Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2013.09.21 - Los Angeles, Tension 2013 Rehearsal show

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Discobunny View Post
    Oh I'm not complaining! Far from it.

Yes. The club tour seemed to play everywhere but LA....but I know it had to do w/ Coachella.
    The San Diego show is the only pit I got pulled out of. It was my third show that weekend and that venue was so flipping hot. It was the second to last song and I was done. Trent had already jumped on top of me and surfed through the crowd. It was an amazing energetic show. It was so hot in there there was condensation dripping from the celing.
    Those two shows at SOMA were nuts. Your comment in regards to the condensation on the ceiling is so true, every show I've seen there has been that way with not circulating air and the exit doors propped wide open in an attempt to cool things.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    soooo . . no one knows anyone going to this? i tried searching twitter and looking at the nin.com boards and didn't find anything.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    The CBS contest had only one winner. Perhaps there will be something from the band to give away a few more spots. Maybe another scavenger hunt of sorts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I Find it all very strange that no details whatsoever have leaked for this event? Ain't it interesting how hardly anyone posted post show details about The Troubadour show ? This is NIN /Industry Party number #2 this month...so sad

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RINGFINGER View Post
    I Find it all very strange that no details whatsoever have leaked for this event? Ain't it interesting how hardly anyone posted post show details about The Troubadour show ? This is NIN /Industry Party number #2 this month...so sad
    at least someone posted about the Troubador show. that show was, like, 2% of the size of an arena show. for this show, i think we don't even know the venue, right? could be, like, 20 people watching the show. and it could have just as easily been a rehearsal without a show. none of us are paying to go to the show, so any details are a bonus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m15a View Post
    at least someone posted about the Troubador show. that show was, like, 2% of the size of an arena show. for this show, i think we don't even know the venue, right? could be, like, 20 people watching the show. and it could have just as easily been a rehearsal without a show. none of us are paying to go to the show, so any details are a bonus.
    You do have a great point m15a - I was out at the Troubadour trying to get in and it was messy.There were a great deal of industry heads and hangers on there along with the contest winners,,,I am sure this rehearsal show ill take place at an arena so they could realize the full scope of the new stage show....I hope that some ETS Peeps get into this show this weekend

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    One would think it would be an arena especially if they will be rehearsing the stage set up

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    This rehearsal is supposed to take place at the LA Sports Arena (that's what I remember reading, and its the same venue as they showed the BTS stuff for festival rehearsals).

Chances are this is a VERY private event with only a handful of outsiders, and security is gonna be up your but if you get to go.

Not sure if there's anyone lucky enough on here that went to the LITS rehearsals. Maybe they can chime in on what that was like.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I was at the Troubador show. I posted lots of Vines during the show and a few pics on Instagram. Being that it was such a small show, i mostly wanted to be in the moment and enjoy it. However, I know how incredibly lucky I was to get to go.... Which is why I tweeted the setlist in realtime. There is a tour journal on here for it, and a couple of us posted in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    This rehearsal is supposed to take place at the LA Sports Arena (that's what I remember reading, and its the same venue as they showed the BTS stuff for festival rehearsals).

Chances are this is a VERY private event with only a handful of outsiders, and security is gonna be up your but if you get to go.

Not sure if there's anyone lucky enough on here that went to the LITS rehearsals. Maybe they can chime in on what that was like.
    I was at the LITS rehearsal show. Security was extremely tight. No photos were allowed. With good reason. There are a coupke of photos and set lists out there, but not many. It was held at the LA forum. There were about 300 people there, mostly friends and family and then the contest winners. I won my tickets on KROQ... Which is why I am suprised that they did the Troubador show instead of partnering on the rehearsal. There were contest winners from all over the country, and they were going to see a movie at Hollywood Forever afterward as well.

The coolest thing is I got a poster that says private rehearsal and the date on it. It was numbered too. I am guessing there will be something similar for this one.

Whoever gets to go is extremely lucky...and I can't wait to hear all about it. Still hoping for a treasure hunt or something.

The funny quote from Trent at the Troubador was Thank you for doing whatever humilatiing things you did to get into this show.
    He made a similar comment at the LITS show... Commenting on how much fun they had with the treasure hunt.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Discobunny View Post

The coolest thing is I got a poster that says private rehearsal and the date on it. It was numbered too.

Oh dude, you can't tease us- pics of poster!?!?!?

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    You do have a great point m15a - I was out at the Troubadour trying to get in and it was messy.There were a great deal of industry heads and hangers on there along with the contest winners,,,I am sure this rehearsal show ill take place at an arena so they could realize the full scope of the new stage show....I hope that some ETS Peeps get into this show this weekend
    We have a winner. At or near the end of rehearsals, artists usually do a full tech run - all lighting, sound, video, etc, exactly as it would be for a show, and without stopping. Something goes wrong during? Here's your chance to practice fixing it on the fly. I can't comment on the setlist itself as far as length, songs, etc, but I can tell you that what you'll probably be seeing is the full tech production that will be on the road.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Oh dude, you can't tease us- pics of poster!?!?!?
    http://nincatalog.com/item.asp?key=01-90337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i was thinking about heading down to the sports arena to check it out and see anyone else planing on trying ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by darklotus69 View Post
    i was thinking about heading down to the sports arena to check it out and see anyone else planing on trying ?
    Would the USC game be a problem?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvetica View Post
    Yeah lol good luck getting around. Ill be tailgating, shit is crazy.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvetica View Post
    I don't live in the area, but the USC game starts at 12:30pm and I'm assuming the Rehearsal is around 8pm or so. There shouldn't be a problem by then, but I don't know. Either way it seems like a lame idea to just stand out there hoping for something to happen. I know we're all huge fans here but damn, man.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    So should I keep my eyes peeled or what today?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Last time (2008) the rehearsal was in the afternoon. Its anybodys guess when they will have it.
    But i dont think it will be a case of being able to talk your way in either.
    At the one for LITS, there were KROQ winners, national contest winners and the treasure hunt people. This seems like it will only be out of market contest winners, friends and family.

I am hopeful we will get someone who will report something. I dont want spoilers on the lighting necessarily, but just the overall vibe and some of the setlist would be cool.

At the Troubador show, i was able to trade some vinyl for a plus one.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Looks legit. I don't feel as bad missing out on the US tour / Tension seeing this setlist since it's pretty similar to what we got in Milan. I mean, aside from the new songs obviously... Holding on for the inevitable world tour next year.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    ^^what a great setlist, the only change I would make is to replace 1000000 with Closer (I kind of miss Closer from the last few times I've seen them). Fingers crossed they bring this over to the UK

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Oh God. All Time Low. *grinning*

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Are you sure this is legit? It doesn't look that way. Maybe for this rehearsal, but I doubt that's even close to the final tour setlist. It doesn't look like there's any concept, it's more like Wave Goodbye 2.0. But, if it's legit, they're playing my favorite songs from the new album which is awesome.

What about the album's second hit single Everything though?

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fist Fuck View Post
    What about the album's second hit single Everything though?
    Here's hoping they never, ever play that song live.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Here's hoping they never, ever play that song live.
    I'm confident it will sound good when played live.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Please! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Very pleased to see Please on the list.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OSLIN View Post
    Very pleased to see Please on the list.
    Please + appendage, plz.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Given that the guy who posted that is in Chile, I call bullshit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Im not understanding why everyone automatically assumes this is real. I dont think the setlist will resemble the festival shows even a little bit, plus, I think we'll see at least 25 songs.