Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Sigur Ros - Jonsi and Alex - Jonsi

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    It's pleasant but forgettable on the whole. I'll reserve judgement until the album is out.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Pre-orders are up for the Valtari double LP:

http://shopusa.xlrecordings.com/valtari

That website has some more bits of information about the album.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    As pretentious of a description as they gave, I can totally hear that in my head, and I like it.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    august 8 2012
    paramount, seattle, wa
    united states

Y U PLAY NEAR ME WHEN I ON HONEYMOOOOON???!!?1

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Is that the only date so far?

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Just been notified today that Sigur Ros is touring North America this summer!

http://www.sigur-ros.co.uk/tour/

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    NEW ALBUM LEAKED.

About listen to this shit !!!!!!!

EDIT--

This is a return to form album-Daubalogn had me in tears, incredibly beautiful.
    Last edited by Rdm; 04-14-2012 at 03:52 AM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Thanks for the tit.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    First impressions, it sounds like the first four tracks from ( ) had a baby with the entire Von album. It sounds beautiful, despite that absolute horrendous quality of the leak. Can't believe it leaked this early.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I'm listening right now, into track 3...and the leak I have is not horrendous at all.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    It's pretty fuckin' good. Bummed that I'll be away for the Seattle show, but it's far from my list of priorities. Can't see why they won't eventually return here some day though. Until then!

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magrão View Post
    I'm listening right now, into track 3...and the leak I have is not horrendous at all.
    Where'd you get yours from? I got it from a little demon. And the average bit rate is like 128. It sounds awful.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Where'd you get yours from? I got it from a little demon. And the average bit rate is like 128. It sounds awful.
    I got mine on some blog after googling in the band and album name followed by "zip." I can't tell ya where exactly 'cause I got it and had to jet for a trip. At least I'm pretty sure it's not that low in quality (128). If it's the same as yours then we may have different definitions of what is horrendous.

In any case I am not impressed by the album. I also feel like they literally could've whipped it up in a month, if they had to.

I'll spin again, but I just may be over the band.

Edit: Yeah, I can't see myself buying this record, a first with Sigur Ros for me.
    Last edited by Amaro; 04-15-2012 at 04:33 PM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I'm really enjoying the 3rd song quite a bit. It feels amazing to hear Jonsi using the bow again.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Not sure how I'm feeling about this one.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Man I attempted to get tickets for the LA show and it was sold out instantly. Very similar to the NIN club shows.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    FUCK YOU TICKETFLY!

I entered in to buy 3 tickets, it said I had them, then after entering my credit card info, it said "processing, do not hit refresh or back on your browser." It hung there for 8 fucking minutes, at which point my priority hold on the tickets expired and I was sent back to their home page.

This is bullshit. If your servers can't handle the traffic hit from a large act, maybe you shouldn't be selling the tickets, you motherfuckers.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I hated when that happened to me james during the UC davis NIN show. Im upset about not getting tickets but never got them in my cart. I would be on a whole another level if that happened to me. I'm so so upset right now. Well i guess i can just buy scalped tickets............

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tix went on sale at 12, I was on ticketmaster at 1205 and NY was sold out. Thank you scalpers!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    woah, they just sent me an email confirming that I got the tickets! That was unexpected... I eat my words. Ticketfly, I'm sorry I maligned your good name.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Scored a pair for Seattle's show. Won't be back until the night before the show so maaaay not end up going, but thought I'd better get them just in case. :/

jaimie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    woah, they just sent me an email confirming that I got the tickets! That was unexpected... I eat my words. Ticketfly, I'm sorry I maligned your good name.
    Same exact thing happened to me, I had no idea I had gotten them til I checked the "recent orders"

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Preorders up for 'Valtari'.

Including shirt, art print.....and blanket?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Yeah pretty undewhelmed with the pre-order packages. I was kind of hoping for another Deluxe Edition in the same style as Med Sud's deluxe book.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Thats a major bummer, but for some reason it doesn't surprise me all that much.

In other news, the chills that I got (and that you will too) while watching this video are astounding. Whoever made this shit, god fuckin' bless em.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    The two bonus tracks are out there now. Logn is fucking beautiful.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    So yeah, the new video for Fjogur Piano is interesting...Shia LaBeouf naked kinda interesting...

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Photos I took at the Seattle show last night (18 pictures): http://www.flickr.com/photos/3844015...7630995684092/

Great show, Ágætis byrjun heavy. The public was quiet when the show needed to be quiet (ie. Vaka). I was actually really surprised at how well behaved was the audience. And then the crowd went wild in between songs, they were really into the show. So glad to hear Olsen Olsen. Sound is so rich right now, with 11 people onstage. Not a lot of new songs, only 3. A bit surprising, as this is a tour in support of the new record. All in all a great evening.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Never underestimate a Sigur Ros crowd, dude. Both times I've seen them and the one time I saw Jonsi's solo show, you could hear a pin drop. Hell, even at Lollapalooza last weekend, everyone who saw them straight up forgot it was a festival and at 4 in the afternoon. I was way up front and everyone up there treated it as if it was a theater show and not a festival, and I had friends who were way in the back say it was just as quiet back there. I've never heard 50,000+ people be so respecting and quiet. It was amazing.