Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Geopolitical Conflict News

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Isn't Russia kind of alone in this potential fight though?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Russia is the biggest threat for the next president by far. Russia has been brutal in Syira recently.
    Highly doubt Putin will go to war with Nato. But he will still be really dangerous. Im certain Ukraine will escalate again soon.

Hillary Clinton will be tougher but it will probably result in Vlad resorting to further thuggish atrocious behaviour in response. He despises her deeply.
    The most disturbing aspect of Trumps entire presidential campaign has been his relationship with Russia...i acctually agree Nato has at points disregarded Russias point of view and maybe over stepped its agreed boundaries.
    But i dont think Trump fully understands what Vladimir wants to impose on the world. Autocracy, etc.
    I just think Trump is too much of a fucking plank to be able to deal with Putin.

They need to find some sort of middle ground. But i dont know if this is possible.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    Isn't Russia kind of alone in this potential fight though?
    So far, and as far as we know. Ignoring any potential allies in case of larger conflict, Russia being alone isn't really a comforting thought.

The thing is, you can't really know which alliances will rise before a situation escalates, not at our level of knowledge anyway. It entirely depends on Russia's stand and claims, on the situation triggering the potential conflict, and on its adversary's own attitude and claims.
    Russia won't have the same alliance if a conflict escalates due to what's happening in Syria or because of Ukraine, if it's butting heads with NATO or if it's a matter of solidifying its alliances in the middle east. Or all of it. Similarly, depending on whether Europe feels threatened or if it's a move against the US strategy in Africa, the players in the conflict wouldn't be the same, or equally involved.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    it wouldn't surprise me, @Archive_Reports , if the shit hits the proverbial fan, russia would be backed by China, and possibly Iran, and even North Korea.
    Alone, most of those countries are small potatoes, but some of them have nukes, and together they could create a chilling alliance.

I think that people should be paying more attention to this.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    A brief update on the WWIII front.

The United States has begun deploying attack drones in South Korea.

This follows the deployment of THAAD missile defense system. I'm not much for fear-mongering but let's just say that tension has ramped up in this particular area.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Yeah thanks to the maniac in North Korea, ugh.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Yeah thanks to the maniac in North Korea, ugh.
    not to mention the idiot oompaloomppa man child in the oval office, will not end well
    -Louie

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie_Cypher View Post
    not to mention the idiot oompaloomppa man child in the oval office, will not end well
    -Louie
    I don't think Cheetoh wants to go to war, but Nikki Halley says we want N Korea to stop their demonstrations of aggression and isn't listening to China.

To be fair, N Korea IS a real threat to our allies in S Korea and Japan.
    Last edited by allegro; 03-13-2017 at 12:20 PM.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I don't think Trump wants to go to war necessarily, but Bannon probably does, and I could see, as time goes by and his popularity fails to rise, him pushing at Trump to get into a conflict since war time presidents always are favored more come time for reelection. It's the exact kind of move I could see him making, but I'm hoping I'm wrong.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    I don't think Cheetoh wants to go to war, but Nikki Halley says we want N Korea to stop their demonstrations of aggression and isn't listening to China.

To be fair, N Korea IS a real threat to our allies in S Korea and Japan.
    China is also a problem for the US. The South China Sea is a cause for headaches.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    i believe this to be true and scary http://www.salon.com/2017/01/07/dona...d-an-election/
    -Louie

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Ok, bump bump, missiles flying, motherfucking proxy war.

Was Assad's chemical attack the first shot of World War 3?

Who is Prepared For Assault? :P

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Ok, bump bump, missiles flying, motherfucking proxy war.

Was Assad's chemical attack the first shot of World War 3?

Who is Prepared For Assault? :P
    US aircraft-led strike groupe heading towards Korean peninsula.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/08/politi...ula/index.html

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    more DJT diversion

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie_Cypher View Post
    more DJT diversion
    is that what all this is? I must admit, the thought has crossed my mind.
    Like, wait a minute...when did this asshole start caring about the plight of the Syrians?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    is that what all this is? I must admit, the thought has crossed my mind.
    Like, wait a minute...when did this asshole start caring about the plight of the Syrians?
    the only thing trump cares about is lining the pockets of him and his friends
    -Louie

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    i doubt he could point to Syria on a map
    -Louie

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    China is also a problem for the US. The South China Sea is a cause for headaches.
    of course he does it's the ultimate distraction yhe myth of war driving markets/economy and of course nationalism you think of the laws that W pushed through during iraq. not to mention the ehole market meltdown you can bet half of his admistration goldman sach's would love war so the could finish the job they started, like i say pay attention and wake up!!
    -Louie

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    if it wasn't a distraction what di it acomplish? planes shown taking off from air base the next day 57 million spent for?
    -Louie

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    here's yet one more issue we don't because of his financial holdings and withholding investment information how do we know he didn't enrich himself with the literal press of the button "damn it's good to be king" for all those nervous about ISP"s selling your browser info this is an interesting approachhttp://ruinmysearchhistory.com/
    -Louie

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I feel like Trump wants to purposely throw the US economy into a recession, so he he can use Russian investment money to buy up property in the US at discount, and what better way to do that then to start a war that the next administration will have to deal with.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Right now, I'm fairly convinced that Trump will attack North Korea's nuclear facilities.
    Trump saw the approval ratings bump following the attack on Syria and I think he's gonna gun for NK next.
    It'll get more praise from the ne-cons and some Dems.

What the consequences of an attack on NK will be are anyone's guess though. No way NK has the capabilities of launching a nuclear strike on the US. However, South Korea could be an easy target.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    New US-led airstrikes against Pro-Assad convoy which included one tank.

The timing of this attack is quite amusing considering what's happening on this continent.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    I guess this is fitting for this thread.

Doomsday clock now at 2 minutes to midnight.

First time since 1953 when the US and Russia tested their first nuclear devices.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I just hope Arnold Schwarzenegger comes down under to shield us from bombs with his massive calves and biceps, flex that wing-age muscles...buuuuddeee :P

btw Arnie should Make Austr-ia/-alia Great Again. He can do it! When the aftermath happens he can go back to the USA and become POTUS.

I'd vote for him, but I'm aussie. (Oi Oi Oi)

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    So it appears the NK situation is resolving itself. With Pompeo and Bolton, the most likely target would appear to be Iran. With Trump imminent withdrawal of the Iran deal, the next step would be surgical strikes to Iran nuclear facilities. Joint operation with Israel I would assume because I don't see any other countries joining in.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    i find it funny how a country of 8 million people and 0.001 percent the size of America has such a dominance over the worlds only mighty superpower....and made America look like a little bitch..

you have literally sided with Israel over Germany, UK, France, China and Russia its insane....you cant do anything about it though,

and you wonder why every arab state hates you..everyone is turning to China.

you need to prioritize....but you cant.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Exocet View Post
    i find it funny how a country of 8 million people and 0.001 percent the size of America has such a dominance over the worlds only mighty superpower....and made America look like a little bitch..

you have literally sided with Israel over Germany, UK, France, China and Russia its insane....you cant do anything about it though,

and you wonder why every arab state hates you..everyone is turning to China.

you need to prioritize....but you cant.
    it's not US though. please don't include ME in the actions of american politicians.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Obviously it's a shame he pulled out of the deal, but it is still going forward. And imagine how mad that must make him

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Obviously it's a shame he pulled out of the deal, but it is still going forward. And imagine how mad that must make him
    and that's fucking awesome. It's great to see him shoot himself in the foot