Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The Drunk Tank

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    These things happen.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    They've started to serve Sweet Tea in pubs here. You get it in jam jars with orange and lemon. It sort of feels like you have to be barefoot to drink it.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Just waiting for the new Rammstein Made In Germany 2005-2011 to finish downloading, tag it, put it on then commence getting pissed off my tittays.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    ok this 7.1 standard drinks 1 litre apple cider is doing it for me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgo View Post
    Just drank a whole bottle of "Menage A Trois" wine bymyself and I"m moving on to Sweet Tea...
    That's some yummy wine. I had a bottle myself last night. After a great deal of white wine. Gotta cut down big time on drinking, maybe go completely sober. Doctor put me on naltrexone to help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Two new favourite drinks discovered last weekend: goldschlager (um, it's GLITTERY ALCOHOL) and red stag (cherry whiskey). I was hammered on a nice combination of the two.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    RED STAG IS SO GROSS when you think you're getting a shot of well whiskey and they give you that. EUGH. So disgusting. Tricky bastards.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    It's 6.30am. TIME TO OPEN WINE BOTTLE #3! (Keep in mind I fell asleep at midnight and just woke up)

Then it's German Beer O'Clock tonight for the Gay Clique christmas party here.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Fuck yeah.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goody View Post
    RED STAG IS SO GROSS when you think you're getting a shot of well whiskey and they give you that. EUGH. So disgusting. Tricky bastards.
    Even worse is ordering a shot of Cuervo in a bar, having the bartender mishear you, and getting a shot of Fireball. I mean, Cuervo is shitty enough, but knocking back cinnamon-flavoured whiskey when you're expecting tequila? Heinous.

Also, I invented a new highball: The AK-47
    - 1oz vodka
    - 1oz OE malt liqour
    - 3oz 7-Up
    Serve in a highball glass with a single ice cube.

I bet it would taste disgusting, but I want to try and order one in a bar just to see the look on the bartender's face.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I tip my hat to you, young squire.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Or to fuel your own backyard ballistic missile by the look of things.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Done with school work for the day i've studied these maps and artifact lists for long enough. Now it's time to head out in search of some beer. Too bad the bar closest to my new place I'm not particularly fond of. Oh well downtown is only a few blocks further i guess and i know there's places that serve stiff ass drinks that will suite my needs.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I miss ETS friends and drunk skype/g+ hangouts. Should happen again soon? Also I really seem to want some nights in where I'm just alone and drinking or smoking listening to music/making music/not looking at my phone AT ALL.

ALSO, Fixer thank you for the karaoke song - I felt it warming my heart from across the country.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    if i could have sex witrh beer i would anallly do it multiple times

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    if i could have sex witrh beer i would anallly do it multiple times

If you anal(ly) I'm pretty sure you could work something out, just make sure to take to cap off first.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaned View Post
    Pro-tip: Put it in with the opening facing out otherwise when you go to pull it out, it'll create suction and get stuck.

Well played sir, you win.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goody View Post
    I miss ETS friends and drunk skype/g+ hangouts. Should happen again soon? Also I really seem to want some nights in where I'm just alone and drinking or smoking listening to music/making music/not looking at my phone AT ALL.

ALSO, Fixer thank you for the karaoke song - I felt it warming my heart from across the country.
    ANY TIME! And when I'm home for holidays later this month I'm gonna skype the shit outta you fuckers.

Oh yeah, and the post-karaoke, asleep-at-3am-up-at-6am-hung-over-for-work party rocked. Vom.
    Last edited by Fixer808; 12-05-2011 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Because is internet

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Why is cider so damn popular in Australia lately? It's shit.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Brew Free or Die IPA. Based on the motto of NH, brewed in MN, with a picture of Mt Rushmore on the can, which is in SD. Go figure

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by naut View Post
    My buddy drinks cider and twice this bartender has given him shit about being a man whenever we run into her. Last time was really funny she said something like, "I'd expect something better coming from a dude in a Pantera shirt."

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by naut View Post
    I like Magners, but that's the only cider I've ever found to be drinkable.

Some of the expats I know go on about VB. They admit it's not that good, but I guess it reminds them of Oz. I actually was given a can once, it was OK..

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I did not know until I saw these recent Kahlua commercials that Kahlua has RUM in it. NO WONDER THAT SHIT CAUSED ME SO MANY FUCKING HORRIBLE HANGOVERS!!

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Got drunk a couple months ago for the first time in 6+ months on the anniversary of a friend's death - a fitting occasion. Wasn't too bad, but the two-day hangover was pretty evil.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Wednesday night drunkenness yesahhh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bgalbraith View Post
    I like Magners, but that's the only cider I've ever found to be drinkable.

Some of the expats I know go on about VB. They admit it's not that good, but I guess it reminds them of Oz. I actually was given a can once, it was OK..
    I havent had a drink in 3 months, due to deployment. This has been a good thing because its allowed me to get back in shape and save an alarming amount of money... but i NEED some crown.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    I did not know until I saw these recent Kahlua commercials that Kahlua has RUM in it. NO WONDER THAT SHIT CAUSED ME SO MANY FUCKING HORRIBLE HANGOVERS!!
    I once drank an entire bottle of Kahlua. As you could assume, it didn't end so well.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    ALL the wine is all for me

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    had two stiff afternoon cocktails at home. not drunk, but squinty and talkative.

what's on my mind right now:

my memories of crystal pepsi are way more vivid than they need to be. i think there were lots of 12-year birthday parties at skating rinks and the like at the time, all of which had 2-liter jugs on covered tables alongside ren and stimpy-themed cakes n'shit. a few months later in early 1993, i realized it wasn't around anymore to buy. someone told me michael jackson had cleaned the shelves nationwide and was hoarding every ounce of crystal pepsi for no apparent reason. and i believed it. still kinda do.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thursday is my last day of my work week. I'm currently in the midst of a 4 pack of Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA. I'll be drunk in time for the GWtDT score to drop.