Thread: The Mental Health thread - depression, bipolar, ADHD, you name it

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Perhaps I'm going about this the wrong way, but for quite some time, I've usually thought that the only true and real reason to have pride and be proud of yourself would be after you accomplished something or achieved some great form of success. And having a history of perfectionism, and having the tendencies of a perfectionist has lead me to that line of thinking. In other words, is it really unhealthy to only "pat myself on the back" when I achieve something or genuinely commit good deeds? People also suggest that it's better to get pride from your character first, but I'm also convinced that you have to DO something in order to increase or even create your self-worth.

(I could be wrong though, but I have strong feelings for my stance. I'm just curious what others would think of this.)

In other words, I've always thought that being a successful, productive, intelligent, and efficient hard worker is one big must to be a good person worthy of any source of real pride. I often base pride on those things. (Oh yes, and performing good deeds for all the right reasons and motives too.) I'll be willing to admit that it's a huge drawback to only feel comfortable in my own skin when I'm right though.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 09-20-2013 at 09:52 AM.