Page 19 of 39 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread: ninwiki

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    I've placed them under the album version since there really isn't much to be said about them. If you guys think they should have their own entries, let me know and I'll tweak my work.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    I've placed them under the album version since there really isn't much to be said about them. If you guys think they should have their own entries, let me know and I'll tweak my work.
    From an organizational standpoint, does it make sense to have, say, Spoiler: "Hurt (Reverse)" listed seperately? You're right, there isn't much description to add at this point. I was just thinking perhaps since it's an officially released work and does vary from the original, it might be worth it's own entry?

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Well, it's a tough call. I also thought that leaving them as a tiny sidenote would help to preserve their status as interesting little surprises for people to find, but maybe there's no need for that. I'm also wondering if they should be on the list of remixes and alternate versions. Anyone else wanna chime in on this and help us decide?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Well, it's a tough call. I also thought that leaving them as a tiny sidenote would help to preserve their status as interesting little surprises for people to find, but maybe there's no need for that. I'm also wondering if they should be on the list of remixes and alternate versions. Anyone else wanna chime in on this and help us decide?
    I don't think a simple reversal is enough to constitute a full other version paragraph, but should definitely be mentioned in their respective songs Album version paragraphs. Then again I can't edit the wiki, so

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    The wiki is a bit undecided overall about this kind of thing. Single and vinyl versions get lumped into the album version description, but radio edits don't, do they? Seems like it needs to be all-or-nothing imo: either list every officially released variation separately, or group things together by halo release and include descriptions for edited/alternate versions under those.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I noticed on this page http://www.nin.wiki/Halo_numbers, there is no reference to Gone Girl whatsoever. Although it does not have a Null number, should it no be referenced much in the same way Juno is?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    I noticed on this page http://www.nin.wiki/Halo_numbers, there is no reference to Gone Girl whatsoever. Although it does not have a Null number, should it no be referenced much in the same way Juno is?
    The thought there is that The Null Corporation wasn't involved in Gone Girl at all; it was published entirely by Columbia, so with no Null number, it's not relevant.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I think Gone, Girl was supposed to be through Null, originally. Since it wasn't, they went ahead and skipped the catalog number and proceeded with Null 04 for Before the Flood. When Patriot's Day comes out on Vinyl, it should be Null 05. And of course, The Vietnam War is Null 06.

If Null re-issues Gone, Girl, somewhere down the line, it should have the Null 03 label.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Senateguard33 View Post
    I think Gone, Girl was supposed to be through Null, originally. Since it wasn't, they went ahead and skipped the catalog number and proceeded with Null 04 for Before the Flood. When Patriot's Day comes out on Vinyl, it should be Null 05. And of course, The Vietnam War is Null 06.
    If Null re-issues Gone, Girl, somewhere down the line, it should have the Null 03 label.
    Now... why aren't we saying the obvious on ninwiki ?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    Now... why aren't we saying the obvious on ninwiki ?
    I concur. Even though it doesn't say Null 03, that's what it's supposed to be. Much like how the UK "Closer" release doesn't say Halo Nine, but everyone knows that's what it is.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Senateguard33 View Post
    I concur. Even though it doesn't say Null 03, that's what it's supposed to be. Much like how the UK "Closer" release doesn't say Halo Nine, but everyone knows that's what it is.
    At least ninwiki has to feed holes in a smaller note. Because wiki is here to say the obvious.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    I've made some changes to reflect what you guys have been discussing.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I've made some changes to reflect what you guys have been discussing.
    How about adding the Vietnam War score to the front page?
    Edit: and adding the new tour date (vegas, Oct 20) to the I Can't Seem to Wake Up page

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Have you considered adding more in depth descriptions of the EP's songs?

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    I'm not able to edit the main page. My authority was inadvertently taken away when the wiki was revamped. Wish I didn't have that problem, as people request main page edits from me all the time and I'd like to be able to oblige them. I have added the new tour date. As for song descriptions, there is someone who typically does those and does a really good job that I wouldn't be able to do. Can't remember who it is at the moment.
    Last edited by piggy; 09-27-2017 at 10:52 PM.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    You edited the warm place page... was thinking about the illandro vocal mix thing... the description has nothing to do with the text along the official download page ? She was saying it was an unofficial mix but trent liked it and invited her in studio ?

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Both paragraphs do reference the Stigmata soundtrack, but I changed the description with some info I gathered from remix.nin.com to make it shorter and more straightforward.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Both paragraphs do reference the Stigmata soundtrack, but I changed the description with some info I gathered from remix.nin.com to make it shorter and more straightforward.
    I see the whole text is included. I guess I simply didn't see that before on my mobile, sorry.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    I posted this in the Fragile Deviations 1 thread. The feedback on it seems to explain it to be legit!
    Here’s something interesting. In the first 18 seconds of “Feeders” there’s a sample of someone whispering “This is it...” then followed by mechanical/machinery like sounds. In the movie “Real Genius” there’sa scene where Mitch dismantled the closet to find Laslo and discovers a sign saying ‘This is it’ which is also whispered by Mitch. It’s in the enclosed clip at the 19 second mark. Is it the same sample? I’m pretty damn sure but I need more ears:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Destruct26 View Post
    I posted this in the Fragile Deviations 1 thread. The feedback on it seems to explain it to be legit!
    Here’s something interesting. In the first 18 seconds of “Feeders” there’s a sample of someone whispering “This is it...” then followed by mechanical/machinery like sounds. In the movie “Real Genius” there’sa scene where Mitch dismantled the closet to find Laslo and discovers a sign saying ‘This is it’ which is also whispered by Mitch. It’s in the enclosed clip at the 19 second mark. Is it the same sample? I’m pretty damn sure but I need more ears:
    That movie is fucking great! Miiiiitch!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    http://www.nin.wiki/In_pop_culture

Film - The Fan

Only "The Art of Self Destruction, Part One" is listed.

"Closer (Further Away)" is used when Gil (Robert De Niro) stabs Primo (Benicio Del Toro) in the sauna.

"Closer To God" is also used but I currently can't remember how/where. It's there.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    That's been added. Thanks.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I don't know where, but maybe the "Better Alone" playlist worth been mentioned, along with its artwork ?

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    I was thinking about doing that myself, actually. I just put up a page for it.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    I back up nin.wiki to archive.org annually. This year's backup is up: https://archive.org/details/wiki-www.nin.wiki-20180313

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    The item is not available due to issues with the item's content.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    We are missing the picture of the scrapped woman in this part :

http://www.nin.wiki/The_Day_The_Worl...g)#Music_Video

Text is mentioning a women, but we have an official picture of this woman back on the first nin.com website, it would be a very nice addition to the wiki ?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    The item is not available due to issues with the item's content.

Thanks for letting me know. I’ll see if I can get that fixed. Last year’s dump is still up, at least.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    We are missing the picture of the scrapped woman in this part :

http://www.nin.wiki/The_Day_The_Worl...g)#Music_Video

Text is mentioning a women, but we have an official picture of this woman back on the first nin.com website, it would be a very nice addition to the wiki ?
    I added that picture

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    question / observation: in listening to some nin.com exclusive remixes that were offered back in the day, I noticed that these version often link back to remix.nin.com which has been defunct for quite some time. Should we remove the link altogether or try to link it back to a WayBack URL?