Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Fringe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The conclusion to this weeks episode made me very happy. Spoiler: I really like good Nina Sharp and I was afraid they were going to retcon that and have her behind David Robert Jones plans in the gold reality and originally also in the blue reality.

Also just from the amount of people posting here this season I'd say no one is watching Fringe anymore and I'd be surprised if it's not cancelled. Hopefully they can get at least one more season with another network.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I don't know, I wouldn't base that conclusion from the posts on this board. This new board is WAY slower than old ets and far less posting in general. I do feel they should wrap up the story within a season or so however.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Spoiler: Also is this shapeshifter Nina or are we finally getting NINALTERNATE?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Spoiler: i'm fairly certain it's shapeshifter nina. also, it was really great that the "welcome to westfield" episode was more focused on the case (which was awesome), and then this most recent episode was more insightful toward everything that was going on in the show. the dragging out of peter trying to get back to the blue universe was getting really tedious.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    According to www.tvbythenumbers.com things are not looking good for our beloved Fringe.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...ch-fox/120726/
    Last edited by profane; 02-21-2012 at 02:42 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    Spoiler: i'm fairly certain it's shapeshifter nina.

Spoiler: I wondered if it might be Ninalternate due to the hand scan.

I'd say it's also definite that Lincoln was replaced with a shapeshifter when Alt Browles found out he was in the broom cupboard
    Last edited by Lutz; 02-21-2012 at 07:37 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutz View Post
    Spoiler: I wondered if it might be Ninalternate due to the hand scan.

I'd say it's also definite that Lincoln was replaced with a shapeshifter when Alt Browles found out he was in the broom cupboard
    Spoiler: Yea I'm leaning toward Ninalternate as well. Reason: Regular Nina is still alive. Leaving the people they impersonate alive is not something the shapeshifters are known for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fixate View Post
    Spoiler: Yea I'm leaning toward Ninalternate as well. Reason: Regular Nina is still alive. Leaving the people they impersonate alive is not something the shapeshifters are known for.
    The shapeshifting process kills the host right?

Spoiler: The other possibility is with time lapse shapshifter Nina was put in the room with Olivia to manipulate her.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Spoiler: Crap, I almost forgot about Nina and Olivia in that room. But I thought that the Olivia in that room was the one from Peter's timeline. That somehow the third (now nonexistent) timeline was coming through due to the cortexiphan in Olivia's system. That would mean that the Nina in the current timeline was dosing Olivia to try to bring the original timeline back. I'm thoroughly confused at this point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Spoiler: I think gold Olivia getting blue Olivia's memories is a side effect of her power to cross between timelines. I'd say the reason they are drugging her is to use her ability to cross. If there isn't a double Nina then they may have put the shapeshifter there to manipulate her into using her abilities.

I'm hoping it is Ninalternate. I think it's a much more interesting way to go and they could make it that red Nina was responsible for David Robert Jones in the blue timeline as well. Thematically it makes a lot of sense as well because blue Nina was the one who originally tried to plead with Walter to not cross over.
    Last edited by Lutz; 02-22-2012 at 11:51 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Looks like tomorrow's episode is going to be a good one.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    so i guess that's confirmation that Spoiler: it's definitely alter-nina, and not a shape-shifter.
    also, it's adorable to hear walter & olivia with their australian accents.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I am really afraid this will be the last season. I love this show and I do not want it to go away.

I'd be totally ok with 2 seasons that were just bad scientist of the week with no mythology. Anna Torv and John Noble are amazing to watch.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiovoyr View Post
    Anna Torv and John Noble are amazing to watch.
    Anna Torv doesn't do anything for me, I actually think she's not a very good actress but that's obviously personal opinion. John Noble is definitely amazing in this show though.

I'm not sure how I feel about this season, finally got all caught up. There's been episodes that were great and some that I thought were pretty bad. Really no clue where they're going with it after the end of last week's episode.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Save Fringe campaign.

It's time to gather and help save Fringe:

http://www.morethanoneofeverything.net/?p=2365

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    So I like Fringe, I'm about ⅓ through series 3. I'd like to join this discussion but (typing a bit blind) I'm very concerned about spoilers.

I see lots of black boxes which is good news, but I'm not clear from which point in the story the spoilers begin (e.g. I guess a lot of stuff could spoil you if you had only watched a bunch of stuff in series 1, which would prohibit basically any discussion!)

Could someone kindly edit the sub-topic to make clear what the spoiler policy is for this thread? TIA!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Fairly certain on tv shows, everything is game up until the most recent episode. A lot of the spoiler boxes on this page are actually guesses and theories.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I completely lost track and touch with this show after the last long break. So when I turn it on now I'm just baffled.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I didn't really understand the villain in this weeks episode. I must've missed something.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mech View Post
    I didn't really understand the villain in this weeks episode. I must've missed something.
    What do you mean exactly? You didn't understand his motive or you didn't think he was a villain?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    He was a pretty weak "villian of the week", I thought it actually was a pretty weak episode overall. It was awful convenient that the one lady went on about how she didn't actually love her husband but accepted that she wouldn't find love and then ding! Olivia's like "yeah at least I am experiencing love even if I can never act on it with Peter." Sometimes this show has great episodes and I love it, and then there will be an episode that falls completely flat for me and makes me not really care if I see the next episode or two right away
    Last edited by kdrcraig; 03-28-2012 at 03:36 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm not the only one that's assumed from the start thatSpoiler: Peter's been in the right place all along, right? Seemed fairly obvious this is just the world if Spoiler: he had died as a child.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Fixate, I have been thinking that, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandros View Post
    What do you mean exactly? You didn't understand his motive or you didn't think he was a villain?
    I didn't really catch his motive.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    honestly, i'm just happy we got an episode with a happy ending. i love this show, but it's so emotionally draining to end every episode with a painful cliffhanger. so getting that little happy ending was a) a big shock and b) really, really satisfying. now i guess we'll just have to see how long it lasts...

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I didn't really catch his motive.
    Yeah the storyline was a bit off, or as kdrcraig put it, seemed more like a way to have Olivia thinking about love etc. I guess the implication is that his looks (burns, weird skin disease?) didn't exactly make him desirable, so he was trying to find a way to experience the feeling of love. And then share the formula with the world. The formula that in essence disguises you as another person. Whom you have to kill to get his/her pheromones. Which will only affect a person in love with the deceased. Tough to market, if you ask me...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm kinda bummed about it to be honest. When I had heard that actor was going to be on the show as a villain, I was hoping he was going to be a more major player in the story. Oh well.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    This show has lost it's mind again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So the critical moment the watcher observed when he interrupted Walternate from finding the cure for Peter was a red herring and what he was really there for was to create the turn of events that would allow his timeline to come into existence?

Also the show didn't completely ignore all the cannon built up in the first two seasons because a large portion of the events were being manipulated by David Robert Jones and not Walternate?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

oh, sorry. my head exploded from the extreme emotional turmoil this show causes me on a weekly basis. excuse me while i clean up the bits of my brain strewn across the floor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was kind of hoping they would surprise us by making Simon the son of Fauxlivia and blue Lincoln Lee.