Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39
Results 1,141 to 1,151 of 1151

Thread: How fucked was your day?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    today i got a call from the group home that my brother and i established as his new home (long story, mental illness is a bitch and i love my brother)
    my brother has been refusing his meds for over a month and now he is spiraling and crisis is imminent, that's his cycle
    (he has schizophrenia, and i am his keeper so-to-speak)
    given the choice between what i want to do and what i should do....
    my brother wins n Riot Fest is for another day.
    *sigh*

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Drama at work. Caught in the crossfire between several people. Shit gets rough.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Billing nightmare. I need help. Someone please help me. God.......

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    my dog's brother hasn't jumped back... he walks away from petting. He'll lie around crying. Saddest fucking thing I've ever seen.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    A man turned in front of me yesterday causing our vehicles to collide. The whole thing was terrifying as my children were in the car. My children were unharmed. Everyone is mostly ok. My vehicle protected me. the seatbelt tighten and the air bag went off. The seat belt has left me sore and bruised. The air bag burned my hand and now my thumb is blistering. I might seek medical attention tomorrow for it. The fucked part is that today I called dudes insurance only to find out he's most likely uninsured. My vehicle is a lease and practically brand new. Our insurance has provisions for this but I'm still shocked that someone can do this in the modern age.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    You're supposed to have insurance but good luck getting that enforced. My wife was hit while on her bicycle and the lady said, as she pulled away, "I'm not stopping because I don't have insurance!" My wife got the license and the police didn't even bother hunting her down. Said it wasn't important.

Luckily it was just a knock down, and a slow one at that, but Holy shit the nerve.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    You're supposed to have insurance but good luck getting that enforced. My wife was hit while on her bicycle and the lady said, as she pulled away, "I'm not stopping because I don't have insurance!" My wife got the license and the police didn't even bother hunting her down. Said it wasn't important.

Luckily it was just a knock down, and a slow one at that, but Holy shit the nerve.
    Glad your wife's OK. That's fucking bullshit!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post

That's horrible. I can't imagine not stopping for someone who might be in pain and need help. Glad she was ok. I'm going to call the officer who's working on the report but I'm not expecting much.

I'm trying to get over it today and focus on the positives. I bought a thank you card for the stranger that was so kind and helped me with my kids.

I went to the doc and my thumb has a second degree burn from the chemical that makes the air bag pop. They gave me a silver something cream in a little tube. They said my health insurance won't cover anything accident related since someone else is liable. The cream is prescription and kind of expensive so that's why she repackaged it for me as a little sample. Luckily the area is small and I don't need a lot of it. Our health system is so fucked up tho. My insurance should cover a prescription that I need. Period. That even being an issue is just annoying. We pay so much for our health plan. It should cover my health needs.

This whole situation has messed me up in the head as I've already suffered a near fatal accident many years ago. That accident killed my mother and I had to have multiple reconstructive surgeries. The effects lasted for years physically and emotionally. This accident has brought up all the fears. I'm going to see arcade fire tonight so at least I have some therapy.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Last night, some street harassment escalated to this dude shoving his phone at me, TOUCHING MY FACE WITH IT AND HIS HAND.

This shit usually does not bother me anymore, but for some reason I froze up and panicked. I went into the bodega that we were in front of and he went in the other door. Got into it with the guy behind the counter about me... I'm fucking crying and being a baby. They make him leave and then the bodega guy walked a few blocks with me.

Not sure why this got to me so much more than normal. Uuuugh.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    The family has decided to come to Scotland for my graduation which I was really excited about because they have never once visited me in all the years I have been away from home. So my sister and I have been planning a bunch of things to do. She was planning to stay longer so we could go on a big hiking trip after the parents leave.
    Guess who just broke the news that she is pregnant?? And guess what's almost exactly 9 months from now?? My graduation. No big deal it's not like I'm becoming a doctor or anything... actually wait, I am
    Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for her but I know she won't be travelling to see me and knowing my parents they would rather be home to support her than me. Just annoyed that once again the middle child gets screwed over in favour of the first born.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    As a middle child, I feel your pain.