Page 36 of 69 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 2042

Thread: How fucked was your day?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Thank you... This has been incredibly hard. I picked him up from the doctor, and he's in shock but cheering up.

I asked the doctor if there was anything I could do. He gave me this sinister look and said "If he likes cheeseburgers, give him a cheeseburger. If he likes to walk on the beach, take him to the beach. If you think he loves you, love him back. That's really all you can do. Normally, no people food is the rule, but... that won't beat him to the finish line here. Make him happy and make him feel loved."

I gotta stop crying...
    just make the most of out the rest of his time with you. treat him like a king. it's going to be hard no matter what. :: sending you all the hugs :: <3

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    @Jinsai , I had to put my doggy down on April 25th. She was diagnosed with cancer last July, she lasted WAY longer than the vets expected. We treated her like she was in "Doggy Hospice" the whole time, spoiled her and made sure she was as comfortable as possible until "the time" would come where we'd have to make the "decision." I lived with constant anxiety, wondering how I would know, if I could handle it, etc. Things turned VERY fast, and I was making the decision suddenly; the finality gutted us, and I felt guilty for weeks, read a bunch (too many) pet-loss and grieving books.

The biggest advice I can give is: I highly recommend researching at-home euthanasia in your area. It was TOTALLY worth the added expense, if you can afford it. My dog passed away at home, in a dog bed (actually, it was her sister's cat bed but sister kitty didn't mind, kitty actually stayed with me and watched our dog transition) and my dog left the house in that bed. I did research in advance so I wouldn't be doing it at the time, when there is no time and I most likely wouldn't be firing on all cylinders. I used Pet Loss At Home, they were awesome.

My heart goes out to you, this is the hard part about loving: saying goodbye.

Two weeks after my dog died, my mom's (best friend) kitty was sick and I had to help put her down.

My Mom looked at me, her late cat there in front of us, and through tears she said, "honey, this is hard, but life is hard; and this is part of life."

It's stayed with me. Nearly all our family is gone, as is G's. The kitty who was with me when my dog passed was since diagnosed with cancer.

@Swykk , my condolences in the loss of your grandpa. So sorry.
    Last edited by allegro; 06-29-2017 at 11:17 AM.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    @allegro , thank you, and I'm sorry you had to go through that. Your mom's right though, this is part of life. I feel like I've reached some kind of acceptance. Today I can probably get through without dwelling on it constantly. I was sort of selfishly terrified that I was going to be panicking constantly, waiting for the other shoe to drop... but you'd never know he was sick from how he's acting for the most part.

The local vet, if your pet is part of their "family," will come to your house to help put him/her down when the time comes. My last dog they didn't charge me, and then sent me a follow-up Hallmark card. It was nice of them, as horrible as the whole thing was. Silver lining here is that this apparently isn't causing him pain, and that when it takes him out, it should be quick and mostly painless. If it gets complicated and he starts suffering, I'll put him down.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    And, with that, my good friend just died after a five year plus battle with cancer. He's no longer suffering.

In other news, fuck everything.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    @Swykk , so sorry, my condolences. He fought the good fight.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    And, with that, my good friend just died after a five year plus battle with cancer. He's no longer suffering.

In other news, fuck everything.
    I'm sorry...

Hang in there and try to stay positive... this has been a dark test of a year. We're overdue for some good news, surely.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    This is on a different, less awful, level to some of the stuff that has been discussed on this thread, but it was fucked anyway.

I live in a shared house (each person has their own room with it's own bathroom and some of kitchens) with about 10 other residents.
    Yesterday i opened one of my drawers and a rat leapt out before running to the bathroom and slipping into one of the many open holes the landlord has failed to cover up.
    I reported it and the landlord (rather then doing anything to get rid of said rodent) offered me one of the other larger rooms in a property a few houses down. When i went to see it (same day) the place (that had just become available as the resident moved out the day before) was a dump and clearly being used by a junkie (the amount of used needles, the smell of weed and just state of the place) and i just wanted to cry. There was a sock on the ceiling...somehow, i didn't want to ask.

I've now spent the first hour of my work day looking for rat traps and hoping i can find a new place with the limited money i have.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    woke up today to find my dog covered in vomit again, rushed him to the vet... they say it's not good, and offered to put him down now, or to drain the fluid again. We opted for the latter, but now we know that we need to put him to sleep before he gets uncomfortable again. So much for the possibility of him making it for a few more months, it's looking more like we're going to need to do this in a couple days.

Fuuuuuuuuuuck this... And now I've gotta go handle sound and DJ a wedding. Game faces everyone...

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    woke up today to find my dog covered in vomit again, rushed him to the vet... they say it's not good, and offered to put him down now, or to drain the fluid again. We opted for the latter, but now we know that we need to put him to sleep before he gets uncomfortable again. So much for the possibility of him making it for a few more months, it's looking more like we're going to need to do this in a couple days.

Fuuuuuuuuuuck this... And now I've gotta go handle sound and DJ a wedding. Game faces everyone...
    So, sorry, man, you're in my thoughts. It just sucks.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)

I'm so sorry about what you're going through. It's just awful.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I wish we could replace the Facepalm button with a Sad button.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    @Jinsai so sorry. hope you get to enjoy your time with him <3

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I accidentally fell in love with someone. Then I did everything I could think of to fall out of it as quickly as possible. Never going there again. I hope he didn't figure out that I had feelings for him. Not sure if he felt the same.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boots View Post
    I accidentally fell in love with someone. Then I did everything I could think of to fall out of it as quickly as possible. Never going there again. I hope he didn't figure out that I had feelings for him. Not sure if he felt the same.
    Not to be that guy, but you may have just done yourself a huge disservice

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    @Jinsai I'm so so very sorry. Try to enjoy the time you have left with him. Tell him how much you love him. He'll understand. <3

As for my fucked up day: I moved into my new apartment last week, got cable and Internet connected; insane high speed and upload/download unlimited only to be faced by a BSOD when opening my computer. Something called "bad pool header". Managed to enter it in safe mode which is better than nothing since I don't have money to buy a new one yet. First world problem, I know but I need the sucker to make my address changes and to pay my rent, among other things.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    try some of these solutions: http://www.wiki-errors.com/how-to/blue-screen.php
    -Louie

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Thanks, @Louie_Cypher ! <3

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    you're most welcome glad I could help, I hate oh what good luck, oh what bad luck situations, I've got super fast internet!, my computer died, <sad trombone>
    -Louie

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I discovered why people lurk at message boards instead of posting. They're either too busy or they've had truly AWFUL experiences at other websites.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    totally fucked week best friend found collapsed in his kitchen on life support, all week spent at the hospital nerves are frayed, everyone starting to attack each other no family left being forced to make the tough decisions, like weather to pull the plug organs all that, no will that i know of yeah we hung out a lot, doesn't mean i can read his mind, his nephew is coming in today who is special forces may he is better, conditioned to deal in crisis situations I'm going to take a break try and center re group and deal
    -Louie

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie_Cypher View Post
    totally fucked week best friend found collapsed in his kitchen on life support, all week spent at the hospital nerves are frayed, everyone starting to attack each other no family left being forced to make the tough decisions, like weather to pull the plug organs all that, no will that i know of yeah we hung out a lot, doesn't mean i can read his mind, his nephew is coming in today who is special forces may he is better, conditioned to deal in crisis situations I'm going to take a break try and center re group and deal
    -Louie
    i'm so sorry, louie. i hope things get better.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    One of my friends keeps giving me Toblerone bars. I get really sick when I eat a lot of chocolate. Maybe it's the same thing that happens to dogs.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    4/25 - my dog was euthanized

5/11 - my mom's cat was euthanized

8/4 - my cat was euthanized

I was there for all of them as Chief Facilitator and Support; I held my cat while he was euthanized.

It's been a really bad several months.

FUCK CANCER

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    @Louie_Cypher I'm so sorry about your friend.
    @allegro That's horrible. My heart breaks for you and your mom. I'm so sorry for your losses.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Thanks, @marodi

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    4/25 - my dog was euthanized

5/11 - my mom's cat was euthanized

8/4 - my cat was euthanized

I was there for all of them as Chief Facilitator and Support; I held my cat while he was euthanized.

It's been a really bad several months.

FUCK CANCER
    I've been sitting here waiting for the other shoe to drop. It's agonizing...

My poor Charlie Charcharz...

We thought it was going to happen weeks ago, but then I started giving him these medical marijuana CBD dog treats, and ever since he's been hanging in there and looking happy as ever. Every day has been gut-wrenching for me.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Last fall, my cousin died very suddenly from something that I lived through. Now, my other cousin (his brother) just found out that his daughter has leukemia. She got lifeflighted from South Dakota to Omaha and now they're just kinda waiting.

Apparently if it is the infant kind, that usually only lasts until about six months. So if she has that kind, it does not sound good at all. If she has the adult kind, then the prognosis is much better. They did a bone marrow test the other day (uuuuugh), and today they were supposed to do a spinal tap to see if the cancer has spread to her cerebral fluid. They also placed a port today to start up chemo.

This poor family, man. How heartbreaking. Enough is enough.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I'm so sorry, @Sarah K , that's so sad.
    @Jinsai , it really is awful, we take on the responsibility of our pets and they become our fur babies and we commit ourselves to being loving and reliable caregivers and then we can't stop this illness from taking them.

It's bad when it's a pet, I can't even begin to imagine what it's like when it's your own child, like with Sarah's family. It's all so fucking bad. It's beyond heartbreaking. It's just indescribable grief, either way.
    Last edited by allegro; 08-06-2017 at 10:25 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    had to lay my best friend john"Zeke" h. to rest thank for all the great times inside jokes, good food movies on sat nights shitty rounds of golf, bitching about the industry, hipsters ruining everything and the sudden lack of anchor steam on tap. You were one in a million, and will be sorely sorely missed, hope i did right by you with the service, seat of the pants, ya know, i hope you are at peace and at rest, if not "I guess you can haunt me. keep a toadstool warm for me, until next time
    -Louie

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    @Louie_Cypher , so sorry for your loss. I'm sure you did right by your friend and did a great job. And I think your friend is in a much better place with scantily-clad hula dancers and golf games and beer.