Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Metal Gear Solid

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    If there are going to be so many connections to MGS1 characters and lead-up to the events in Shadow Moses, I wonder if this is leading up to a super secret complete HD remake of MGS1.

Hey, while we're speculating...You never know.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    There's quite a few references from Snatcher throughout the series. Especially MGS1.

Spoiler: I'd be cool to see Sniper Wolf, but I seriously doubt that's her. Would definitely fit the trend since Psycho Mantis even makes an appearance. But I doubt it's her. But, if it is, it'd interesting. But I doubt it, considering her past referenced in MGS1
    Spoiler: Well, actually. It could be her and it makes sense if it was because she was saved by Big Boss (said so in MGS1 when she is dying) and she was around those parts when MGSV takes place. So I mean it COULD be her, but I'm not saying that's 100% correct either.

And actually MGS4's chapter 3 is basically a whole reference to Snatcher. Snakes young face camo looks EXACTLY what a modern day Gillian Seed would look like. Plus Gillian also wore the brown trench coat. Plus with MK. II following him around, it just makes it blatantly obviously.

Also, you find the song One Night In Neo Kobe City for the iPod in that chapter as well.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I went back and watched Spoiler: Sniper Wolf's death. She could very well be Silent. She's a kurd, so she's from that general area.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I went back and watched Spoiler: Sniper Wolf's death. She could very well be Silent. She's a kurd, so she's from that general area.
    Spoiler: Yeah, the place just seems right plus mentioning "Saladin" saving her and then seeing what looked like her strapped to that chair in the extended trailer (maybe when Big Boss saves her) it very well could just be her.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Confirmation of Ground Zeroes = Tanker theory via Kojima retweet?

“@Ken1555: MGS: Ground Zeroes(Prologue) + The Phantom Pain(Main part) = MGSV: The Phantom Pain.”

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
    Spoiler: Yeah, the place just seems right plus mentioning "Saladin" saving her and then seeing what looked like her strapped to that chair in the extended trailer (maybe when Big Boss saves her) it very well could just be her.
    Spoiler: Or, she's not Silent, but she's connected to her somehow. The girl in the chair could very well be her though. This game will definitely show the beginnings of Foxhound, most likely. And i'm starting doubt whether or not Code Talker is Major Zero. He's missing the scar under his eye. But knowing Kojima, it could have been done on purpose to throw people off with the trailer.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I think this is something people will be happy about -

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/...ke-a-tv-series

Metal Gear Solid creator Hideo Kojima has explained that The Phantom Pain will be less like films than previous games, and more like a television show.
    "I'm sure you're worried about if the cutscenes are as long as Metal Gear Solid 4," Kojima said during an E3 roundtable. "Since this time around we're using an open world environment," Metal Gear Solid V will have "less cutscenes [than before]." Because you'll be exploring, you'll have fewer opportunities to run into a cutscene that takes control away.

"If you think of Metal Gear Solids 1-4 as movies," Kojima continued, "[The Phantom Pain] is going to be like a TV series with episodes." Each episode breaks down into a non-linear missions with that eventually "come together to complete the story we have designed."
    Ground Zeroes perhaps best represents this idea. "Phantom Pain is the big game, and included in that is the prologue, Ground Zeroes," Kojima said.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Spoiler: Or, she's not Silent, but she's connected to her somehow. The girl in the chair could very well be her though. This game will definitely show the beginnings of Foxhound, most likely. And i'm starting doubt whether or not Code Talker is Major Zero. He's missing the scar under his eye. But knowing Kojima, it could have been done on purpose to throw people off with the trailer.
    Spoiler: Now that you mention it, Code Breaker didn't have the scar. So it's most likely not him. A friend of mine posted his prediction for MGSV, figured I'd post it here since it'd make for a good discussion.

Spoiler: I bet you Big Boss' arm was removed during his coma for use in Les Enfants terrible. The person who wakes up after a nine year "coma" is -actually Solidus Snake after he's grown up enough to resemble Big Boss. He was purposefully made to look exactly like Big Boss' exact clone.Therefore he has to pay for the "Sins of his Father". Just a theory though.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I was looking at the Legacy Collection cover that had the remake render of Solid Snake from MGS1. MGS1 is my favorite game of all time and I absolutely HATE The Twin Snakes. I like nothing about it. I was thinking though that I'd be alright with a MGS1 remake if they do a it properly.

I'd be 100% alright with a MGS1 remake IF:

1. Get ALL the ORIGINAL voice actors from MGS1 and give them enough money to where they wont half ass their work (Twin Snakes voice acting sucked)
    2. Make it 3rd person with the option of over head view. Also, no first person viewing. Shadow Moses isn't designed for FPS. Makes it WAY too easy.
    3. No over the top stupid shit. No back flips off rockets, no jumping on to Rex's leg (stupid idea) and so on. The ONLY over the top character needs to be Gray Fox and that's because he can actually pull it off with the exoskeleton.

Not asking for much. Just don't fucking RUIN IT LIKE TWIN SNAKES DID.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I quite liked Twin Snakes. But I don't compare it to the original version whatsoever.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Re: Metal Gear Solid

Spoiler: Now that you mention it, Code Breaker didn't have the scar. So it's most likely not him. A friend of mine posted his prediction for MGSV, figured I'd post it here since it'd make for a good discussion.

Spoiler: I bet you Big Boss' arm was removed during his coma for use in Les Enfants terrible. The person who wakes up after a nine year "coma" is -actually Solidus Snake after he's grown up enough to resemble Big Boss. He was purposefully made to look exactly like Big Boss' exact clone.Therefore he has to pay for the "Sins of his Father". Just a theory though.
    Spoiler: Les Enfant Terribles already happened, before Peace Walker (1974), and it's even brought up during a phone call that you unlock aftef finishing all of the missions. The idea of it being solidus would be interesting though. And it would explain the voice change, and the bandaged guy's voice being the same.

Problem is, Solidus was created sometime after solid/liquid. He's definitely different from the other two, DNA-wise. But he also faces the affects of accelerated aging. So I dunno...

But, I figure the voice is different because of age (like ocelot sounding like Will Arnett).

The word Phantom must have some significance though.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Any idea if VR Missions will be available separately for a digital download? I mean...so far, that's really the only thing in the collection I can see myself buying it for. Maybe if I can still get some money for my HD collection, I'll trade that in and just switch it up, but eh. I'd much rather just pony up 10 bucks for VR Missions by itself.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    Any idea if VR Missions will be available separately for a digital download? I mean...so far, that's really the only thing in the collection I can see myself buying it for. Maybe if I can still get some money for my HD collection, I'll trade that in and just switch it up, but eh. I'd much rather just pony up 10 bucks for VR Missions by itself.
    Think I read somewhere that MGS1 and VR are downloadable.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Yeah, I downloaded MGS a while back, but I don't remember seeing VR anywhere on the PSN. Maybe I missed it, but if it is up there, I'm so all over that.

I think there's even a copy at the local game place. It costs a pretty penny, too, if I remember correctly...

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    Yeah, I downloaded MGS a while back, but I don't remember seeing VR anywhere on the PSN. Maybe I missed it, but if it is up there, I'm so all over that.

I think there's even a copy at the local game place. It costs a pretty penny, too, if I remember correctly...

MGS1 and VR Missions will be a download code (was pissed when I found that out since I wanted trophies for the games but oh well. Now I can play them on my Vita).

You should be able to pick up VR Missions on eBay for decently cheap. I've had my copy of MGS1 and VR Missions since I was a kid and they're both in spectacular condition, but VR Missions wont play on my PS3 for some weird reason.

I don't think it's up on PSN, but it's also been awhile since I've checked. But they should be separate downloads as well since they're both completely different games.

VR Missions is worth it since you can play as Gray Fox and slit some throats. The other mini games though like time trails and the Mystery missions are great as well.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    No kidding. I remember renting it when I was a wee lad and keeping it for close to a month. I should've picked it up back then!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Heyo! http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/...-in-fox-engine

Hideo Kojima is currently seeking a developer to remake the original Metal Gear Solid. In a roundtable interview, Kojima said he is in the process of finding a studio to use Kojima Productions' Fox Engine, which powers Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, and improve the outdated gameplay systems of the stealth classic.

Previously, Kojima sought a western developer to work on the Metal Gear spinoff, Metal Gear Rising. Eternal Darkness developer Silicon Knights previously created a Gamecube remake of Metal Gear Solid, The Twin Snakes.

What would you want from a Metal Gear Solid remake, and who should develop it?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I haven't really followed the new MGS stuff in awhile. What is the new game and when is it supposed to come out? Is it Phantom Pain or Ground Zeros? Sorry for my ignorance.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    The short answer is that it's both. You can think of it like the Tanker/Plant chapters in MGS2. And there isn't a specific release date yet, as far as I know, but I think I remember reading 2014 somewhere.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Like I said a few posts above

1. Get ALL the ORIGINAL voice actors from MGS1 and give them enough money to where they wont half ass their work (Twin Snakes voice acting sucked)
    2. Make it 3rd person with the option of over head view. Also, no first person viewing. Shadow Moses isn't designed for FPS. Makes it WAY too easy.
    3. No over the top stupid shit. No back flips off rockets, no jumping on to Rex's leg (stupid idea) and so on. The ONLY over the top character needs to be Gray Fox and that's because he can actually pull it off with the exoskeleton.

Not asking for much. Just don't fucking RUIN IT LIKE TWIN SNAKES DID.

Make it nothing like TTS and keep it true to the original and I'll be happy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm really looking forward to the new games.
    I just wish they'd remake Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2:solid snake as well, they both didn't age that well whereas Metal Gear Solid is still playable these days imo.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMeowMeow View Post
    I'm really looking forward to the new games.
    I just wish they'd remake Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2:solid snake as well, they both didn't age that well whereas Metal Gear Solid is still playable these days imo.
    I'm sure that someday they'll remake those games. Especially considering that it's a major part of the lore. Im not sure if they want to do anymore games with Solid Snake though. And I think I rear somewhere that they don't want to use Campbell in any future games since the japanese voice actor for him isn't around anymore.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I had so many damn problems with the Legacy Collection today.

First is that Gamestop didn't even get their copies of the Legacy Collection in. Then I cancelled on them and went to a local game store here and bought it from them. Then the voucher for MGS1 and VR Missions wasn't working because the PSN store didn't update yet.

And now since it has updated, the voucher is only showing VR Missions and not MGS1. Konami Support on Twitter is talking about fixing it, but damn. This collection has been a damn pain my ass all day.

The artbook is pretty cool. It's just a bunch of promo posters for each game (MGS1-MGSPW)

Basically it's just the HD Collection with MGS1 and VR Missions and the graphic novels. Even when you put the second disk in (the second disk has MGS2,MGS3,PW and the rest, which is weird because MGS4 is the first disk. Printing error maybe?) on the XMB is says HD Collection and when you're at the main menu, it's the same as the HD Collection.

This really is just a glorified HD Collection with 2 extra games (I won't bother with the graphic novels since they apparently suck really bad).

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    This whole Legacy Collection seemed like a flopped idea. Your post about today's mess and the fact it's not even released on Xbox shows this was a rather bad execution with subpar handling.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    They've said the reason that the Legacy Collection isn't on the Xbox is because MGS4 would take up to like 6 discs. So that's why they didn't put the Legacy Collection on the 360.

But yeah, it's been one giant fvcking mess. I haven't played any of the other games because I just want to play MGS1. I might already have a copy of MGS1 on disc but I want to play it without that weird clicking noise (on the original PS1 version, if you play it on PS3, you'll hear some clicking noises during codec conversations and cutscenes).

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    They've said the reason that the Legacy Collection isn't on the Xbox is because MGS4 would take up to like 6 discs. So that's why they didn't put the Legacy Collection on the 360.

But yeah, it's been one giant fvcking mess. I haven't played any of the other games because I just want to play MGS1. I might already have a copy of MGS1 on disc but I want to play it without that weird clicking noise (on the original PS1 version, if you play it on PS3, you'll hear some clicking noises during codec conversations and cutscenes).
    I know, I believe I was the one to post that video about the disc space when it was first announced.

I just meant they originally wanted to release it on Xbox too but that idea fell short and now all this nonsense you told me.

Never knew that, I wondered why my disc sounded like it was being scratched hardcore the last time I played it.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Yeah it's not your disc being scratched or anything. It's just a really weird bug.

Honestly, the reason I got this Legacy Collection was so that I could get MGS1 and VR Missions on my Vita and for the artbook. I sold my HD Collection to a friend for $25 so I just put that towards this LC.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    So apparently the problem was 'resolved' with the voucher for MGS1 and VR Missions. This is what Konami said:

METAL GEAR SOLID: THE LEGACY COLLECTION

An update on the voucher code issue,
    This issue was fixed early last night but if you redeemed your code and only received VR missions--you will need to contact SONY to get a new code for Metal Gear Solid. Please contact SONY via the options listed on this link:
    https://support.us.playstation.com/app/contact_options/
    We apologize for the issues that occurred with the voucher codes and the inconveniences that were caused.
    -KONAMI Customer Support Team
    Well, I took the time to call Sony so I could get my voucher for MGS1 and guess what? I didn't get it. All they said was that they'll file a report for it. Then the guy told me to go through my download list even though I fucking KNEW it wasn't in there because I never bought MGS1 from the PSN store. He kept saying "well I see VR Missions in your download list. Are you sure that it's supposed to include Metal Gear Solid PS1 classic?"

I told him a million times that it was supposed to include MGS1 AND VR Missions.

This Legacy Collection was a big waste of time and a huge fucking pain in the ass. I'm debating if I should just buy the MGS1 from the PSN store just so I don't have to deal with the bullshit anymore.
    Last edited by nemesiswontdie; 07-10-2013 at 03:23 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    So apparently the problem was 'resolved' with the voucher for MGS1 and VR Missions. This is what Konami said:

Well, I took the time to call Sony so I could get my voucher for MGS1 and guess what? I didn't get it. All they said was that they'll file a report for it. Then the guy told me to go through my download list even though I fucking KNEW it wasn't in there because I never bought MGS1 from the PSN store. He kept saying "well I see VR Missions in your download list. Are you sure that it's supposed to include Metal Gear Solid PS1 classic?"

I told him a million times that it was supposed to include MGS1 AND VR Missions.

This Legacy Collection was a big waste of time and a huge fucking pain in the ass. I'm debating if I should just buy the MGS1 from the PSN store just so I don't have to deal with the bullshit anymore.
    You're not going to get the game code. Just buy it off PSN. I've been in several situations like your's before and they never wanna cough up a code and they play the blame game with each other.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sunny Emmerich avenging the death of Hal would make for a great future storyline.(Hasnt happened) After playing Revengeance, I've been thinking of where the future timeline would go.