Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31

Thread: Steven Wilson catch-all thread (Porcupine Tree, No-Man, Blackfield, Bass Communion)

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Debuted on Billboard at #58.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    RE: IA and DW reissues, keep in mind Steven has already done the work. He just has to get the issue resolved with Atlantic before he can move forward with releasing his new mixes/masterings (or "unmasterings" to be more precise). Hopefully they see the light of day.

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    listening to the new album in 5.1, and i went into it with no expectations of it sounding like his last couple albums, so i'm enjoying it quite a lot, so far. it's definitely more poppy (which i don't usually like out of SW, i prefer him dark, brooding, and experimental) but it's still pretty fucking good.

my only complaint is that the blu-ray that i ordered directly from the SW US store didn't come with a download code (e-mailed or in the case), which is pretty disappointing :/ wouldn't complain if someone wanted to help me fix that

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    How's the documentary? I'm more interested in that, than the surround mix this time.

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    How's the documentary? I'm more interested in that, than the surround mix this time.
    haven't checked it out yet, but the 5.1 mix is great, actually. the couple songs i heard before the album's release were...fine, but in 5.1 they really sound phenomenal.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So I decided to listen to In Absentia and Deadwing on Spotify and noticed the copyright is Kscope 2017. Perhaps physical reissues are coming soon as well!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pulse View Post
    So I decided to listen to In Absentia and Deadwing on Spotify and noticed the copyright is Kscope 2017. Perhaps physical reissues are coming soon as well!
    Burning Shed are being very... coy about it on Twitter.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    For Henry...if only

Last edited by onthewall2983; 09-03-2017 at 02:07 PM.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    For Henry...if only

I'm watching this right before i begin the last episode and i laughed hard; it would be awesome and fitting too, a Lynch/Wilson collaboration would make lots of sense!

I loved when Steven said in an interview that he's enjoying the new season but he was a little behind, wonder if he's watching the finale tonight...

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I'm pretty much turned around on To The Bone now. It's a solid effort, and very much a continuation of what he's been doing, rather than a sharp-left turn so many of us initially thought it might be. It plays to the very edges of his own instincts, but there's really not a whole lot of compromise to be seen.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    finally finished listening to the album last night in 5.1. it was really great.

now if i only had a digital copy to listen to in my car... :: cough cough someone please help me cough ::

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    US Tour announced... with stupid presale code again

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Can anyone point me in the right direction where I can get Staircase Infinities and The Sky Moves Sideways (2016 Remasters)?
    I know they are available on 7digital/ProStudioMasters etc, but non-US customers (even using US-issued credit cards) cannot seem to purchase any of it online if you're outside America.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    Can anyone point me in the right direction where I can get Staircase Infinities and The Sky Moves Sideways (2016 Remasters)?
    I know they are available on 7digital/ProStudioMasters etc, but non-US customers (even using US-issued credit cards) cannot seem to purchase any of it online if you're outside America.
    I bought SI just fine on 7digital's Canadian store. I wish TSMS was 24bit, though.