Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Sigur Ros - Jonsi and Alex - Jonsi

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    That is unbelievably cool. Can't wait to hear Jonsi bowing the theme song.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Can't wait!

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I kiiiiinda want that poster on my wall.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    I kiiiiinda want that poster on my wall.
    Here it is in printable poster-size higher quality

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I saw Sigur Ros a month ago in Phoenix, and all I can say is WOW! Their live performance was a fusion of crisp vocals, unbelievable instrumentals, and a hypnotizing light show that captured my mind and especially my heart. Similar to How to Destroy Angels, they too played behind a translucent screen which projected abstract images. The whole crowd stood silent, gazing in awe until the music built up and the screen finally flitted down, revealing the musicians. When that happened, man, the whole audience just snapped out of a daze and went crazy! It was a transcendental symbiosis that I will never forget.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tonight! Seems like forever since first seeing them live...not to mention getting blitzed with them downtown and carrying Jonsi back to their bus lol.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    LOL going through all my old concert photos. Minutes before heading to drink on Granville St. haha...

I look like I'm 12.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    The show last night was fantastic of course. Loved the new tracks they played, and the screen/lightbulb set up was pretty crazy. They must've stretched the crescendo of Popplagio at the end until at least 15 min in total....soooo good.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    The show last night was fantastic of course. Loved the new tracks they played, and the screen/lightbulb set up was pretty crazy. They must've stretched the crescendo of Popplagio at the end until at least 15 min in total....soooo good.
    I was at the show and you're right. I was headbanging as if my life depended on it during Popplagio. I've seen them three times now, every time closing with Popplagio and this was the best rendition out of the three. I thought the show was a bit too short but not a big deal. I wish they would had played more of Med Sud and Valtari (or different songs, "Festival" is not particularly my favorite on that album). Excellent sound...crystal clear.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    How has Kveikur STILL not leaked?!?!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    How has Kveikur STILL not leaked?!?!
    Man, no joke. They released the track itself a few days ago and I was like 'This is it, within 24 hours.' No dice.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    I believe we have leakage....I heard it's out there now. We will see...

EDIT: Yep! It's online!
    Last edited by thefragile_jake; 06-09-2013 at 11:12 AM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Re: Sigur Ros - Jonsi and Alex - Jonsi

Starting to think there's a sunday pattern when it comes to leaks. Gonna check into it later when I have more attention to give. Really enjoyed Isjaki and look forward to hearing more

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    On my first listen, it's obviously a much more bouncey and lively record than Valtari was last year but as far as people comparing it to their best since Takk...I'd have to disagree with that. Maybe it's just not catching me at the moment but I don't even think it's as good of a full listen as Með Suð Í Eyrum Við Spilum Endalaust...which people seem to not care for that record and I've always loved that one.

I'll need to revisit it again perhaps. It's good but I wouldn't call it great or anything.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    So glad I bitched about it not leaking yesterday, forcing the universe to actually leak it.

I just finished my first listen and I already immediately love it. I would definitely say that it's probably their best since Takk.. Med Sud just felt like a lazy halfassed attempt. It felt like a boring version of Jonsi's solo album (which I absolutely loved). I get they were trying to change their sound, but I think Kveikur's change is the sound they needed to switch to all along. It's absolutely insane hearing, dare I say, dance beats on this album. It's by far the most modern sounding album that Sigur Ros has ever made.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    ^^^ This 100%.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    can i get a PM?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    it leaked two days ago to a couple of sites I frequent. must have been a slow burn round the old information superhighway.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    As far as I know, tonight was the first it's leaked. Either way, it's a great record. I liked the last 2 albums well enough, but they didn't capture the magic that I felt Takk and all the albums before had. This kinda has it, but it will take time to tell. Great album either way.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    The new album is much much better than valtari. I still can't dig valtari, I think that one was too loose.
    But kveikur's gonna be my another favorite Sigur ros album since Ágætis byrjun. Great work!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    2013 man....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    (if you've got iTunes match, it'll match all the files from the leak...)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    What a bummer, they're playing St. Louis the same day as Nine Inch Nails....

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    What a bummer, they're playing St. Louis the same day as Nine Inch Nails....
    Yeah I'm having a major crisis over this. Was planing on road tripping from KC to see NIN with a bunch of friends, but fuck... Sigur Ros in a smaller theater. I legitimately don't know which show to choose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ^^^^Good to know I'm not the only one thinking about which show to attend.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Re: the Kveikur leak, to borrow a comment from the Came Back Haunted thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by eskimo View Post
    All I can seem to find is the dance remix. Where the original version of the song?
    No, really, I'm super into this album. Hrafntinna is especially gorgeous! I was a little afraid that the title track would be a disappointment after hearing it in the live setting first (it sounded so massive, and I felt the TV appearances really didn't do it justice), but it turns out I shouldn't have worried.

Also, I am all over that Auditorium Theatre date! I'm wondering if it's worth it to go out to IN as well, but none of my friends would be interested in going with, so probably not...
    Last edited by Endlessly; 06-10-2013 at 07:32 PM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I heard the album today. Definitely way better than the last album which didn't do anything for me. It's got a bit more aggression while also being out there.