Page 224 of 486 FirstFirst ... 124 174 214 222 223 224 225 226 234 274 324 ... LastLast
Results 6,691 to 6,720 of 14557

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Yeah, most likely they are going to make him job again, the WWE loves to piss on the WCW, it reminds me the promo Vince Mcmahon did when he bought the WCW (back in 2001...)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    No way Rollins is dropping the title. If I had to guess, someone will get involved (possibly Kane?). I just hope they can keep up their momentum during the fall season. The product is usually awful by this time of the year.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Glad I didn't catch any spoilers or last night's Raw. Made for a fun 3 hours.
    The Dudleys and Sting were awesome.
    Who do you think joins Ambrose and Reigns?
    It was sad to see a match with Becky and Charlotte in it get shit on pretty hard.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Pretty good show aside from the divas match. The crowd ruined that match.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Pretty good show aside from the divas match. The crowd ruined that match.
    Brie Bella definitely said something in response and told Brooklyn to kiss her ass.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Personally, I tired of tag matches. So maybe that's what happened. Either way, you spend all this time talking about a change in the division, and when you finally get something, you shit on it.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Brie Bella definitely said something in response and told Brooklyn to kiss her ass.
    Must have been bad enough to keep that match out of the Hulu broadcast.

The John Stewart segment was great though. Hell, even the Paul Heyman promo at the start was fantastic.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Just read this, and wow. Seemed rather spot-on. Bravo, Vice Sports.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Must have been bad enough to keep that match out of the Hulu broadcast.

The Jon Stewart segment was great though. Hell, even the Paul Heyman promo at the start was fantastic.
    Well, I also heard some things that Nikki Bella had said which didn't just kill this whole Diva's Revolution but also raised a lot of questions into why she's still the Diva's Champion as rumor has it that John Cena is the one that is making sure she is holding that title. She said that no one cares about these new girls and such yet fans were chanting for Sasha Banks last night.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    They're holding the new girls down with these tag matches. Nikki never defends the title (2-3 months?). How are you supposed to elevate a division with just tag matches. I know they can put on a show. Why won't they let them?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    They're on autopilot until Nikki hits 300. It's such fucking garbage. The worst part is that you know they're going to take the belt off that bitch immediately at Night of Champions, which will just confirm that they wanted to have her coast through her reign to give AJ the big finger. Stupid.

This movement fell apart really hard. It's ridiculous how much damage they've done to the division. It's going to take a long time to recover from this, and recovery will only start once the Bellas and Alicia Fox are out. I used to defend Nikki's wrestling because she'd improved a lot, but they're not giving her anything to work with, so her matches have dropped off a damn cliff in quality.

And if that John Cena rumor is true, hoo boy. Fucking scumbag.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    What's wrong with Fox? The politics are mostly centered around Nikki. As long as the bellas are around, there may be no real progression in the division.

And yeah, it's pretty shitty of Cena. Not the first time either. Happened with Mickey James as well. Dated Cena, got a big push out of it, and when they broke up, the push went away.
    Last edited by Piko; 08-26-2015 at 08:16 AM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Alicia Fox is lame, she isn't terrible in the ring, but nothing great either and she has no gimmick, she looks out of place even with the Bellas.
    I agree that the progression will come when they take off the belt of Nikki, i think Charlotte is the safe bet, but now that Sasha has lost the NXT strap, she needs something to stand out and not get lost in the mix of B.A.D.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Fox does seem out of place with the bellas. But, I do find her completely underrated. As for Sasha. A title reign but nice. But, does she really need one? She's already over. A title reign would help some. But, I don't think she's in a position where she needs the title to get over. She could, on the other hand, put the title over (which needs to happen once the finally take the belt off Nikki). I see them going with Charlotte, because she needs it more.

As long as they can still use Sasha prominently, all is well. If they cant, and they're still incapable of booking divas, then yeah, but the belt on Sasha.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I was checking the statistics and Nikki's reign is the second longest one ever, (first AJ). It was interesting to see people like Eve Torres (pretty forgettable reign in my opinion...) and Maryse among the "top-players", and real wrestlers like Beth Phoenix or Natalya almost at the bottom...

The problem with the women's division has been constant, now i see why they have this long reigns with mediocre valets, there's a mix of lack of talent and terrible booking, you don't need a long reign for it to be memorable, Lita's reigns were short but many and she was over, Trish had long reigns but she had lots of talent and charisma (and great opponents like Mickey James).
    I think this could be the beginning of a new golden age for the women's division but they really need to stop favoring the valets and think more of wrestling and luckily Charlotte, Sasha and Becky have the talent and the charisma, it's a no brainer really...

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    There's definitely going to be a transition period. You can't just change everything in one go. So maybe we need to be patient about it. But there's definitely some red flags.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Yeah I truly don't understand why they're not letting them all wrestle individually. Sasha had the best match of the weekend at NXT, and the next night she BARELY performed in that lame ass tag team elimination mess. Women wrestlers will never get taken seriously with Vince and Co being so stubbornly male driven. I'm just forever waiting for the first WWE PPV that is main evented by two women.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Fox is shit, that's what's wrong with her. There's this circlejerk on the wrestling subreddit about her just because her northern lights suplex is good. One move. She can literally do one move right. Her scissor kick is shit, her selling is shit, her mannerisms are shit, everythign else about her is trash and she's been in the WWE for too long. I can't stand her and I can't stand this idea that she's somehow one of the best women in the division when Natalya can wrestle circles around her even in unchoreographed matches.

When this angle is over I never want to see Alicia fucking Fox on my television ever again.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Her suplex is impressive, i'll give her that, sadly this doesn't translate in great matches, she reminds me of Billy Kidman (boring personality, boring matches, nonexistent mic skills) but DAMN what an awesome shooting star press...
    I don't hate her and i rather have her as champ than Nikki Bella, but that would be terrible because her character is so lame.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I like the New Day more and more every time I see them:

Michael Cole - not so much.

Detroit-ish Area Bacon Taste: Deliciously Maple
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Every time I see Enzo and Big Cass, I mark out like a 10 year old.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Eva Marie or Carmella? I can't tell who is worse. "Blue Pants" chant was perfect.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Eva Marie or Carmella? I can't tell who is worse. "Blue Pants" chant was perfect.
    Eva Marie. Carmella tried what she could to salvage it, but no. Where's all that training? Has no one taught her how to sell? I really had hopse that Eva could turn it around and prove people wrong. That's not going to happen.

People really hate on Dana Brooke, alot. She's not great. But, she has a ton of potential, imo. Her accent is weird. But, compared to Eva Marie, I can see her getting better and really going somewhere.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Dana Brooke has picked up more than Eva Marie has, I think. She has a better understanding of what works. She's the kind of wrestler that the company needs - someone home-grown that will last a long time and make an impact. I think she can do it.

I'm really disappointed in Eva's wrestling. I always thought that, if she had more than two months of training under her belt, she'd be able to do well. But her matches are in slow motion and they're a chore to watch. That's not a good sign.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I knew that red-headed cum-dumpster was going to suck. She can get the best trainers in the world and she still can't do shit. She can't sell, she doesn't know any holds, and even botches her own finishing move. I even heard she botched herself getting pinned. Who does that shit? And this is what Vince and Kevin Dunn want to be the face of the Divas division at NXT? They can fuck off.

BTW, that New Day thing is fucking hilarious. I feel the power of positivity. I love those guys now. They're great.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Just for the record: The New day is awesome!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Xavier with the trombone KILLED IT! Not sure if they can be legit heels now. Not sure if they can get legit heat now. They're crazy over.

Maybe Eva can manage. In-ring, there's no hope there. Has no one taken her to the side to tell her about her selling and lack of character? Does she even want to be there? To me, she trained to learn the basics and the moves. But, she has zero passion in what she's doing out there. Just halfassing it and going through the motions. It's pathetic, and she doesn't deserve the tv time.

A year from now, I see Brooke getting a lot better than she is now. She's still very green. But as time goes on, I think she's going to be a legit contender on the main roster. That is, if the divas can get consistent booking.

Kinda felt bad for Carmella. Because while Eva was halfassing that arm hold, she was doing her best to sell it (still fell flat). Carmella is no vet, but she got the short end on that one as well.
    Last edited by Piko; 08-26-2015 at 10:59 PM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Carmella's improved a ton since she debuted. I like that she can function independently of Enzo and Cass, and she's developed a lot of personality in the ring. She works better as a babyface than she did squashing fan favorites with her weirdly elaborate submission. She was great in that match and carried Eva Marie the entire time.

I did forget how gross Dana looks, though. I know that's petty and shallow, but good lord, I can't stand her face. Works well for her, but Jesus.

In any case, I'm glad that I have consistent Internet to watch NXT regularly again. This episode was good - way too long, too much Takeover filler, but still good. Can't wait to see the start of the Tag Classic next week - that's going to be the best over the next couple of months.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Seemed like they botched the finish of that four way. Apparently, Dana was supposed to break the count, but didn't. Refs wre instructed to not stop the count for any reason. So I wonder if Emma was supposed to win or not. Cool she won though.

Not looking forward to the tag tournament. Probably thank wwe for this, but I have almost no interest in tag matches anymore. Same goes for NJPW, who have a shit ton of them. I'm tired of them and really want less of them. A tournament isn't going to change that for me, most likely.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Since we have been discussing divas most of the page (don't get me wrong, it think it's awesome); what's your opinion of "Blue Pants", i think she's ok in the ring but has the dumbest gimmick ever.