Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Steven Wilson catch-all thread (Porcupine Tree, No-Man, Blackfield, Bass Communion)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    special record store day 12" release!

Steven Wilson, best known as founder and front man of British rock band Porcupine Tree. Catalogue/Preserve/Amass is a collection of live recordings from the European leg of his recent tour.
    Limited to 2000
    $29.99

more info here

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    QuadrophonicQuad Q&A with SW, covering some interesting items concerning his work with 5.1 mixes for his own music and projects for other artists (he reveals that he's in the midst of working on new mixes for Emerson, Lake & Palmer), in particular his desire to do new stereo and surround mixes of In Absentia and ​Deadwing.
    Last edited by onthewall2983; 04-05-2012 at 06:40 PM.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    hope he finishes te whole King Crimson catalogue, im seeing him live this Friday also woo!

Boo Berry!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    hope he finishes te whole King Crimson catalogue, im seeing him live this Friday also woo!
    have fun seeing him live! i saw him last year and it was fucking incredible.

also, has he said in any interviews how much of the catalogue he's mixing? i would imagine that all we have left is Lark's Tongues, Beat, and Three Of A Perfect Pair, as he's probably not doing the 90s/00s stuff (but i'd love to be proven wrong).

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    have fun seeing him live! i saw him last year and it was fucking incredible.

also, has he said in any interviews how much of the catalogue he's mixing? i would imagine that all we have left is Lark's Tongues, Beat, and Three Of A Perfect Pair, as he's probably not doing the 90s/00s stuff (but i'd love to be proven wrong).
    Thanks bro i will, i saw him in 2010 with Porcupine Tree, but im excited to see him again with this new proyect, i dont know if he's mixing more KC albums, i also heard that Ian Anderson was so pleased with the "Aqualung" remaster that he asked him to do the whole Jethro Tull catalog so who knows? but a "Vrooom" remaster would be fn' awesome...
    Last edited by henryeatscereal; 07-06-2021 at 06:45 PM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    SW is done once the '80s stuff comes out. another engineer is doing THRAK and The Power to Believe (ConstruKction isn't on the list, for whatever reason).

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    SW is done once the '80s stuff comes out. another engineer is doing THRAK and The Power to Believe (ConstruKction isn't on the list, for whatever reason).
    interesting...and odd. why would they skip over ConstruKction? i hope the other two 80s albums and Lark's get finished up and released soon...i'm itching to hear all of them.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Last I heard, Jakko Jakszyk is doing the latter-day KC mixes. He's worked with Fripp on several projects, most notably last year's A Scarcity Of Miracles.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    No ConstruKction??? Dammit!!!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Don't have the article on me, but I think SW declared the obvious and said officially that Porcupine Tree is on hiatus.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    Don't have the article on me, but I think SW declared the obvious and said officially that Porcupine Tree is on hiatus.
    I heard that, and it's obvious he's very pleased with his solo record, in an interview in Mexico he said he's already planning the follow up of "Grace for drowning", so between this and Storm Corrosion, i dont think we'll see a new Porcupine Tree album 'till fall of 2013, bummer

Check this interview, the audio is terrible, but the first question is mine, yay!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    No ConstruKction??? Dammit!!!
    indeed, it would benefit most. maybe Fripp considers it a lost cause, or he just doesn't want Mastelotto to have to re-record the whole record (after all, those MIDI drums are a major pitfall... they were done much better when he integrated straight loops behind his acoustic drumming).

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Six-part interview with SW about a variety of interesting topics.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

First cover on a major American publication

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Funny, the least commercial he becomes, the more success he gets...

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Now on Twitter @StevenWilsonHQ and a new unreleased track on his SoundCloud account "Godfearing".
    Last edited by onthewall2983; 06-24-2012 at 04:53 PM. Reason: Updated song link.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Sweet track, i would love it in a special ed for "Deadwing" (Double with extra tracks videos and 5.1 Audio)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Well, it is free to download. A new surround edition of Deadwing will probably come to fruition, per the article with Steven talking about surround sound and how it's changed since the mixes for both that and In Absentia ​came out.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Just announced he is singing a version of the Gabriel-era Genesis track "Can Utility And The Coastliners" on an upcoming Steve Hackett album, assisted by Mikael from Opeth.

And the good news keeps on coming, the Mexico City concert Blu/DVD is being worked on now with preview material coming soon!

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    And the good news keeps on coming, the Mexico City concert Blu/DVD is being worked on now with preview material coming soon!
    I was on that gig, it was AWESOME one of the best concerts of my life im not exaggerating, it was even better than the 3 other times i saw him with Porcupine Tree!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Here is the front cover for the live "Get All You Deserve" Blu-Ray / DVD. There will also be an edition with the full concert included on 2 audio CDs. Release date is 25th September, more info and preview material soon....

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Screen cap from the show, suddenly very jealous of henryeatscereal.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    ^ Teatro Metropolitan is one of the best concert-venues in town (An old XIX century theatre), can't think of a better place for Steven Wilson, he has used the venue before for his concerts with Porcupine Tree, but i think it fits better for his solo stuff.

Can't wait for this!!!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Forgot to mention this, but No-Man will be playing two live dates in the UK in a few months

August 31st 2012 - Zoetermeer, Netherlands, Boerderij
    September 2nd 2012 - London, UK, Islington Assembly Hall

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I already know the answer to this but...

Is it too much to ask for a Storm Corrosion mini-tour?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    The most I could ever see is Mikael making a guest appearance at one of SW's solo shows and maybe doing a song or two from the album, but that's being hopeful.

Speaking of which, SW has confirmed on Twitter there will be a tour behind his next solo album scheduled for release next spring, and has hinted that it will reach more cities than his first two jaunts.
    Last edited by onthewall2983; 07-02-2012 at 08:32 PM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Pre-Order available from BurningShed

Get All You Deserve, is a high-definition 4 disc (blu-ray, dvd, 2cd) audio-visual set from Steven Wilson.

Filmed in Mexico City and directed by long-time visual collaborator Lasse Hoile during the Grace For Drowning Tour, the set is a superb representation of the spectacular live experience that Wilson and Hoile created for the tour.

Grace For Drowning was the second album released under Wilson's own name, following 2009's exceptionally well-received Insurgentes. The album, released in September 2011, entered the UK top 40 album chart at #34, both the Dutch and German national charts at #22, the US Billboard Rock album chart at #19 (#13 in independent chart) and debuted at #7 in the Polish national charts.

Following the release of Grace For Drowning, Steven embarked on his first ever solo tour, assembling a virtuoso band, featuring Marco Minnemann (drums), Nick Beggs (bass), Theo Travis (flute and sax), Adam Holzman (keys) and Niko Tsonev (guitars), to accompany him. For the shows he worked extensively with Lasse to create a show unlike anything else he had attempted with his other bands, Porcupine Tree, Blackfield, No-Man or Bass Communion.

The shows submerged fans in a rich sensory experience: rear speakers provide surround-sound effects, giant screens show off Lasse's films made specifically to accompany these songs, and cutting-edge lighting designs giving texture to each song.

Get All You Deserve captures one of the key shows from the tour. Recorded at a sold-out Teatro Metropolitan in Mexico City, the gig features tracks from both Wilson's solo albums along with the new, as yet unreleased, track Luminol.

The limited deluxe edition of the 4 disc set (Blu-ray, DVD & 2CD) is packaged in a DVD sized hard-back 40 page book and is now available to pre-order from the Kscope store for the early bird price of £24.99 (+ P&P).

Pre-order now for 24th September 2012 release date.
    1. Intro ('Citadel')
    2. No Twilight Within the Courts of the Sun
    3. Index
    4. Deform to Form a Star
    5. Sectarian
    6. Postcard
    7. Remainder the Black Dog
    8. Harmony Korine
    9. Abandoner
    10. Like Dust I Have Cleared From My Eye
    11. Luminol
    12. Veneno Para Las Hadas
    13. No Part of Me
    14. Raider II
    15. Get All You Deserve
    16. Outro ('Litany')
    Last edited by onthewall2983; 07-08-2012 at 07:12 PM. Reason: Video with corrected audio mix/Updated pre-order link and tracklisting.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    *Cries from happiness*

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    i realize it's YouTube, but goddamn that audio mix is horrible.