Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Fringe

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Fringe

One of my top 3 favorite shows. Loving the new season, looks like it very well might be the last. I've actually been on the set a few times (my friend works on it quite frequently) and have managed to hear where the storyline is heading this season once it comes back in January and it's pretty crazy.

Also Anna Torv...come on. When I finally got to meet her a month ago or so, I was hard pressed to not scream 'I LOVE YOU' and henceforth be removed forcibly from the set.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    A little jealous, although I did get to ask the cast a question at Comic-con. Fringe is my #1 Favorite TV show that is currently airing episodes. absolutely love it.

also hate that i have to wait MONTHS for a new episode.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    ME TOO. Maybe it's just me but this year the Christmas gap seems a bit longer than before? Maybe it is just me, but I don't remember mid-Nov to mid-Jan being the norm?!

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Yeah Fox moved shit around for baseball. thats why the mid season finale was a one-off episode and disappointing for a mid-season finale.

The preview for the next episode made that one seem like it was written to be in that spot.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Ahh that makes sense then, I never even thought of that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Baseball ruins EVERYTHING.

Also, love everything about this show.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Agreed!! I'm super curious to learn more about this third timeline/universe/whatever.

Also, Malechite, what did you so with that sweet Walter shirt you got for asking the panel a question and getting Joshua Jackson to make a bong sound effect?

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pequena View Post
    Also, Malechite, what did you so with that sweet Walter shirt you got for asking the panel a question and getting Joshua Jackson to make a bong sound effect?
    Well it's baby blue, so it's not quite my color, but I do wear it from time to time.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I started watching during season 3, I went back and have watched season 1 and am working on 2 right now, trying not to watch Season 4 until 'Im all caught up but I cant help it, maybe the little break will help me catch up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm afraid they might have been writing themselves into a corner with the whole Spoiler: where's Peter?/Peter's back! thing. It seems like they've narrowed the scope of mythology for the show with this third timeline. Or maybe there's a direction they're headed that I'm not seeing?
    Last edited by Malechite; 12-01-2011 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Spoiler tag please

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    I know the spoiler tag is meant for when things aren't out yet, but with a lot of these TV shows people are catching up, so I'm going to say for things like Fringe, use the spoiler tag for the current season.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I'm up to episode 4 of season 3, and I can't believe how fucking good this show is! It just refuses to stop being awesome!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Malechite View Post
    I know the spoiler tag is meant for when things aren't out yet, but with a lot of these TV shows people are catching up, so I'm going to say for things like Fringe, use the spoiler tag for the current season.
    Sorry about that--still getting used to the new board. Didn't know there was a spoiler tag!

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    New official Fringe video posted! (Obviously don't watch if you aren't current with the show)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    How do I post spoiler tags?

Anyway.

One way I can see this season going is if the blue universe still exists maybe the machine healed the blue universe by attaching the red universe to the gold universe instead?
    Last edited by Lutz; 12-02-2011 at 08:13 PM.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutz View Post
    How do I post spoiler tags?
    There a couple sticky threads with some info, but its [spoiler]text here[/spoiler]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Going to be a long month without Fringe.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Well, there's still the old Blu-rays/DVD's to keep you busy. I've rewatched all of Season 1 & 2 over the last couple of days. Noticed many little things that I'd completely forgotten about. It's really an awesome, well-written show. And it also doesn't hurt that Anna Torv is such a babe.

I'm still not sure how I feel about this reboot of the characters this season.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't want Olivia to die.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Finished season 3 and lost my mind.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Spoiler: Is everyone assuming that the universe we are seeing now is a new one? I simply view the universe we are seeing now (with the orange Fringe title sequence) as the same as the original universe but with an adjusted timeline in Peter's absence. In other words, it is what would of happened if Peter had never been alive for the past 20 years. Thus, to the observers this is the 'correct' timeline, and Peter is simply just messing it up again.

E.g., Peter never killed Jones, alt-Broyles never dies because Olivia never crosses over to get Peter back, etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuckle View Post
    Spoiler: Is everyone assuming that the universe we are seeing now is a new one? I simply view the universe we are seeing now (with the orange Fringe title sequence) as the same as the original universe but with an adjusted timeline in Peter's absence. In other words, it is what would of happened if Peter had never been alive for the past 20 years. Thus, to the observers this is the 'correct' timeline, and Peter is simply just messing it up again.

E.g., Peter never killed Jones, alt-Broyles never dies because Olivia never crosses over to get Peter back, etc.
    That's how I see it. Spoiler: I think both sides were re-written, though the red side wouldn't have as much to change if Peter had never been there. I thought it was pretty apparent that Walternate is a different person that we've come to know from the red side. I think both sides in the yellow (gold?) timeline are different than what Peter remembers, though I'm not sure he can get back to where he belongs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think they have thrown us all off the first assumption that the gold universe just overwrites the blue universe by Peter searching for the blue universe.

I presume we'll get an answer as the season goes on.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Spoiler: I somewhat agree, but isn't the "red" universe just a different timeline than the "blue" universe? Different things happened, different decisions were made, etc. So, I think we can call any change in timeline a different universe, no? And Peter is just trying to get back to the way it was, whether it calls it his universe or his timeline, I think is irrelevant. The yellow universe, afterall, was supposed to be different because Peter didn't exist, yet, he still does.

Anyway, enjoying this half of the season so far. The most recent episiode was really well done I thought.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    it was really nice to get back to the old format of the show, and just have a case for the team to work on. Spoiler: i feel like they tried to break away for the formula, but in doing so, they made the show too formulaic with the two sides fighting, and now peter just trying to get back to his timeline, so it was nice to revisit the way the show used to be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Going on this train of thought the only natural outcome of the series is that the reason the universes are destroying each other is because they are all being over written by the core timeline.

It's taking the conceit from Terminator that if they prevent the future from happening then John Connor won't exist and Fringe is dealing with actually showing it physically happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Fringe going on three week break end of March. For those that have watched this on TV the whole way through have they always had such huge breaks in their seasons?

This is the third this year!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Feb. 24th - March 23rd. Damn, too many breaks...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Probably because of March Madness. Given that Fringe is on Friday nights, this is probably why.