Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: The Netflix Thread

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Raw isn't as bad as Delirious. I think Raw is also funnier than Delirious, but I saw it IN THE 80s so my opinion may be tainted by the 80s.
    There are several bits in Raw are amazing. Ice Cream and his story about his Dad being drunk was hilarious. I wish he would have another go at stand up and stick with stories like that- he's really funny with that stuff.

On the third episode of Orange Is The New Black...

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    As a kid I memorized just about every bit off of my Raw cassette tape. I can still just about word for word recite the drunk dad bit. I was a lonely kid.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sentient02970 View Post
    As a kid I memorized just about every bit off of my Raw cassette tape. I can still just about word for word recite the drunk dad bit. I was a lonely kid.
    I saw "Delirious" at a movie theater in the West Bank area of NOLA in 83 LOL.

My fave was the Michael Jackson imitation: "Tito, get me some tissue."

Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    There are several bits in Raw are amazing. Ice Cream ...
    Ice Cream Man is from Delirious

Eddie really was funny, damn, wtf happened to him.
    Last edited by allegro; 06-19-2014 at 09:57 PM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I love the Ice Cream man bit. That put me in tears as well as some of the movies he did in the 80s. What did happen to him?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    I love the Ice Cream man bit. That put me in tears as well as some of the movies he did in the 80s. What did happen to him?
    I dunno, man, but it bums me out, he was so funny
    Last edited by allegro; 06-19-2014 at 11:27 PM.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    I saw "Delirious" at a movie theater in the West Bank area of NOLA in 83 LOL.

My fave was the Michael Jackson imitation: "Tito, get me some tissue."

Ice Cream Man is from Delirious

Eddie really was funny, damn, wtf happened to him.
    Right, right. I had watched all of Delirious and faded out with Raw.

I think Eddie got married, had kids, and thought his talent was doing those films where he plays more than one role. It'd be nice if he tried a bit of standup again.

I liked him in Shrek. He has it in him to be funny again.

Oh, binge watched Orange Is The New Black. We predicted half the plot turns. Still like the characters.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Watched the entire season of Ramsay's Best Restaurant over the past few days. Now I'm finding myself shopping for food I wouldn't have normally batted an eye at.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Oh, hey, the Ink Master show was pretty damn cool...you know, a reality show, survivor or american idol style, but with tattoo artists.
    I just don't understand why the fuck dave navarro gets to be a judge. I swear he will do anything to be on tv for a minute. Shut up and play your guitar, you pretentious...ahhh i'll shut up. i LOVE jane's addiction, he just gets on my damn nerves!
    but the show was well entertaining.

The new Bonnie and Clyde was really badass.

And The Source Family, about the cult, is awesome. It's a new take on a doc about a cult, told mostly by members who were NOT disgruntled, who did NOT leave...it gives it a wildly different tone.

@sentient02970 , what is the Restaurant show all about?

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    The bonnie and clyde movie is great.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Just got the Hola Unblocker add-on for Firefox so I can watch all of the shit we don't get on Canadian Netflix. Currently going through all of the great stand-up specials I've been missing, wish I got this thing a long time ago!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Through the magic of Hola Unblocker I got a subscription last night (Netflix is otherwise completely inaccessible in Australia). This is fantastic! I feel like a bit of a chump for wasting so much money on the overpriced and under-delivering monopolistic excuse for subscription TV we have Down Under.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xmd 5a View Post
    Through the magic of Hola Unblocker I got a subscription last night (Netflix is otherwise completely inaccessible in Australia). This is fantastic! I feel like a bit of a chump for wasting so much money on the overpriced and under-delivering monopolistic excuse for subscription TV we have Down Under.
    Dude, welcome to the coolest tv set-up in the world.
    I fucking love netflix. It may not have all the hot new movies, but it is chock full of great documentaries, independent movies you wouldn't otherwise know about, and tv series you can sink your teeth into.

Lore and i plugged in our roku box like 2 years ago and haven't watched regular tv since.

Does anyone else use roku?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Dude, welcome to the coolest tv set-up in the world.
    I fucking love netflix. It may not have all the hot new movies, but it is chock full of great documentaries, independent movies you wouldn't otherwise know about, and tv series you can sink your teeth into.

Lore and i plugged in our roku box like 2 years ago and haven't watched regular tv since.

Does anyone else use roku?
    This is the first time I've heard someone talk about Roku without anything negative to say about it. Never used it myself, but everyone I know who has used it seemed to really dislike it.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ibanez33 View Post
    This is the first time I've heard someone talk about Roku without anything negative to say about it. Never used it myself, but everyone I know who has used it seemed to really dislike it.
    i fucking LOVE my roku.
    i don't understand what could possibly be bad about it...
    700+ channels of movies and music, and a shitload of them are free...
    it's damn near my favorite thing i have ever owned.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I'm regularly watching Star Trek: The Next Generation, one of my most compulsively watchable shows ever. I love the mix of smart, serious ideas and pure, unapologetic cheese, sometimes in the same episode. The distinct way they combine the two is something I miss in the new movies, which are geared more to the modern blockbuster audience. The show continues to be a lot of fun, through the good and bad episodes.

Just saw Sound City, which has some great scenes of world-class musicians jamming. I always enjoy seeing footage of musicians I like going through the process of creation, and this has some good stuff. I'd like to see that Reznor/Grohl/Homme combo keep going and see what more they can come up with.

Triplettes of Beleville is streaming, which I like, but more so for its art and animation style than its story. I wish there were more animation films that try to give themselves a distinct look like this does. They do show up every once in a while, like this, or Mind Game, or Wizards. Animation is, in a way, the genre with the most potential for creativity, but the one that limits itself the most.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ibanez33 View Post
    I've tried every other channel but Netflix (like PBS or FOX) and it just sits and says "fetching data" every time I select a show to watch. I'm not real happy with it yet.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Millionaire View Post
    Just saw Sound City, which has some great scenes of world-class musicians jamming. I always enjoy seeing footage of musicians I like going through the process of creation, and this has some good stuff. I'd like to see that Reznor/Grohl/Homme combo keep going and see what more they can come up with.
    Or they could just get Trent in on the next Them Crooked Vultures album. Awww yesss that'd be amazing.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Conspiracy was the shit, especially if you like conspiracy theory.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I've tried every other channel but Netflix (like PBS or FOX) and it just sits and says "fetching data" every time I select a show to watch. I'm not real happy with it yet.
    oh and...that blows!
    i'm sorry. perhaps your wifi is not strong enough? i swear to god my roku is like my favorite thing ive ever owned other than musical equipment

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    the believer is pretty interesting, about a Jew who is a neo-nazi.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Vudu > Netflix all day every day

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Peep Show is hilarious!

Can't go wrong with a sitcom with Harvey Danger's Flagpole Sitta as the theme song!

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenly_bearded View Post
    Vudu > Netflix all day every day
    But don't you have to pay movie by movie on Vudu? i used it a few times when i had some free access codes. I like netflix because it is only $8 a month. And because they don't get all the big releases, i wind up finding and watching independent gems that i wouldn't have otherwise known about.

A Teacher was a really cool indie movie about a hs english teacher having an affair with a student.

Snow on Da Bluff is back on, and i HIGHLY recommend it. It is a hyper-real gangster movie done in found footage style.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    But don't you have to pay movie by movie on Vudu? i used it a few times when i had some free access codes. I like netflix because it is only $8 a month. And because they don't get all the big releases, i wind up finding and watching independent gems that i wouldn't have otherwise known about.

A Teacher was a really cool indie movie about a hs english teacher having an affair with a student.

Snow on Da Bluff is back on, and i HIGHLY recommend it. It is a hyper-real gangster movie done in found footage style.
    Vudu is a free service but you have to either buy the movies direct or link an Ultraviolet account. I have friends that collect blu rays and don't use uv so they give be their codes. Or you can buy them on forums for $1-$5. Way bigger selection. New releases. I have a 70" Sony 3d smart tv and Netflix runs most of their stuff in 720 or even 480, not good enough for me. Vudu offers 1080p on almost everything and is almost blu ray quality. I have 6 accounts all linked, 8 devices per account. So 48 devices I can stream from. A ton of people use my account. If you want to try it out I can give access to my secondary account. Not as much as my main account but there is still over 2000 movies and 50 tv series. Just drop me a pm.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    @sentient02970 , did you ever get yer roku going?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Just watched Velvet Goldmine for the first time last night w/the gf. Loved that movie.

I'm also a big Placebo fan, and I've known that they were in a movie but didn't know that it was this one. Loved getting to see them play a song as well.

Such a good original score too!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    @sentient02970 , did you ever get yer roku going?
    I hadn't retried PBS or FOX since the slow performance issues. I also hadn't tried since my internet provider upgraded my hardware so I'll have to give it another go.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I hadn't retried PBS or FOX since the slow performance issues. I also hadn't tried since my internet provider upgraded my hardware so I'll have to give it another go.
    let me know if you get it going...we haven't watched regular tv in two years...roku only.

i can turn you on to which channels are good.

edit:which channels WE like anyway

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    @elevenism Thanks!

Actually I'm not that much interested in the FOX channel anymore now that Netflix has COSMOS. That was all I wanted that for anyway.