that is from the ATL, I do apologize for that audience,. I just wonder... what is the point of paying money to go to these events and not give out any kind of reactions or anything in general? What is wrong with these people? Do they want more of Vince's bullshit and like it? I don't think I can take anyone who is a WWE fan seriously anymore. I'm just glad there's Ring of Honor which I watch every Sunday morning as they know what they are and I can at least enjoy it because they just provide something simple which is wrestling and that is it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    You know something, it's been since the night after WrestleMania since I last saw almost an entire episode of RAW and I hadn't watched it since then. I would only watch clips of it on YouTube just to see some of the highlights as it's becoming rare at the moment to see something good that doesn't involve the New Day or Cesaro. I'm just wondering. How in the hell can people who are WWE fans can just take this shit? Are they really going to accept WWE's mentality of "we give you this and you will like it" bullshit? Plus, I keep hearing about how dead the crowd was last night and as someone that is from the ATL, I do apologize for that audience,. I just wonder... what is the point of paying money to go to these events and not give out any kind of reactions or anything in general? What is wrong with these people? Do they want more of Vince's bullshit and like it? I don't think I can take anyone who is a WWE fan seriously anymore. I'm just glad there's Ring of Honor which I watch every Sunday morning as they know what they are and I can at least enjoy it because they just provide something simple which is wrestling and that is it.
    "Boy, did that suck....." is the new "Kick ass! That was awesome!" in the 'E.

I think it just comes down to the fact that they can shell out shitty ppvs every month cause they have the leverage of the majority of people watching via the network. And while there probably are a lot of people who think the current product is total bullshit, myself included, they feel its still worth shelling out 10 bones a month for all the old programming and lingering speck of hope that won't die that something cool might actually happen on a new ppv.

This was seriously the lamest "ppv", or sorry, "event", in recent memory. Everything went the safe route with no edge whatsoever, matches weren't great, outcomes were totally predictable. Fuckin' snoozefest. I was hoping the divas title match would at least have a little bite behind it based on the controversy last week, but they acted like it didn't even happen.

Yeah, I don't know who the fuck buys tickets to these events, anymore. I'd rather flush $70 down the toilet, at least then I wouldn't have to leave the house. Maybe the people in the crowd are holograms these days. But then if that were the case, you'd think they could program the kind of reactions they want.

Detroit-ish Area Bacon Taste: Deliciously Maple
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Survivor Series was a testament to how big a star Seth Rollins, John Cena and Cesaro are.

The actual matches, save for the divas match and the 5v5 survivor series match were good matches, in my eyes. The real gripe was how flat everything seemed. Reigns got a BIG pop when he speared Trips, and an even BIGGER pop when he kicked outta brogue kick #1.

Ziggler v Breeze was match of the night in my book, because I love both guys.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Here's what Road Dogg has to say to those who didn't like the ppv last night:

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/6454...ha-underground

That's the problem. They don't care and are absolute dicks about it. "ok, go watch roh and lucha underground then". Ratings are in the shitter and he has the balls to say that. Then says "you'll be back".

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Can anyone point me to a forum where fans are legit talking about how they really enjoy the current product? Who are these people?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Good luck finding that. Maybe a kid forum or something.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Fuck Chode Hogg. Seriously he's never been good and had one promo he just repeated over and over. Bet he loves Enzo.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Boy, he has become a corporate kiss-ass as of late. I wonder if he is part of Triple H's Kiss-My-Ass club. Maybe that's why he still has a job.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    As terrible as he is, Road Dogg has a point: Neilsen ratings are not as important as they used to be (though they're still near the top of the ratings on USA Network) and the Network is doing pretty damn well.

They don't HAVE TO put out a compelling story; as the fellas at Ring Rust Radio said last week: this program (RAW) is a kid's program. I'll go further and add that the kid's program is produced by a company who care more about getting kids stoked on buying a Roman Reigns action figure than keeping said market's interest engaged in a meaningful story.

As for the wrestling itself, I'd say that most of the ring work is pretty solid from top to the bottom of the card but I am tending to agree with JR and some of the other veterans of the business that say there are too many two counts from big power moves and there are no finishers any more in the business.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    My issue with it was how arrogant he came off. Might well have just said "lol too bad". But, you're right. They're making their money from merch and filling arenas, which they have no problem doing. When it comes to television, they give zero fucks. At this point, they can get away with a shitty tv product, and just shrug it off. It's sad.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I don't understand this company's obsession with Sheamus. Does he sell merch? Do they take the chants at him as meaning that people want to see him?

He's so fucking boring. So, so, so fucking boring. I don't give a fuck, I wanted Reigns to keep the title. I don't give a fuck about how boring people think he is, or how he has no charisma, or whatever the fuck. He wrestles better than Ambrose does now and I don't want to immediately change the channel when I see him on TV like I do with Sheamus. Forget the 100% predictability of this entire show (which was total shit), the fact that Sheamus is the top heel on this product is a god damn travesty. Fucking garbage. Sheamus has been shit ever since he debuted and he has never earned an ounce of what he's been given. He's boring as fuck, his only worthwhile trait is that he hits hard, he has no character beyond being some dumb fuck with a shitty mohawk, no one ever wants to see him nor do they give a fuck when he inevitably shows up, and the ratings will tank with him at the top, mark my words. Would they tank with Reigns at the top? They would take a hit from all the smarks that have a rage-boner over him, sure. But Sheamus is cancer, and I won't put up with him being champion. Fuck that. No Network, no nothing. I'll pirate NXT. I'll watch Lucha Underground and love it because they give a fuck about consistency and storylines. This company is a disaster and the rash of injuries has completely exposed their utter incompetence and inability to write for anyone but the top five guys. Fuck it.

Fuck Sheamus and fuck WWE. This company will burn before it ever understands.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    You know what I would like to see. That long-awaited match between Sheamus and Daniel Bryan. Something that I'm sure Vince wants. Well, let's give it to him. Bryan makes his return by costing Sheamus the WWE title and wants revenge while Bryan calls him nothing more than Triple H's Irish bitch. Their match would be shorter than the one they had at WrestleMania XXVIII. How? Well, Bryan starts to have issues with the Authority and everything else as he arrives to the ring not wearing wrestling gear and not doing his "Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes" thing. He's wearing regular clothes and that is it while Sheamus gets a big entrance. Just as the match is about to begin, Bryan hits Sheamus in the head with hammer and knocks him out. He then covers Sheamus and mocks a pin-count on him where he tells WWE that the beginning of the end has now begun.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by perceptionnexus View Post
    Can anyone point me to a forum where fans are legit talking about how they really enjoy the current product? Who are these people?
    fuck off. maybe there's a forum on the wwe site? i would say the fellas here enjoy the WRESTLERS and the WRESTLING and not the PRODUCT. if you enjoy the current PRODUCT you're either 12 or have no clue about WRESTLING.

*i just realized you were being sarcastic...sorry. i've been drinking:/
    Last edited by ldopa; 11-23-2015 at 09:56 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    A lot of people are pissed about Sheamus. I'm alright with it. A heel with actual heat over a robot incapable of portraying character. I'll take Sheamus. I was disappointed that we only got a 10 minute final match with a lame ending. An extremely lackluster 25th anniversary for the undertaker. You would think they would've put more thought into that. All we get was a house show quality tag match? Fuck that. The show was fine, otherwise. We got a good divas match. Ambrose and Owens was good. So, I'm not on the bandwagon on saying the show sucked. But, I was extremely disappointed with the parts I mentioned.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ldopa View Post
    fuck off. maybe there's a forum on the wwe site? i would say the fellas here enjoy the WRESTLERS and the WRESTLING and not the PRODUCT. if you enjoy the current PRODUCT you're either 12 or have no clue about WRESTLING.

*i just realized you were being sarcastic...sorry. i've been drinking:/

lol it's all good. I felt like I needed a drink or 12 fast forwarding my dvr through raw. Even the 30 minutes I spent doing that felt unbearable. Except for The New Day segment, which was good as always.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Rumor is that Reigns was to win against Rollins. Whether or not a cash in was involved is unknown. But, they apparently chose for a cash in at the last minute. Probably knew what kind of reaction it would get. Sheamus can handle the heat. Reigns isn't over enough for then to do it, yet.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    ROH is awesome. I've been to several of their shows at Hammerstein and shit is bangin' everytime. Ever notice how the WWE takes their top guys that ROH has spent years building up, and then they all get injured (Rollins, Cesaro, Bryan, Zayn) or, in Punk's case, quit altogether? I'm SO glad Mike Bennett balked on that WWE deal a few years back. That guy is a future ROH champion. And Jay Lethal is doing his best work ever right now.

My only problem with ROH is that they fail to capitalize on so many free agents out there. They should have jumped on guys like David Hart Smith, Drew McIntyre, Cody Hall, John Morrison and Jake Carter the moment they got their WWE walking papers. Instead, they bring in guys like Stevie Richards, Del Rio and Evan Bourne?

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Well, PWG and Evolve will get one of their best back. Solomon Crowe, soon to be Sami Callihan once more, requested and got his release. It's good news overall. They weren't letting him do what he does so well anyway.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    And RAW hits a 2.16 rating..... and here are 99 reasons why RAW sucks: http://www.cagesideseats.com/2015/11...atings-are-one

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    Evan Bourne?
    Matt Sydal is AWESOME. Every show I've seen him at, he gets a huge pop and is incredibly over with the live ROH crowd. His work is tight and crisp, and that SSP is a thing of beauty. I'm glad they brought him back after he healed up after WWE released him. His recent best of 5 with ACH was great.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Sydal is easily one of the best things in roh.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I like watching Sydal at ROH and his matches with ACH are amazing.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    And he's been killing it as of late in NJPW as well. And speaking of NJPW. Apparently, we might get Lethal/Elgin at Wk10.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    And he's been killing it as of late in NJPW as well. And speaking of NJPW. Apparently, we might get Lethal/Elgin at Wk10.
    Oh, that I would totally want to see.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'm all for it. Shame that WK10 feels recycled though. Okada/Tanahashi will be good. But, we got that last year. Looks like another Shibata/Naito match as well. Should be a good show though.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Man, I miss when Sydal was in WWE with Kofi and they were the tag team champs. What a great team. Not exactly the same gimmick (well, mostly not), not a near identical look, just two guys with similar styles that worked well together, but could maintain separate identities at the same time. Those are my favorite kinds of teams. Cesaro and Kidd were a lot like that, though they were slapped together a lot more haphazardly than Bourne and Kofi were.

I still don't watch ROH regularly. I don't know why - I feel like it's too hard to catch onto the storylines they're telling because the weekly show is only an hour long, so they're not always the same stories every week. I get that the wrestling is the primary appeal of ROH, and the product is usually great, I just like having some substance behind the matches, particularly with a weekly product. PWG can get away with no storylines and loosely structured feuds because they don't run every week or even every month. Different expectations. On that note, I can't wait for Lucha Underground to come back. This season's going to be great.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fifey View Post
    Matt Sydal is AWESOME. Every show I've seen him at, he gets a huge pop and is incredibly over with the live ROH crowd. His work is tight and crisp, and that SSP is a thing of beauty. I'm glad they brought him back after he healed up after WWE released him. His recent best of 5 with ACH was great.
    Duly noted. I just wish they'd do more with the guy. Did Roderick Strong really need another television title run? ACH or Sydal could have made for a much more compelling champion

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I don't think they'll ever put the tag titles again on the Dudleys, they are there essentially to put over young talent and probably get their HOF induction after they retire.
    In a way it's sad because Buh Buh began his solo career as "Bully Ray" in TNA and he showed lots of charisma and character, thing that he can't show while being in the Dudleys, i don't consider him championship material but he's a good midcard/ upper midcard kind of guy, he deserves better.