Page 21 of 39 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast

Thread: ninwiki

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    Not for me. "Original File" gives me a high resolution image file (if available).
    Fucking hell, I wish I could facepalm myself. Normal behavior for Opera to shave off pixels when running in "Turbo". Thanks.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Also, super nitpicky: Is there a version of the corrected art for "1,000,000" that wasn't a PSB file? I ask because based on the file size listed for the "1,000,000" artwork, it appears that it was incorrectly saved at a quality of 90. The rest of the art is 92. I get a file size of 338 KB (just slightly smaller than "999,999").
    I don't know, but I found your post on page 9 and if you still have the corrected version that you made, feel free to upload it to the wiki.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Why is the album art for NTAE yellow?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    Because Piggy choose yellowish pictures but it's actually black and white from what my vinyl and cd look like

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I feel like it might be worth mentioning on the Beside You in Time (tour documentary, not the song) page that the poster given away at listening parties (and possibly pre-orders? I can't remember how I got mine) was actually the original concept for the cover of the DVD and was conceived as a "live" version of the With Teeth cover, as Rob mentioned on The Spiral (and documented on this Live Journal site). After all, the Bleedthrough artwork is shown on the With Teeth page, as well as the early concepts for The Fragile's cover.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post
    Because Piggy choose yellowish pictures but it's actually black and white from what my vinyl and cd look like
    They do look a bit yellower than they should. In reality they are off-white, but I have tweaked the images to make them less yellow.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I feel like it might be worth mentioning on the Beside You in Time (tour documentary, not the song) page that the poster given away at listening parties (and possibly pre-orders? I can't remember how I got mine) was actually the original concept for the cover of the DVD and was conceived as a "live" version of the With Teeth cover, as Rob mentioned on The Spiral (and documented on this Live Journal site). After all, the Bleedthrough artwork is shown on the With Teeth page, as well as the early concepts for The Fragile's cover.
    Is there a picture of said poster somewhere? I don't think I ever saw it.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    Is there a picture of said poster somewhere? I don't think I ever saw it.
    From the linked LJ page:

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    They do look a bit yellower than they should. In reality they are off-white, but I have tweaked the images to make them less yellow.
    Why not just use the official album art provided by the band?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Why not just use the official album art provided by the band?
    This was discussed like a page ago. The CD version is preferred by the mods as the definitive artwork. I personally would just use the artwork found on nin.com too, but whatever, not that big of a deal.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    This was discussed like a page ago. The CD version is preferred by the mods as the definitive artwork. I personally would just use the artwork found on nin.com too, but whatever, not that big of a deal.
    I agree with that idea. They use the covers on their website that I'd assume they want most associated with the albums. Either way, this is the only cover on the wiki that's a straight photo of the album. I just don't think it looks very good. I think it should either be changed to the official art, or if the cd thing is a super strict rule, then a better scan of the cd version.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Alright, everything has been revamped on NTAE. Main art is back to the main digital art and there's a different version of the vinyl art.

I think I need a drink now...

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Thanks for all your hard work! No more nags from me

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Shouldn't the Vietnam War be added to the Soundtrack section on the front page?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I hate to nitpick, but the icon for NTAE on the front page still appears to be the yellowish scan.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I hate to nitpick, but the icon for NTAE on the front page still appears to be the yellowish scan.
    It looks fixed to me. Maybe it hasn't updated in your cache yet.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Yeah, my browser takes forever to register changed images on the wiki. It'll eventually show you the original icon.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    It looks fixed to me. Maybe it hasn't updated in your cache yet.
    Yep, that was it. Hard refresh fixed it! Also, thanks to whoever took my advice about putting the poster/original artwork up on the halo 22 page!

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    That was me. Forgot to mention it, because I was kind of in a hurry when I did it.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    can I get an edit on the following page since I don't have permissions to do so:

http://www.nin.wiki/NinWiki:Friends

We need to remove the Painful Convictions Link since it's no longer active.

If I can get NIN Catalog - nincatalog.com added on there, since I also help maintain that site, I'd appreciate.

Also, some of the links on the smaller sites section needs to be removed as they are no longer active.
    @piggy , can I get this updated?

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Would love to help you with that if I could and would have done it as soon as you posted about it, but I don't have the authority to edit the "friends" section.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    So now that it's time to start creating pages for shows that have happened, here are the pages I've made for tour stuff.

The festivals leg is here:
    http://www.nin.wiki/Festivals_2018

The Cold And Black And Infinite leg is here:
    http://www.nin.wiki/Cold_And_Black_And_Infinite_Tour

The main hub for 2017-2018 is here:
    http://www.nin.wiki/NIN_2017-2018

Paging @sheepdean... We need some help. We need 2017-2018 tour hub in place of the ICSTWU tour on main page, The Vietnam War Original Score added to main page, and the above tweaks to the friends page. Please and thank you.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    I'd suggest the following tweaks to Friends:

Add to major sites:
    nincatalog.com
    /r/nin
    NIN Tour History (moved from smaller section)
    NIN Live (update name and URL from Reflecting in the Chrome)

Add to smaller sites:
    NinNewsFr

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    So now that it's time to start creating pages for shows that have happened, here are the pages I've made for tour stuff.

The festivals leg is here:
    http://www.nin.wiki/Festivals_2018

The Cold And Black And Infinite leg is here:
    http://www.nin.wiki/Cold_And_Black_And_Infinite_Tour

The main hub for 2017-2018 is here:
    http://www.nin.wiki/NIN_2017-2018

Paging @sheepdean... We need some help. We need 2017-2018 tour hub in place of the ICSTWU tour on main page, The Vietnam War Original Score added to main page, and the above tweaks to the friends page. Please and thank you.
    Could the "Festivals 2018" be renamed to Europe 2018 ? It's the official name, and is more appropriate.

edit : looks like i'm stupid because it includes way more than that. So Europe and Asia 2018 ? There's not only festivals. Or Eurasia if you feel fancy.
    Last edited by StockAvuryah; 06-27-2018 at 09:26 AM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    I'd suggest the following tweaks to Friends:

Add to major sites:
    nincatalog.com
    /r/nin
    NIN Tour History (moved from smaller section)
    NIN Live (update name and URL from Reflecting in the Chrome)

Add to smaller sites:
    NinNewsFr
    @Malechite, can you assist with this?

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post
    Could the "Festivals 2018" be renamed to Europe 2018 ? It's the official name, and is more appropriate.

edit : looks like i'm stupid because it includes way more than that. So Europe and Asia 2018 ? There's not only festivals. Or Eurasia if you feel fancy.
    I went with 'Festivals 2018' because it's still mostly festivals, but I've changed it to 'Europe + Asia 2018' and put the Vegas shows in their own mini leg (like the Alternative Nation dates from 1995.)

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Actualy shirts are focused on europe 2018 and so far there wasn't real fest at all ! (4 dates)

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Some random thoughts:

1. Why do some pages have the ability of a "Show simplified view" in Chrome on Android and some don't?

2. I would love to see a mobile app version of NINwiki much in the same vain as the fandom apps for Marvel and Star Wars. I am sure this would be a pretty big undertaking but it would be cool and easier to access on a mobile device.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    If anyone has any crazy rare logo to share for http://www.nin.wiki/Logo_History, go ahead

(or just normal ones eh, it's a beginning)
    Last edited by StockAvuryah; 07-02-2018 at 12:38 PM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Good job! I was really hoping someone would do this. One thing, though. The Sin and Broken logos are mixed up.