Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2013.09.21 - Los Angeles, Tension 2013 Rehearsal show

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Setlist.fm is a bunch of bull... I never trust that site. That is not correct.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    I wouldn't be able to stop sobbing if they pulled out Please in STL.

Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomp252 View Post
    Im not understanding why everyone automatically assumes this is real. I dont think the setlist will resemble the festival shows even a little bit, plus, I think we'll see at least 25 songs.
    Yeah, I'm going with somewhere between "not buying it" and "totally fake" - I was curious about the setlist.fm phenomenon, which had totally passed me by, and thought it was kind of neat until that Troubadour show that got live updates, and an unheralded comedy genius (that's sarcasm) lobbed The Perfect Drug onto the set list.

I'll wait til something shows up on nintourhistory.com, thanks.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    setlist seems legit. no idea why people were expecting this tour to be 10=15 rare never played songs. Its going to be a standard set with a bunch of new songs and maybe 1 or 2 rare ones.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billpulsipher View Post
    setlist seems legit. no idea why people were expecting this tour to be 10=15 rare never played songs. Its going to be a standard set with a bunch of new songs and maybe 1 or 2 rare ones.
    It's not the amount of rare songs. It's the amount of songs period. LITS was usually about 31 songs. Even the festival shows were 20-25 songs. There's no way the arena tour is only going to be 19 (with one of which being pinion/eater of dreams). And it doesn't really fit his usual format with the theatrical middle part but its mostly the length.

And the LITS warm up show was almost identical to the regular shows so it stands to reason this would be the same.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Given that he's touring Hesitation Marks now, there'd also be more from the album.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    I didn't look at the entire setlist from lastfm but there's no way he's starting the show with Me, I'm not.
    Once you have established that, whatever songs are indicated on there is kinda irrelevant.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Seems 100% legit to me, but it also looks like it may be half the set, or missing the very long encore.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    Given that he's touring Hesitation Marks now, there'd also be more from the album.
    Theres 7 songs from Hesitation Marks in that set.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    yeah, seven songs is a completely acceptable amount of new material to play while promoting an album. most bands pepper 4 to 5 of them around classics and singles.

and as for length, the key word here is warmup. if it's an intimate sort of gig with a giveaway, i doubt it would be a full-blown show. ]

not saying it couldn't possibly inaccurate, but it's not like there's a ton of rarities and otherwise bizarre choices in here.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frankie teardrop View Post
    yeah, seven songs is a completely acceptable amount of new material to play while promoting an album. most bands pepper 4 to 5 of them around classics and singles.

and as for length, the key word here is warmup. if it's an intimate sort of gig with a giveaway, i doubt it would be a full-blown show. ]

not saying it couldn't possibly inaccurate, but it's not like there's a ton of rarities and otherwise bizarre choices in here.
    But again. The LITS warmup show was the exact same type of thing with a small crowd and it was a full normal setlist. It's basically a dry run of the show to fix problems so there's no reason to do a different show. This isn't a "show for the fans" like the troubadour show. It's a dress rehearsal with an audience.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    of the 30 LITS songs, 7 or 8 were instrumental interludes like Ghosts and Pinion etc, so I don't really count those as full on songs...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Some food for thought: at the Troubadour show, even the industry people were tweeting about the show / other fans there posted somewhere about it.

No one anywhere has said anything about this show even happening. You have some guy from Chile who posted a "setlist" for this "show" and another guy who snuck up by their rehearsal area and heard a song being rehearsed... No NDA, not even at the threat of Trent punching you in the face, would stop someone from posting anonymously on the internet about it. Take from that what you will.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I'm going with a sixteen year old kid in Santiago being a completely reliable source...

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    then it's probably best at this point to avoid constant speculation and debate about what was and wasn't played until we hear something concrete to confirm or deny...

the irony of this post, in turn, is not lost.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgo View Post
    Some food for thought: at the Troubadour show, even the industry people were tweeting about the show / other fans there posted somewhere about it.

No one anywhere has said anything about this show even happening. You have some guy from Chile who posted a "setlist" for this "show" and another guy who snuck up by their rehearsal area and heard a song being rehearsed... No NDA, not even at the threat of Trent punching you in the face, would stop someone from posting anonymously on the internet about it. Take from that what you will.
    Are you trying to say the show didn't happen?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    Are you trying to say the show didn't happen?
    It's a conspiracy.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billpulsipher View Post
    of the 30 LITS songs, 7 or 8 were instrumental interludes like Ghosts and Pinion etc, so I don't really count those as full on songs...
    I'll give you Pinion an 999,999 as not really counting but the Ghosts songs are as long as any other songs and definitely count. And that puts it at 29 songs vs 18. Even if you're not going to count Ghosts (for whatever bizarre reason) that's 25 vs 18.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

I entered a contest to win a trip to that show that was promoted by the bands official page so I take that as confirmation that it happened. I'm still skeptical on the setlist but not the existence of the show.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm just saying that it probably didn't happen. Even at the past "rehearsal" family/friend shows, we've heard about them happening in some capacity from people attending. Sure, they had an official contest for this, but that doesn't mean that it happened for sure.

Or maybe it was just a couple people who came and just watched rehearsal who have no connection to these forums. Who knows, really.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    I'll give you Pinion an 999,999 as not really counting but the Ghosts songs are as long as any other songs and definitely count. And that puts it at 29 songs vs 18. Even if you're not going to count Ghosts (for whatever bizarre reason) that's 25 vs 18.
    18 songs is NOT at all unreasonable. LITS was especially long for a NIN tour, and those wave goodbye, all-out sets don't count either. NIN shows usually average 20 songs or so.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    I didn't look at the entire setlist from lastfm but there's no way he's starting the show with Me, I'm not.
    Once you have established that, whatever songs are indicated on there is kinda irrelevant.
    They opened with Me, I'm Not and The Great Destroyer before. http://www.nintourhistory.com/concert.php?concertid=685

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    18 songs is NOT at all unreasonable. LITS was especially long for a NIN tour, and those wave goodbye, all-out sets don't count either. NIN shows usually average 20 songs or so.
    If I was the type of person to bet with strangers over the Internet I would bet the show is considerably longer than what was on setlist.fm.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Guess we will just have to wait 5 days to find out.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OSLIN View Post
    Guess we will just have to wait 5 days to find out.
    The Internet wasn't built for patience. It's for arguing.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    It's a conspiracy.
    ninluminati

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Seems like the setlist at setlist.fm was updated 29 minutes ago

Eater of Dreams / Pinion
    Copy of A
    Me, I'm Not
    Sanctified
    Came Back Haunted
    March of the Pigs
    Piggy
    The Frail
    The Wretched
    Find My Way
    Satellite
    (Live Debut)
    All Time Low
    (Live Debut)
    Gave Up
    Please
    The Becoming
    Various Methods of Escape
    (Live Debut)
    Hurt
    Head Like a Hole

Seems pretty legit to me no?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I'm just saying that it probably didn't happen. Even at the past "rehearsal" family/friend shows, we've heard about them happening in some capacity from people attending. Sure, they had an official contest for this, but that doesn't mean that it happened for sure.

Or maybe it was just a couple people who came and just watched rehearsal who have no connection to these forums. Who knows, really.
    there could have been as few as 1 person attending the show that wasn't working on the show. and that's assuming that there was actually a contest winner. and, who knows, maybe that person just wanted a free trip to LA.

i think the best bet in getting confirmation would be to ask people that were around early for the USC game, which is supposedly when it happened. i'm actually a little surprised that no one bugged that random guy that tweeted about it. (although that might be kind of rude, i dunno what the twitter etiquette is.)

this may or may not be from the "show", so i don't know if it's confirmation: https://twitter.com/rob_sheridan/sta...630656/photo/1

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Damn that's a lot of Kinect action.. Also that set looks incomplete. Rehearsal wise, those are probably just the ones they need to lock down either from a musical or visual standpoint. I can't imagine going to a full scale NIN show and not seeing Closer or Terrible Lie. Earlier the guy on twitter remarked that THTF was also played. I don't see that on the list. Maybe I'm getting these recent rehearsals confused. Has there been more than one (with attendees) in the past week?
    Last edited by LOVEANDZOMBIES; 09-23-2013 at 02:04 PM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    The last time NIN did a major North American tour with a static setlist and a setlist as long or shorter than what was posted for this show was the first leg of the Self Destruct tour.