Page 13 of 485 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 ... LastLast

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Guessing he hasn't regained consciousness?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Guessing he hasn't regained consciousness?
    I'm inclined to agree as nothing has ever been stated of that fact.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    And there may be a good chance of no brain damage I think. Not long after they carted him off, Cole said he was breathing on his own, so his brain might be OK.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    This was posted a few hours ago

Jerry Lawler update from his son Brian Christopher: "Ok, here’s the latest real update. Lauren and I are here at the hospital in Montreal. He does not look good at all. He is responsive to questions that he is asked which is very good. His sedation and breathing support are being lowered slowly right now. He was shocked a total of 7 times at the arena and underwent a balloon stint to open up a clogged artery when he arrived at hospital. Everyone out there needs to say a special prayer for his brain at this point, please. Tests on his brain will not be available until the morning. One of us two will keep all you guys informed as we know more"

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Though the Invasion angle went bust, the ending was GLORIOUS for this very reason.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post

Though the Invasion angle went bust, the ending was GLORIOUS for this very reason.
    I like Heyman a lot but i loved this also, JR and King are the true WWE announcers (Still i love the spanish announcers for obvious reasons, hate the new guy they hired, another Cole)
    The Invasion angle... man, what a wasted opportunity! still i loved the RVD vs Jeff Hardy matches:

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'm a heyman guy. I prefer him as a manager though. Best manager since Heenan IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My favorite manager will always be Jimmy Hart, with a close second going to Paul Bearer

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    There's only one great manager in the history of professional wrestling...

Bobby "The Brain" Heenan

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Ted DiBiase

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    There's only one great manager in the history of professional wrestling...

Bobby "The Brain" Heenan
    He's easily the greatest. I can't compare anyone to him. There's been a few good ones over the years, since then, but none have come close. My favorite in recent memory is definitely Heyman though.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Good news on Lawler, outside of commentary I could care less for his wrestling skills and his so-called 'legacy' but I hope he makes a speedy recovery.

Every manager listed is great in their own right.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Bobby "The Brain" is one of the greatest that's for sure!, but you guys are missing one of the funniest ones... Percy Pringle A.K.A. Paul Bearer!
    Yes, he's cheesy but Undertaker and Kane owe him big, the guy made their characters even creepier! he's one of the greatest and coolest managers and the fact that he's been "killed" almost the same amount of times than the Undertaker it's so funny!

Last edited by henryeatscereal; 09-13-2012 at 08:45 AM. Reason: Percy Pringle

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Good news on Lawler, outside of commentary I could care less for his wrestling skills and his so-called 'legacy' but I hope he makes a speedy recovery.

This is his legacy, or possibly was until what happened Monday. Care less for it or not, but this brought national attention to pro wrestling before the WWF exploded (shortly before actually, so it may have contributed in some small measure to how it did explode in the 80's) and is one of the most controversial moments in television history. It also helped make Letterman a household name.
    Last edited by onthewall2983; 09-13-2012 at 04:30 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Cole on WWE.com
    I actually got a phone call from Jerry’s girlfriend, who’s obviously in the hospital with him. And she said “Michael, I’ve got somebody who wants to talk to you.” She handed over the phone and it’s “The King”! We immediately had a couple of laughs. He’s weak, but he’s alert. He talked coherently and he’s not completely out of the woods yet and he’s got a long recovery process to come, but he’s awake. Jerry’s in a lot of pain — he said he feels like he’s been through a 60-Minute Iron Man Match, but he’s in great spirits.
    http://www.wwe.com/inside/cole-updat...rview-26051805

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    That's great news. Probably be awhile until we see him again, if he even comes back. Good to see he's recovering though.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
    Ted DiBiase
    Sorry Kid, but if I had the ability I would facepalm this right away. I would also add to the list of great managers J.J. Dillon, Jim Cornette, and Gary Hart.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    What does everybody want?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    CLassic!!

The sound the bedpan makes is priceless.
    Soo many possible .gif's

Also Foley is God
    Last edited by PooPooMeowChow; 09-13-2012 at 08:33 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Just saw this retweeted by the WWE:

http://www.tout.com/m/rwwluj

Video of The King from the hospital thanking the fans.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    What does everybody want?
    Headcheese!!! that's great!!!
    Al snow was awesome in this one, a very underrated wrestler!
    Never liked Blackman too much tough, Ken Shamrock was better, god i miss the "Attitude" Era...

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    Sorry Kid, but if I had the ability I would facepalm this right away. I would also add to the list of great managers J.J. Dillon, Jim Cornette, and Gary Hart.
    DiBiase was awesome in the mid 90's, especially with Sid. His best moment was all the work he did with Bam Bam against LT at Wrestle Mania. He's so underrated as a manager considering he could hold a mic as a wrestler and it translated well. I'd even go and say he had more personality and was more exciting than Cornette and I love Cornette.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
    DiBiase was awesome in the mid 90's, especially with Sid. His best moment was all the work he did with Bam Bam against LT at Wrestle Mania. He's so underrated as a manager considering he could hold a mic as a wrestler and it translated well. I'd even go and say he had more personality and was more exciting than Cornette and I love Cornette.
    Oh man Jim Cornette was awesome so it was Mr Fuji, Teddy Long and Eric Bischoff (as manager), i think the managers make the difference in a lot of wrestlers, i heard Daniel Bryan wants Willam Regal to be his manager, i'll like to see that!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Oh man Jim Cornette was awesome so it was Mr Fuji, Teddy Long and Eric Bischoff (as manager), i think the managers make the difference in a lot of wrestlers, i heard Daniel Bryan wants Willam Regal to be his manager, i'll like to see that!
    To an extent. Some managers do nothing but hinder. Though not an officially referred to manager, I feel that Vickie Guerrero is really, really holding back Dolph Ziggler as far as storylines, mic skills and actions go. She's an annoyance and should have never been on air after her medicore stint at the SD! GM. She has Eddie's legacy funding her as far as WWE goes and she was never apart of it when he was around...she's overstayed her lousy welcome. Cougar? Boring.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I agree about her holding Dolph back. She's good at working at my nerves. She's obnoxious. But that's her thing. It annoys people and it works. Dolph should just break away and do his own thing, while she can boast up some newer guy. Dolph doesn't need her.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    JBL is taking Jerry's place in the booth for tonight's PPV.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Nice choice. Debating on whether or not to watch tonight. Not sure I really care.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Only match worth watching is Cena/Punk. Despite what I think about their product, those two can steal the show easy.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Yeah, that's probably the match of the night.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Kane and Daniel Bryan match where they'll probably win is the only match I care for.