Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Fringe

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Fantastic finale. Emotional, powerful...touched upon a lot of elements from past episodes. Loved the way the ending lets us ponder what their next adventure will be to get in to the future.

Spoiler: After Peter gets the white tulip, we know the first thing he's going to do is go to the lab to look for Walter, find the tape, and say 'Oh hell no, we're coming after you.'
    About that spoiler, yes, they could really go on like that forever.

So good-bye Fringe, you little sci-fi oddball. Often frustrating, often brilliant, an acquired taste. I think that if the show had been more successful, and so a higher budget, we would have seen a little more Olivia superpowers, dimension changes, time travel and the like. As it was, the show knew it had a small, but hardcore audience, so it reveled in its eccentricity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The only real Fringe-ism I noticed was missing from the finale was Olivia taking someone out with a table/floor lamp.

But I guess that motif really reached it's natural conclusion when Olivia took out Fauxlivia with a table lamp.
    Last edited by Lutz; 01-20-2013 at 01:15 AM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Spoiler: The powder they released in the ventilation system was like, a mix of some/all of the horrible substances we have seen so far? Jesus, that was sadistic!

Also, I'm still unsure how the whole timeline thing reconciles with the facts, but whatever, I don't want to look too much into it. It was a fun show, some stellar moments, some misses. A good way to spend my Saturday mornings. Bye Fringe!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    just watched the last 3 episodes back to back, and I am very disappointed in how this season ran. They spend all that time gathering parts for this mystery machine only to scrap it in the end for a more convenient option once they figure out what to do with it. The final "Battle" was not much of a battle in my opinion, it was more of a small gunfight. I would have liked to have seen the entire resistance out there fighting against the observers. The observers deserve to die if they are stupid enough to defend their entire existence with a dozen inept loyalists.

other things that bothered me:
    the fringe team being insignificant to the observers plan? it seems like they have been more like a major problem to them since the start of the season.
    Broyles holding cell not having ventilation?
    Why didn't The empath kill Windmark with his mind? he probably could have more easily than Olivia.
    Why did he get off the goddamn train! just so we could waste an episode to see that the other universe is all fine and dandy and Altolivia has a new awful wig?
    September is still alive? didn't he die as an observer? I guess that was on the other timeline so its not valid or whatever
    And Peter, if the observers get erased then he (and Walter) die in the lake because there is no September to save him. He could still exist in the alternate universe if Walternate wasn't distracted by September, but then his appearance in the fourth season doesn't make any sense

there were a few touching parts though, Gene making one last appearance, Peter and Walter cry-hugging, the white tulip

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by millionmilesaway View Post
    just watched the last 3 episodes back to back, and I am very disappointed in how this season ran. They spend all that time gathering parts for this mystery machine only to scrap it in the end for a more convenient option once they figure out what to do with it.
    This is one of those Fringe-isms - all the way through the series Walter would devise an extremely complicated fringe science plan to save the day and then in the end the story would be resolved without it being used.

Quote Originally Posted by millionmilesaway View Post
    And Peter, if the observers get erased then he (and Walter) die in the lake because there is no September to save him. He could still exist in the alternate universe if Walternate wasn't distracted by September, but then his appearance in the fourth season doesn't make any sense
    Season 5 follows on from the gold universe where September never intervenes at the lake. Also Peter reappearing in the gold universe was due to the observers NOT interfering/deleting him from the timeline when they could have.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tommygunn View Post
    I've just finished Season 5 after giving up on it last year.

12 episodes of fetch-quests and a rushed finale, great. I'm going to sell my Fringe blu-rays, this season has killed the whole thing for me. Infact it's put me off TV shows, after Breaking Bad ends I think I'll just stick to films.
    wow...that's pretty depressing. did it really bother you so much to put you off from any tv shows?

also, it's hard to have a proper finale when your normal season run is half of what it has been for the entire rest of the run of your show. plus, i think we all know jj abrams shows don't really end the way we wish they would...

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Onto disc 3 of season 5, have avoided all spoilers.
    "Walter, are you tripping?"
    "Most definitely."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Started watching this show a couple of months back and finally watched the Season 5 finale last night. Wow. Seriously, I didn't expect the end to be that emotional. Considering I only started to really give a shit about Olivia and Peter from the end of Season 2 onward, I was surprised by how much I didn't want to see them go. Reading back through this thread I can tell a lot of people didn't feel the final season was that strong, but I loved the Observer-invasion-arc. It reminded me of a classic X-Men story, 'Days of Future Past'. Seriously, I loved it; the dystopian setting, the rebellion vs oppression thing. Yeah, it wasn't super-intelligent stuff, but it kept me engrossed. So many little fan-service moments throughout, great character moments. Probably my favorite season, after the whole 'machine' arc in season 2 and 3.

The only thing I couldn't completely grasp was the gold timeline story-arc in season 4. I got most of it, but I was never really clear: was Peter in a third, separate place from the setting of seasons 1-3, or was he in the same universe but time had been re-written, so Olivia et al didn't recognize him?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Nina, NOOOO!!