Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Metal Gear Solid

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Reading the comments on Konami's Facebook page is hilarious. Whenever they post anything, hundreds of people spam them with "Is this the game by Hideo Kojima Game?" or something similar.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Hope Konami enjoys the revenue. Might be their last as far as video games go. Finished paying off my copy. Gonna probably do the midnight launch.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Less than a week, everyone!

Need this shit bad!!!

Gonna take a break from Gears of War to touch Ground Zeroes before Tuesday for more resources.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Thinking of replaying MGS3 and PW until then. There's already let's play videos on YouTube, which I trying so hard to resist. I did skim through one, which thankfully didn't spoil anything. This is going to be hard.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Can't wait for my Collector's Edition Tuesday! I hope Best Buy mails it on time!

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    just got my copy. No spoilers, but so far hell yeah.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Does it live up to the perfect scores? 10/10 isn't a very common score. 9 is usually the best most games get. Some people seem to have a problem with it getting so many perfect scores. Destructoid had to explain why they gave it a 9.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post

Can't wait for my Collector's Edition Tuesday! I hope Best Buy mails it on time!
    Not sure about Best Buy but my collector's edition from Amazon shows a Sep. 1st delivery date! We'll see though

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    No joke, Metal Gear Solid changed my life as a kid. I know that sounds melodramatic, but it really changed my perspective on what video games were and or could be. I'm pretty sure I cried at the end of Snake Eater.

WITH THAT being said, I am so fucking pumped for MGS5. I feel like I don't really remember what the hell happened at the end of 4, and I didn't play Peace Walker, but damn I am pumped. I have a pretty hefty MGS collection too including some shit signed by Hideo in person, but I didn't pre-order any of the collectors stuff for this game. The limited edition PS4 is so sexy, I already have one though and I don't think I'm THAT crazy...but I guess time will tell.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Does it live up to the perfect scores? 10/10 isn't a very common score. 9 is usually the best most games get. Some people seem to have a problem with it getting so many perfect scores. Destructoid had to explain why they gave it a 9.
    well, I don't want to spoil anything for anyone... but so far, it's the darkest game I've ever probably ever played, and that's a plus for me. But it's really story heavy for a long period there, even more so than 4...so I'm still getting through that.
    I'm nowhere near a point where I can make an overall opinion on the game, but it's got me hooked.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    well, I don't want to spoil anything for anyone... but so far, it's the darkest game I've ever probably ever played, and that's a plus for me. But it's really story heavy for a long period there, even more so than 4...so I'm still getting through that.
    I'm nowhere near a point where I can make an overall opinion on the game, but it's got me hooked.
    Phew... from the reviews I was a little worried. That's usually one of the downsides in the reviews. Is the lack of talking an issue?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Will I be the only one here who is playing this on PS3? Probably.

I'm just ready to fire this sucker up on Tuesday. Currently finishing my replay of MGS4.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximilian View Post
    Will I be the only one here who is playing this on PS3? Probably.

I'm just ready to fire this sucker up on Tuesday. Currently finishing my replay of MGS4.
    It'll be between PS3 and PC for me. Whichever seems cheaper at the time i can afford to get it.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Best Buy took my money so I'm poised for a Tuesday delivery on time.

Before I knew much, I planned to play this game with deadly stealth already so I'm glad to hear kills don't affect S Ranks. Definitely going for a Kill when I take out guards and soldiers, unless I fulton them.

Glad to hear the game is dark! I hoped for nothing less. This is Big Boss' last stand as a semi respectable figure before his fall to pure evil dominance. That's another reason I am going for kills. Need to fit character

Plus the end of the GZ ushers in nothing but anger by the bomb in Paz and the disfigurement of Snake. I need retribution! I need to kill to even the score.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Yeah, we get to see the descent of Big Boss. Judging from the trailers with him covered in blood, it's not going to be pretty. I'm definitely doing the midnight launch. Shame I'm working tuesday... should've taken off. This game is going to ruin me.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    11.5 hours!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Got my pre-order in. Too bad there isn't a single Gamestop around me doing any midnight releases. However they are all opening their stores an hour early tomorrow! Ooooooooohhhhhhhh....Bullshit.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    There's one near my house that's having one. So, thankfully, I won't have to go far. Spoiler: I'm going to be tired as fuck tomorrow.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    My Collector's Edition is coming from Kentucky. Overnight UPS, definitely getting it tomorrow.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Sold basically all of my old PS3 games this morning to pay for it in full. My gamestop is releasing their copies at 6pm this evening. Ohh man I'm so ready for this.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Just found out my gamestop is releasing it at 11. Even better than 12.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Im 90 minutes in, and am still watching one long cutscene, with few moments of gameplay, none interesting, that people like this shit is a total fucking mystery to me.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Damn introductions!

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Sheesh i sure hope there's more to it than there was with Guns of the Patriots and it's cutscene to gameplay ratio.

Especially with it being open world now you'd think there'd be much more to it.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I have a feeling it's going to be more gameplay than cutscene this time around. Not very far, but, so far it's been good. Already have a theory on one thing.

Spoiler: calling a fight club/Tyler Durden moment with the bandaged man. My guess is that the face you create at the beginning is his .

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Im 90 minutes in, and am still watching one long cutscene, with few moments of gameplay, none interesting, that people like this shit is a total fucking mystery to me.

A good rule of thumb for enjoying Metal Gear games is to consciously shut off your natural cynical inclinations. In the end it's worth it

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Still trying to figure out how to customize mother base. It's atrocious, atm. Extremely long bridges. Not sure what to do. Like, how do I change the color? Add emblems?

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Definitely becomes better after the intro stage. Also have to express appreciation for how well the story functions withhout knowledge of the lore.

But yeah... Mother base... Can you go inside? Wyats the deal?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Still trying to figure out how to customize mother base. It's atrocious, atm. Extremely long bridges. Not sure what to do. Like, how do I change the color? Add emblems?
    On the ACC menu you go to customization and choose Mother Base. Have fun.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Thank you! Still stuck with the long bridges though. Is there anyway to fix that? Or does it sort itself out when I build more?

Edit: found Quiet...
    Last edited by Piko; 09-02-2015 at 12:38 PM.