Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Underneath It All: A Nine Inch Nails Podcast

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I just subbed to the podcast. You guys are currently part of my morning drives to work. Good job.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Thanks, guys! Glad our bewildered pontificating is keeping you entertained.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    This is the only podcast I follow (I don't even really know what podcast is to tell the truth, I only follow Sonicstate and ISRTV on youtube manually), and after discovering it here I downloaded also previous episodes, very interesting listen including the last one with its on-topic ending, good work! :-)

Also, sometimes I feel an urge to say "Settle down, Beavis!", but just jokingly, all good. :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Another awesome podcast, and I'm very thankful that you take the time to gather up the forces and throw one of these together as soon as Trent & Atticus decide to throw us stuff! Keep them coming! That goes for both Trent & Atticus and the podcast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just listened tithe podcast for the first time today. I really enjoyed it. Listened to the most recent one. Now I'm happy to say that I get to enjoy backtracking through all the previous podcasts. Thanks for making a great show

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Thanks for all the kind words, everyone! We hope to have some more stuff for you soon.

In the meantime, if you're not subscribed to the show or following us on Facebook/Twitter, what are you waiting for? It'll fix what was wrong with you.

https://www.facebook.com/NINPodcast
    https://twitter.com/ninpodcast

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    In the meantime, if you're not subscribed to the show or following us on Facebook/Twitter, what are you waiting for? It'll fix what was wrong with you.
    I did, and now I'm not less than anymore.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Come on, pigs. About time for some lifesigns.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Microwave Jellyfish View Post
    Come on, pigs. About time for some lifesigns.
    i bugged @Toadflax a little while back about when we were going to do the next episode and it seems like everyone is just super busy. maybe the new release will kick 'em into gear.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i bugged @Toadflax a little while back about when we were going to do the next episode and it seems like everyone is just super busy. maybe the new release will kick 'em into gear.
    I can be your guest. I can easily talk myself to death for an hour if needed.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post
    I can be your guest. I can easily talk myself to death for an hour if needed.
    our next episode was supposed to be about the Year Zero ARG, and then we were gonna do an episode about the actual album. not sure if the plan is to do Bad Witch and then go back to that, but either way, we'd LOVE to have you as a guest on the show! it's always more fun for me editing when there's more voices in there, even if it makes the episode longer

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Hey, guys, and thanks for the continued interest in the show. I took on a new project this year, have been traveling quite a bit, and am in the process of moving to boot. That said, hopefully we can get together in the next couple weeks to talk Bad Witch and the 2018 tour - but just managing expectations not to expect it in the too immediate future.

...but yes, EPISODE SIXTEEN: GOD BREAK OUT THE SAX coming "soon."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just discovered this. Gonna go home and listen from the start of this show, which is probably good before I loop Last Podcast on the Left into a tiresome bore.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by toadflax View Post
    hey, guys, and thanks for the continued interest in the show. I took on a new project this year, have been traveling quite a bit, and am in the process of moving to boot. That said, hopefully we can get together in the next couple weeks to talk bad witch and the 2018 tour - but just managing expectations not to expect it in the too immediate future.

...but yes, episode sixteen: God break out the sax coming "soon."
    bump!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Yeah, it's been nine months since Bad Witch came out!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    So, it's been over a year since Bad Witch came out. Where's EPISODE SIXTEEN: GOD BREAK OUT THE SAX?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Would love to get another episode from you guys!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    as the editor of the podcast, i'd love to have another episode to work on. but brian/toadflax is busy, jeff/oslin is MIA, and james/sheepdean is british
    also, i still miss karen. no idea what happened to her

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Sooo, would you believe my post from last June pretty much reflects my current state exactly? I’m about to move again, and I’ve just taken on a new project in addition to the one I was taking on last year and another I took on since then. On that note, if you like hearing me podcast, you can check out Beyond The Screenplay, where we break down screenwriting techniques (and generally talk film) about some movies we love.

We’ve obviously reached a point where this podcast is on the verge of fizzling out completely, BUT I do think it would be nice to get back together for a few episodes to wrap everything up. Maybe one on Bad Witch and the last tour, one or two on Year Zero, and one covering The Slip and Ghosts I-IV in one. Then we can wave goodbye properly with the knowledge we’ve at least covered all the albums.

So stay tuned but with the understanding it may be a good while until this happens. And of course it’ll depend on some combination of @OSLIN , @sheepdean , @botley , and @eversonpoe being willing and able to participate.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    also, i still miss karen. no idea what happened to her
    Well, I feel like a dick ><.

What happened is I got pulled away by other interests and just wasn't as into NIN anymore. I never stopped liking the music, but I just wasn't at the level that I felt like analyzing everything anymore. I think I felt really guilty that I wasn't as into it as everyone else, so I pulled away from the fan community. Which was very stupid, but it wasn't really a conscious decision on my part, it just happened. This wouldn't have been so bad, because it's not like having competing interests is a rare thing, but through my absence I apparently made you guys feel like I fell off the face of the Earth. I'm sorry for that.

I need to listen to the newer episodes I haven't heard, whatever else may have happened I'm proud of helping to start this podcast-- especially because it seems to have opened the floodgates for NIN podcasts in general. I just checked and there are about ten of them now, I can't believe it 0__o

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Karennnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!

Hi.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KarenLeslie View Post
    Well, I feel like a dick ><.

What happened is I got pulled away by other interests and just wasn't as into NIN anymore. I never stopped liking the music, but I just wasn't at the level that I felt like analyzing everything anymore. I think I felt really guilty that I wasn't as into it as everyone else, so I pulled away from the fan community. Which was very stupid, but it wasn't really a conscious decision on my part, it just happened. This wouldn't have been so bad, because it's not like having competing interests is a rare thing, but through my absence I apparently made you guys feel like I fell off the face of the Earth. I'm sorry for that.

I need to listen to the newer episodes I haven't heard, whatever else may have happened I'm proud of helping to start this podcast-- especially because it seems to have opened the floodgates for NIN podcasts in general. I just checked and there are about ten of them now, I can't believe it 0__o
    shit, i said hi in the wrong thread hahahaha

glad you're back <3

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    right? i figured i'd hear from everyone about starting back up during the pandemic (perfect time to record a podcast!). alas...

(as i'm sitting here, editing an episode of halloweenies)

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    right? i figured i'd hear from everyone about starting back up during the pandemic (perfect time to record a podcast!). alas...
    Indeed, which is why the producers of my film podcast decided to go to weekly instead of bi-weekly. For some people, lockdown has meant more free time, but for me this particular scenario looks like another free time low.

If someone wants to take over administrative/planning/hosting duties, I'd be happy to jump back in as a co-host!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    Indeed, which is why the producers of my film podcast decided to go to weekly instead of bi-weekly. For some people, lockdown has meant more free time, but for me this particular scenario looks like another free time low.

If someone wants to take over administrative/planning/hosting duties, I'd be happy to jump back in as a co-host!
    if we didn't have a baby due in 22 days (holy shit) i'd do it! haha

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Dude! Congrats! Happy for you!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cheddamash View Post
    Dude! Congrats! Happy for you!
    thanks. sarah seems more nervous about them misgendering me at the hospital than she is about giving birth heh

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Is there any chance your unborn child is interested in taking on administrative duties for the podcast?

I mean, congratulations!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Is there any chance your unborn child is interested in taking on administrative duties for the podcast?

I mean, congratulations!
    me:
    "peanut, what's our schedule for january?"

peanut:

(we've been calling the baby peanut but that is not their actual human name)