Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: ninwiki

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Yeah, CD is accepted as standard version. Whilst vinyl is prettier, most people buy CD, still. This came up already with Welcome Oblvion's slight artwork variation across the 3 formats, and we settled on CD>Vinyl>Digital, with Deluxe never being used as standard image.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    I changed the thumbnail for TDS to the original art and the one for the HTDA EP to the physical art. I will change the PHM thumbnail as soon as a few more people chime in and there's a clear preference for the original. Also, I need to know if it would look better facing upwards or sideways like in the CD case.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    I vote that PHM should be the original art, sideways, as it was in the CD case.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Sideways, original.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Thanks for your input, guys. It's been changed.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    I feel that the Head like A Hole single artwork should be changed to the UK version. Trent himself said that the UK version was what he wanted the US release to be to begin with.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    I feel that the Head like A Hole single artwork should be changed to the UK version. Trent himself said that the UK version was what he wanted the US release to be to begin with.
    Yeah but it isn't what turned out to be the domestic release so keep it as is imo.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Just put the cover up on ninwiki for Copy Of A (just on the song page) until we determine if it should be made into a promo halo page. In any case, it's been uploaded now:

http://www.ninwiki.com/Copy_Of_A

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    In the Reccuring Lyrics section, BYIT should be in the "I can/can't still feel" section.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I was lurking around the song pages for Year Zero, and I noticed that for Zero-Sum, under the section detailing the Fringe version, the line under the lyrics that says "These lyrics may be incomplete, as the full edit of this version is not currently available" seems kind of misleading. Was there any evidence that suggested a longer version of the Fringe version even exists? If not, this should probably be removed.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    So what should we do about Copy Of A? It isn't a promotional single really, it was just released early. Wikipedia currently has it listed as the next single after CBH, but I don't think so. "Everything" definitely will be though.

How should we categorize this? My OCD is out of control right now because it has cover art!

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    I was lurking around the song pages for Year Zero, and I noticed that for Zero-Sum, under the section detailing the Fringe version, the line under the lyrics that says "These lyrics may be incomplete, as the full edit of this version is not currently available" seems kind of misleading. Was there any evidence that suggested a longer version of the Fringe version even exists? If not, this should probably be removed.
    I didn't even know this existed until now!

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    So what should we do about Copy Of A? It isn't a promotional single really, it was just released early. Wikipedia currently has it listed as the next single after CBH, but I don't think so. "Everything" definitely will be though.

How should we categorize this? My OCD is out of control right now because it has cover art!
    I said this elsewhere on the forum, but there's no way it's an actual single since the NIN camp have not referred to it as such, it's only been called "our new song". As for having cover art, my theory is that each song from the digital album will probably have its own artwork, just like The Slip and Ghosts. So personally, I would just let it fall under the same odd category as "Echoplex", a song that was released on its own, but not as any kind of commercial or promotional item.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I didn't even know this existed until now!
    Wow, it looks like some of the visuals were even inspired by the LITS tour as well.

Is that a different mix? The vocals seem a little more up front...then again the multitracks were available so that wouldn't surprise me.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Wow, it looks like some of the visuals were even inspired by the LITS tour as well.

Is that a different mix? The vocals seem a little more up front...then again the multitracks were available so that wouldn't surprise me.
    It was probably mixed differently because Trent re-recorded the vocals, and he probably wanted them to be more audible because they're completely different.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    I said this elsewhere on the forum, but there's no way it's an actual single since the NIN camp have not referred to it as such, it's only been called "our new song". As for having cover art, my theory is that each song from the digital album will probably have its own artwork, just like The Slip and Ghosts. So personally, I would just let it fall under the same odd category as "Echoplex", a song that was released on its own, but not as any kind of commercial or promotional item.
    I see they are also not referring to "Everything" as a single, so I don't know what the fuck. My reasoning for why "Copy Of A" couldn't be a single just went out the window. I mean, we know that "Everything" is a genuine single since it will have a video and it will have cover art that wasn't borrowed from art we've already seen. My position on "Copy Of A" hasn't changed, but I'm looking like kind of a dumbass right now.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    I see they are also not referring to "Everything" as a single, so I don't know what the fuck. My reasoning for why "Copy Of A" couldn't be a single just went out the window. I mean, we know that "Everything" is a genuine single since it will have a video and it will have cover art that wasn't borrowed from art we've already seen. My position on "Copy Of A" hasn't changed, but I'm looking like kind of a dumbass right now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copy_of_A

"Copy of A" is the second single from the Nine Inch Nails album Hesitation Marks. The single was given away for free on Amazon.com starting August 13, 2013 to anyone with a US or UK account.[2][3] It was also made available to those who had pre-ordered the album from Nine Inch Nails' official online store, together with "Came Back Haunted" in a zip file labeled "Hesitation Marks Singles". The song had previously been played live in concert the summer before the official studio track was released.[4][5][6]

Looks like the wikipedia people are considering CHB, Copy of A and Everything all as singles.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    So, I was listening to the Hyperpower! multitracks to hear what people were talking about, and I realized that the crowd never says hyperpower, they say something like "let them go, leave them alone". Yet ninwiki states that they say hyperpower. I realize that ninwiki isn't going to be 100% right, but I assumed the lyrics came from official sources. I think that lyrics transcribed by ear should have a notice that they are not official. And, of course, the Hyperpower! lyrics should be changed.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    So, I was listening to the Hyperpower! multitracks to hear what people were talking about, and I realized that the crowd never says hyperpower, they say something like "let them go, leave them alone". Yet ninwiki states that they say hyperpower. I realize that ninwiki isn't going to be 100% right, but I assumed the lyrics came from official sources. I think that lyrics transcribed by ear should have a notice that they are not official. And, of course, the Hyperpower! lyrics should be changed.
    Have you signed up for a ninwiki account? You're welcome to make the adjustments yourself

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I do have one, and plan on changing Hyperpower! later, but I don't know what tracks aren't official so I was just putting my thoughts out there for the people who regularly update the site.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    I just listened to the multitrack several times on headphones and my best guess is:

Won't, won't
    They won't go
    No, no
    Leave them alone

Does anyone have some kind of program that could make the chants clearer?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    It's Tren'ts voice saying something like "War, war, fight the war" isn't it?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    "We won't
    (Let?) them go
    ???
    Fight them alone"

That's what I'm getting.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Hey dudes,

Is there any reason why ninwiki takes 1,000,000,000 years to load things? It's taken me about 45 minutes to create one new tour date page.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I'm considering adding the paragraph from 'In The Hills, The Cities' containing the "Stale incense, old sweat and lies..." section to the Sin page.

Good idea or not?

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    I'm considering adding the paragraph from 'In The Hills, The Cities' containing the "Stale incense, old sweat and lies..." section to the Sin page.

Good idea or not?
    Cliver Barker mentioned it not long ago on FB and felt honored that Trent used it, so why not?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Finally finished with the Festival 2013 setlist and songs. Thanks for cleaning up my crappy formatting, Piggy. XD

It's been six years, but hey, I think I'll start going through the songs again and start writing up descriptions. I never did get to "The Only Time"...

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    No problem, GR. I hope no one ever takes offense when I do things like that.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Since Zero-Sum has only partially been performed live, I put The New Flesh on the NIN songs never played live as well, as that too was only partial and missing most of the lyrics.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    So there's been a lot of spamming this week. How should I handle these folks? I tried deleting the contents of one of the pages but, predictably, they just put more crap back on it. Do I delete the pages, do I block the users or do I issue some sort of warning? And if I should give a warning, how do I go about it?