Page 43 of 46 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1371

Thread: The Drunk Tank

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    songs sometimes move faster when you've been drinking. this is the case right now. i hate alcohol induced insomnia. work. drink. sleep. wake. drink. music. friends. water. drink. ets. drink. smokes...

i forgot to add the sunrise to that.
    Last edited by ldopa; 10-26-2015 at 09:35 AM.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Got one of these motherfuckers because I was in the mood for a gigantic variety:

I'll probably get a different one to do the advent thing properly for Dec 1

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    beer makes me so fat. i have two and i look like i'm seven months.

jameson and a cigarette chaser is euphoric.

and delta blues music.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Well, hooray for turning 24! I have the whole world ahead of me...still.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubeninphoenix View Post
    Well, hooray for turning 24! I have the whole world ahead of me...still.
    well you do!! even if you don't believe it. you have the whole world ahead of you even when you turn 65. it's all about disposition. find what makes YOUR world go 'round and fucking embrace it. no matter what it is, someone shares your sentiment,.

EDIT: fuck it's late-ish, i'm drunk,tired, and have to work tomorrow.

^this could be your future rubie, don't make the same mistkes i did/do

DOUBLEEDIT: 24 lmao. i wasnt ready for my rocking chair and shotgun until 27.

YOU'LL BE FINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

or you won't. wtf do i or anyone know?

hell hounds on my trail...
    Last edited by ldopa; 11-08-2015 at 05:22 AM.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    hangovers after you turn 30 are no joke (i'm almost 35, but still). i drank a little friday night and woke up yesterday feeling like my skin was crawling. i felt anxious and full of panic, all because of three vodka crans. work was almost unbearable.

it's just not worth it anymore unless i have at least a 24-hour turn around.

edit: you're an odd duck, @Idopa.
    Last edited by kel; 11-08-2015 at 09:41 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    drunk by noon but that's ok, i'll be president someday.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    i just wrecked a giant bowl of pasta like it owed me money.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    ahhhhhhhhhhhh sookie sookie now.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by c0f3d View Post
    hangovers after you turn 30 are no joke (i'm almost 35, but still).
    As a 24-year-old, I still get pretty mild hangovers. I just feel tired and lazy, almost never have those day-ruining ones I hear so much about form my older friends. I can go out and have 15 beers and chain smoke to my lungs discontent and wake up feeling fresh as a daisy sometimes. But once in a while, out of the blue, I'll just chill at home and watch some TV and have like 4 or 5 beers over a reasonable amount of time and then wake up feeling like there's a layer of spiders between my brain and skull. That's what I'm doing tonight and I feel like I'm just tossing a coin, I'm either going to wake up great at a decent hour and have a coffee and breakfast and all the rest, or I'm going to drag my ass out of bed 2 minutes before I have to go to work and shove some half-cooked toast into my face and spend most of the day regretting various aspects of my life until like 2pm when a switch will flip and everything is good as gold again.
    Last edited by ibanez33; 11-11-2015 at 03:17 AM.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Guys, you need to hydrate. Drink a lot of water as long as you can, and if you're still functional at the time, chug as much water as you can before you got to sleep. Might not kill the hangover, but it will seriously reduce it.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    ^right!
    or you can wake in the middle of the night with a shag carpet in your mouth, HATING LIFE because you have no water on hand. and the bathroom is 10000000000 feet away, even though it's four feet away.

when you're desperate, any liquid will do though. there has been one of those coke bottles that has my name on it sitting on my shelf. i have a rare-ish name so i don't drink it, but FUCK i've been tempted.
    Last edited by ldopa; 11-11-2015 at 04:52 AM.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrz View Post
    Guys, you need to hydrate. Drink a lot of water as long as you can, and if you're still functional at the time, chug as much water as you can before you got to sleep. Might not kill the hangover, but it will seriously reduce it.
    I usually do this. 1 large glass of water before going to bed, then refill it and have it next to my bed for when I wake up.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    water is life. even though i drank a fuck ton earlier and now i'm logy.
    i avoid soda like the plague, even clear ones. too much sugar. if your stomach is upset, drink tea with ginger, don't drink that awful 'canada dry' shit. TOO MUCH SUGAR.

and...TOO MANY PUPPIES!!!
    Last edited by ldopa; 11-14-2015 at 01:48 AM.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    drunk on Larceny bourbon in Louisville, KY.....////

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    drunk on Larceny bourbon in Louisville, KY.....////
    Welcome to AMERICA!!!!!

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    i've been living in US America for 10+ years
    (i need to move back to europa...so that I can be blown up by Daesh

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    i've been living in US America for 10+ years
    (i need to move back to europa...so that I can be blown up by Daesh
    You ain't REALLY been to America until you been drunk on bourbon in Kay Why.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    In the more refined portion of the Drunk Tank, I am enjoying a wee glass of a $50 bottle of G's Reserve Port. Muy Bien.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    i delete my texts after i get home when i go out because i know they're pathetic and embarrassing. the next day i have responses that don't make sense, forcing me to admit i was drunk and ask to explain them.

deleting texts doesn't mean they didn't happen. and a little backstory is useful.

don't be like me. also, if someone could shoot me in the head, that'd be great.

oy, made a mess last night. with an ex-boyfriend, nonetheless.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by c0f3d View Post
    i delete my texts after i get home when i go out because i know they're pathetic and embarrassing. the next day i have responses that don't make sense, forcing me to admit i was drunk and ask to explain them.

deleting texts doesn't mean they didn't happen. and a little backstory is useful.

don't be like me. also, if someone could shoot me in the head, that'd be great.

oy, made a mess last night. with an ex-boyfriend, nonetheless.
    On THANKSGIVING?? Ugh.

I'm too busy entertaining and cleaning to get drunk on Thanksgiving, thank God.

I never drunk-posted and deleted; back when I drank, I couldn't delete, hahaha; I have an English degree so I learned to be overly concerned with editing. In college, we workshopped and edited essays to within an inch of their lives, and I tend to do that with my online posts, too, and it got me a reputation as an "editor" because I'm constantly worried about grammar, content, readability, thesis conveyance, blah blah blah. I no longer ever get "drunk" but I still edit like crazy and if I ever delete, it is because, upon later review, I feel the post doesn't fit into the overall conversation, interrupts the flow, doesn't fit a purpose, is too heavy-handed with intent, is too egocentric and might possibly drift a thread, etc. I tried to stop, but I.just.can't. heh.

If you delete a text, though, does it get deleted on their end, too? I always wondered that (I've gotten wrong number texts).

Deleting an online post later because you feel it's not proper is no big deal.

Anyway, good thing is, maybe your ex was drunk too and won't remember anything?
    Last edited by allegro; 11-28-2015 at 10:51 AM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I haven't given up drinking, but cut way down. Sometimes I'd have between a half pint and a pint of gin or bourbon at night. Haven't done that in a week and a I just feel a lot better. I don't wake up feeling gross, deppresed, as anxious or lethargic. I think my body might be trying to tell me something.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    ^mine too, but my listening skills suck butt. i'm in the same consumption boat (lately more than,) and i do want to cut down because i'm really hungover and crap feeling as i type, but i'm terrified of the shakes i'll have. it's no secret at work or home i'm an alcoholic, but i'm almost ashamed to admit to them that i want to calm down. it's just one of my (sad) proclivities. i know what i have to do to get through it, but the bottle is my ruin.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    4 o'clock Christmas morning, and I'm sitting here drinking cheap whiskey and listening to Eddie Vedder play the Ukelele.. all the while contemplating the various aspects of how fucked up and beautiful the human experience is.

Merry Xmas folks!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Baileys ...

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    BrandY!

Merry Chrimbo y'all

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    COCKS

10char

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    WHY WINE WHY!?
    Last week I got drunk on wine and I woke up the next day with fucking hives around my hands/arms. Tonight I drank a couple glasses and I felt a hive-ish heat around my neck and wrists, I don't think I'll be waking up with hives tomorrow but I now have a definite connection between wine and hives. What the fucking hell!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    wine has a ton of histamine in it!

take some allergy meds babe, you'll be fine.

since i've been sick, jameson out; jager in. since it has a lower ABV, i've been pretty good with my tongue lately. maybe i'll switch for a bit.
    Last edited by ldopa; 12-28-2015 at 03:01 AM.