Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Poets of the Fall

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Poets of the Fall

the melodic rock trio from Finland that got famous for their song Late Goodbye in Max Payne 2 videogame
    since then they released 4 full-length albums and a greatest hits cd+dvd

main hits:
    Lift
    Late goodbye
    Illusion and dream
    Locking up the sun
    Carnival of rust
    The ultimate fling
    Diamonds for tears
    War (also released on Alan Wake videogame soundtrack)
    Dreaming wide awake

one of my all-time favourite bands
    don't hesitate to visit official site http://poetsofthefall.com
    Last edited by BenAkenobi; 12-01-2011 at 01:10 PM.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Hey @BenAkenobi , you still listening to them? Looking forward to the new album? The new single and video just dropped today!

I remember seeing you around on their old forums, i miss that place.

You and I are like the only fans of this band that i know of on here.

Unless anyone else out there wants to reveal themselves lol

Yup these guys still got it, bring on album number 9!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Yeah, been enjoying every record of theirs up to Ultraviolet and Alexander theatre sessions. Will be checking out new single later.

These guys manage to outdo themselves each album, it's mindblowing - and their older stuff: Signs, Carnival, Roulette, Theater is still very dear to me.

Not sure how to get a new CD while under sanctions.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I used to love this band but haven't heard the last few albums. Not even sure how many I've missed at this point.

Illusion & Dream is one of my favorite songs of all time.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    @kdrcraig Oh dude, if you think you might still be into their tunes definitely give their recent material a try.

One of my favourite songs from their 2014 album Jealous Gods is Choice Millionaire, so fucking good!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Poets of the Fall

Ok so that song is awesome. I've only got up to Twilight Theater in my iTunes but I believe I've heard Temple of Thought at some point. Got some cash in my account from Xmas gift cards so I guess I know where that's going now. Time to get caught up on this band!

Edit: just checked the track list for Temple of Thought and I’ve definitely listened to that. Guess I’ll start with Jealous Gods
    Last edited by kdrcraig; 04-05-2022 at 04:06 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Finally bought all the albums I didn't have and have spent the past couple weeks only listening to these guys. I'm pretty disappointed in myself that I dropped off after Temple of Though, all of these albums are freaking awesome! There really aren't any songs on any of their albums that I don't like.

Now if they'd just ever tour the states, but I know that is never going to happen. There's a full concert on YouTube in Moscow from 2013 I think, they sound really good live.

Also, their videos are sooooo good. They actually put thought into them instead of just farting out some garbage.
    Last edited by kdrcraig; 10-21-2022 at 02:27 PM.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    @kdrcraig @BenAkenobi Are you playing Alan Wake 2 or planning to?

The music they've done as Old Gods of Asgard.. phenomenal just phenomenal.

You guys are in for a surprise! There's even an actual "Greatest Hits" album coming out collecting all the songs from all Alan Wake games and Control plus a couple bonus tracks i think.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I plan to but I gotta play the first game, didn't have an xbox back in the day when it came out so never got around to it.

I've got the Rebirth greatest hits thing pre-ordered from iTunes. Haven't heard any of the Old Gods songs so I'm pretty jazzed about that.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I'm a little torn with how that went down, on the one hand i LOVED it because i experienced it's magnificence in the game first but on the other hand i am saddened if this is anyone's first experience.

It really should be enjoyed in the game first but I am so happy for these guys getting to be on a world stage like this.