Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Thrice

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Thrice

I guess this will be the thread for all things Thrice! Discuss albums, shows, news, what have you!

Did anybody catch them on this last tour? I managed to get to the Lawrence show and had an awesome time, although my girlfriend and I were both dead tired and decided to spend our time up in the seats, we still had a really great view from the center of the couches in the 10-foot-high balcony at the Granada. The place was so packed we still felt like part of the crowd.

I'm sad to hear that they'll be having one more tour this spring and then going on hiatus for "the forseeable future" so the band can get some time to see family and work on other projects, but they've earned it. They've been either on the road or in the studio for as long as I can remember without really slowing down these last few years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I feel like the hiatus will be shorter then they are letting on. I feel like they just wanna take a family/solo work break. The Alchemy Indexes are AMAZING.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hiatus or not. I am going to miss their music and Thursday too.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I know! They stand out as a tie for favorite album/era/whatever you wanna call it (tied with Vheissu). But I don't know. I just hope that their next album after the break does what Vheissu did for them and completely change their sound. Not to say that there's anything wrong with it now, but they seem like they know what their doing when it comes to trying out new stuff, musically.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh man, I forgot that Thursday was done for too. Fuck...

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    good music over the years, but finding out that Dustin is quitting to spend more time with Jesus was super lame and makes me care much less.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    good music over the years, but finding out that Dustin is quitting to spend more time with Jesus was super lame and makes me care much less.
    Phishing fans are WAY cooler than Jesus.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I'd be lying if I said I didn't pick up a lot more Christian influence in their music as of late, myself. But ya know, the guy's gotta do what he's gotta do. At least he's doing what he loves. I'm stuck cleaning and scrubbing floors. I should probably change that soon...

I WILL be seeing them on their next/last (for a little while) tour if I can. I've managed to get 3 setlists from the 3 Thrice shows I've been to so far, so it'd be cool to get 4 for 4.

(Sorry it's so huge! Can't adjust the image size for some reason...)

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    nice socks

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Thanks man.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Just grabbed a ticket to see them at the end of May.

All religious bullshit aside, these guys are amazing musicians, and I look forward to seeing them for the 5th and probably final time. They rock my world live.

Going to do a little catalogue refresh over the next couple months as the setlists for this tour should be pretty insane.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    ^ Amen on the 'religious bullshit" part. I just love the guys for their musicianship. And they've never failed to put on an awesome show.

I'm gonna try to see them at either Cain's in Tulsa May or Lincoln in June...But anyway, anyone can go to this link and vote on songs to include on their setlist for the farewell tour! I can't friggin' wait for this.

http://vagrant.com/thrice/tourpoll/

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Not sure how many Thrice fans we have here but I've got a pair of GA tickets for sale for the 6/16 show in LA. Looking to get $80 for the pair and can meet up in person if you're in the San Diego area. If you live in LA I can ship them to you via overnight shipping but you'll have to pay for it

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Shit, if that show were a week or two later, I'd take them off your hands...

Unfortunately, I had to miss the Lincoln show on Tuesday. Money was just way too tight to make the 5 hour drive...And luckily, I got a refund on my tickets, so it wasn't a total loss. Hopefully they'll get together again sometime and I can get a better chance at seeing them. At least we can look forward to the live CD (and DVD maybe?) they're putting together from this tour.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    So pissed I am missing the farewell tour! Hopefully they just go on hiatus for a couple years and come back with a bang.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    thats exactly what's happening. this isn't permanent by any stretch. Dustin's just getting more Jesus'y than he already is, and thats putting this on hiatus for now. they'll be back when it's time to get paid again.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I cannot stand his solo work. It's shit.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I'm on the fence with his solo work. There are a handful of songs I like, like maybe 5, but it gets too preachy and I guess "humble" for me sometimes.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    $60 for the Thrice tickets....someone PM me!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I knew like only two songs by them "Stare At The Sun" and "Image Of The Invisible", I now have downloaded their discography and I'm surprised by how good they are.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripe(withdecay) View Post
    I knew like only two songs by them "Stare At The Sun" and "Image Of The Invisible", I now have downloaded their discography and I'm surprised by how good they WERE.
    fixed but yes, they were fantastic

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    recently posted it over in the vinyl collector's thread but i got the new version of vheissu on clear (limited to 300 copies) and it sounds fantastic.
    i also have the alchemy index (including both the messed up earth disc and the replacement one).
    looking very forward to the new reissue of the artist in the ambulance that's coming in november! (source, and the same guys who did the vheissu pressing)

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Thrice ARE a very talented band of musicians. They didn't break up, they are just on a long stretch hiatus! If you haven't checked out "Beggars" or "Major/Minor" properly... please do so.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Thrice ARE a very talented band of musicians. They didn't break up, they are just on a long stretch hiatus! If you haven't checked out "Beggars" or "Major/Minor" properly... please do so.
    i didn't love either album when i first listened (when each was originally released) but i went back and listened to them about two months ago and they're freakin' great.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post

I should've clarified. I honestly didn't mean the "were" disrespectfully. I love Thrice. I just meant that because they were on hiatus. Major/Minor is amazing!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Artist In the Ambulance was a mainstay in my CD player for awhile.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    I should've clarified. I honestly didn't mean the "were" disrespectfully. I love Thrice. I just meant that because they were on hiatus. Major/Minor is amazing!
    Ohhh I gotcha . Just wanted to clarify that they were not done yet! I do like Beggars more cohesively, but Major/Minor is just beautiful. I really hope they go back to their heavier roots at least one more time before they call it quits for good.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    They are releasing a new album in 2 days and all 3 songs available for listening till now sound great! I think this album will be a big comeback for them.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Album is really sounding good from the three songs that were released. However, I really do wish there is a throwback Thrice song on this release... it's been too long.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    The album is downloaded and I'm ready to listen on repeat for the remainder of the day.