Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33

Thread: Steven Wilson catch-all thread (Porcupine Tree, No-Man, Blackfield, Bass Communion)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    He makes good music. I don't know why he's not more popular. He is to Britain what Gord Downie was to Canada. Essential listening for sure.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    I think it has to do with the "Prog" tag he's mostly associated with, but in the latest interview i heard "To the Bone" is his best selling album ever, wonder if his status will change in the next several years...

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Weirdly enough in America on the Billboard Album chart it only reached nearly 20 spots below what Hand. Cannot. Erase. did. I don't know what that means in terms of overall sales, but that's not exactly an improvement on the face of it.

I've moved beyond that indignant feeling that his work isn't more well-known. Now that he's on a record label that's overseen by such a huge company like Universal that is allowing him the artistic comfort (coupled with the lessons surely learned from when Porcupine Tree were on Lava) he had before is a relief because it means he can just do what he's been doing but with more solid support behind him.

Somehow, it will all come around and in at least his home territory it's starting to look that way for him. The mere fact he can tour and sell out in places like Mexico, India and other far-flung locations tells me that his work has resonated on an international level.