Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
What it says in
the article doesn't bother me, I didn't mind Raiden in MGS2, love Snake but don't 'relate' to him particularly. It's always been the gameplay that I love about this franchise, the sneaking around etc, I also tend to skip most of the cinematic scenes once I've seen them once, if I want to watch a film, I'll just watch a film, with a game I want to be in control

The special missions in MGS2 substance were genius as was the ape extra in MGS3
Doesn't bother me either and sure as hell won't bother the game's Japanese audience of whom I'm sure Konami are far more interested in pleasing here. It seems to me there is a large proportion of western reviewers who have completely forgotten the roots of these games, they've even forgotten that these games weren't Tom Clancy games, they were absurdities - yes they were set on a realistic stage of battle but that was about it and although MGS was a nod to western action movies it was by and large a very Eastern affair - this new game will be no exception and it's going to be done in the style of game I particularly enjoy and have been thirsting for since Bayonetta. It's going to be awesome. Well, hopefully.

The other element of that article which I found ridiculous is that Raiden kicking Metal Gear ass is going to make an iconic character like Snake look positively frail in comparison - this is just because they don't like Raiden as a character which is really petty. If this game was starring a character like Gray Fox they'd be all over it, and that's the level of critiquing we're looking at here.