It's me, Mawk Woyd.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Those were the days... *sigh*

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Those were the days... *sigh*
    I know, they were so much fun. The fake violence was extreme. The women wrestlers were much better and could kick some ass. The promos were gold.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    I know, they were so much fun. The fake violence was extreme. The women wrestlers were much better and could kick some ass. The promos were gold.
    Even the characters were cooler: Gangrel, Shamrock, Ministry Taker, (Evil) Kane, Stone Cold, Edge (silent), i miss those days, one day i will upload in my computer all my old RAW IS WAR episodes that i taped on my good ol' VHS...

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Donated $5.00. Better than nothing
    Donate 5 more and you get exclusive clips. 30 and they'll send you a DVD of the final project (I think).

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Might think and look into it, sorry to keep drudging up this theme and gimmick but this is fantastic quality - seriously!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Me and my brother had a dispute as to whether or not if that was when Taker was at his scariest. I came around to his thinking though, that it was more scary when it debuted. He didn't have to do a whole lot back then I'm sure, to scare kids in the audience. WWF was a pretty homogenized family-friendly product compared to the turn the character had taken by the end of the decade.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    Me and my brother had a dispute as to whether or not if that was when Taker was at his scariest. I came around to his thinking though, that it was more scary when it debuted. He didn't have to do a whole lot back then I'm sure, to scare kids in the audience. WWF was a pretty homogenized family-friendly product compared to the turn the character had taken by the end of the decade.
    Both were scary. Debut was scary due to how odd it was, morbid, how slow he was and the fact he never talked. I still think as far as evil goes Ministry Undertaker was Satan himself, no doubt about this. I found this tonight you tubing older themes. I forgot I had this on CD too!

Last edited by Space Suicide; 08-29-2012 at 01:33 AM.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Speaking of Taker, you guys remember "Underfaker"?

Paul Bearer is awesome in this one!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

I have that on DVD. SummerSlam 1994 that was too. SummerSlam always had great matches. A lot of the times SummerSlam and Survivor Series really rivaled and had better matches than that year's Wrestlemania would have.

I shall miss this:

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    ^oh man the old Jericho titantron, fuckin cool!

Jericho has always been one of my favorites, even in WCW, i think he's one of the coolest most charismatic wrestlers alive, shame he's going away again...

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

I begged my parents to order this on pay per view. I thought it was an awesome match, but alot of people hated it.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I miss The Big 4. They totally poisoned the PPV well when they decided to do one every month.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    ^agreed, they should just concentrate on "The Big 4", with the 3-hour RAW, monthly PPV's are becoming unnecessary...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    ^agreed, they should just concentrate on "The Big 4", with the 3-hour RAW, monthly PPV's are becoming unnecessary...
    I miss the In Your House shows they had that had rotating names every month depending on main feud.

In Your House: Buried Alive
    In Your House: Taker's Revenge
    In Your House: St. Valentine's Day Massacre

etc.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    One thing that was or may be still being considered, if they can get the WWE Network off the ground (which is becoming less and less likely it seems), was to put all the other shows on the network as exclusives, and keeping those 4 events on PPV. But you're right, and it works so much better for them that way. They had 1-2 months to promote the hell out of those shows and the payoff to the angles came off better then.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    If they had the four ppvs, things might actually be better. They went to three hours, yet they pussy foot around until the ppv comes around. The reward (the ppv) isn't as rewarding as it used to be. There used to be title matches on raw, with actual title changes. They're more worried about ppv profits than actual quality.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    looking forward to a match between them...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I'm really loving the whole Daniel Bryan and Kane angle they're working with. Kane is my all time favorite wrestler and Daniel Bryan is my favorite new blood wrestler from the more recent years. Having them awkwardly interact and work together is just excellent.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    It's being reported Jerry Lawler had to be rushed out of the building on a stretcher, last I heard CPR was being performed on him. Michael Cole was shown at the broadcast booth, but there was silence on his end for the Sheamus/Otunga match.

EDIT: Michael Cole just came on and said the last update he received was that Jerry was breathing on his own, but he looked quite shook up and had little hope in his voice. Not good
    Last edited by onthewall2983; 09-10-2012 at 09:45 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Wow, that sucks. Just started watching raw, so tbat part will eventually come up. Hope for the best.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    It probably had to do with all this physical activity he's had these past few weeks. That Steel cage match against Punk 2 weeks ago, getting 'assaulted' last week and this week in that tag match with Orton vs Punk and Ziggler.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I just happened to watch his match tonight at the gym. I marveled a little at how he could still do a dropkick at his age.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    He also apparently worked some indie shows in Aruba of all places, so you can add jetlag to that toll as well.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Poor Jerry, hope for the best, tons of respect for him!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I hope the King gets well. Just don't have him on TV for a while. Let him rest up a bit and then be back on commentary with good ol' JR.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Very sad to hear about Jerry The King Lawler and what happened at tonight's show in Montreal. I hope is alright and that he can recover. You could def tell everyone was shook up. Very sad. Get well soon Jerry!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Lawler was always one of my favorite parts of watching wrestling. There is no better commentary matchup than when he and JR worked together. I haven't watched wrestling in many years, and was shocked to read this this morning. I hope he has a strong and speedy recovery.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    This is from Lauryn Laine (Jerry's Girlfriend):

"Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers. It has been confirmed that Jerry did have a heart attack...he is in stable condition and breathing on his own & heart is stable. I'm getting on the first flight out of here to be with him & will keep everyone posted. He is a strong man and we will get him back at his best as soon as I can get him home! I love you so so much baby!!"

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    They're, understandably, concerned about brain damage. It sounds like his brain was oxygen deprived for quite a few minutes... They should know tomorrow morning.