Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
Tea, from someone who has had a passive-aggressive boss who does things that are purposefully ambiguous to the outside world but is fully intended to harass you in such a way that he/she can get away with it-I can sympathize. Though it sounds like you have it much worse than I did. I'm really sorry to hear you're going through all that. Working at a job you hate or is causing you an enormous amount of stress really, really sucks. I've been there, too. There are a lot of jobs that aren't much fun, but they're jobs and you get through them ok. Then there are places where it gets so awful that you wake up every morning dreading going to work, or spend your nights and weekends with it still hanging out in the back of your mind. I hope you find something else soon and can get the hell out of there. In the meantime, hang in there!
Thanks for feelin' the pain with me. This job was originally smooth sailing, couldn't have been better- go in at noon, deal with a couple requests, learn about new music, work casually on my massive spreadsheet, be able to surf the web; before I had that spreadsheet, I was even told by the company owner that I am completely fine playing video games when I have no immediate work! Gosh, I wish I could actually have time to open that spreadsheet these days. And this is the quiet-season of music events, most concerts we're getting at the moment are like four months down the road, which means everything is just going to get MUCH worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
Sounds like she feels threatened by you. And she's a middle school mean girl. I agree, get out. No one should have to suffer like that.

Not that this is good advice, but getting passive aggressive back might make you feel better. Such as "Boss, I wasn't able to take care of that client because you have me doing XYZ" The saddest thing is that someone who has people reporting to them should understand that the people that work for them and their success is a reflection on their management and leadership. By sabotaging you, she's making herself look bad. Unfortunately, this doesn't always work because PEOPLE ARE STUPID.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505125_1...at-out-my-boss
If only someone was asking you.

I just spent the morning surveying three different people in my company on how they handle a particular process. All do it differently, now I have to figure out what's the best way for me. Gah. This thing, I just want to be handed the instructions and do it, but noooo, I have to think about the best way for my situation and I don't think it's what my boss is going to agree with.
Yeah, I've come to that conclusion as well. Here's the situation- my company is owned/part of another which is also very small. It's been years since they've been "working" on getting a new version out. This isn't just about a new design, it's about making bigger music promoters be able to do a hell of a lot more and therefore want to use our service instead of just getting the smaller indie gigs. I was hired to let my boss have time to work on this new version- but if higher up isn't working on it, she has nothing to do on it. Lately if feels like the possibility of anything happening to it has died due to several factors- so we now have two people to work on the job she was doing fine on her own. But, I've proved myself to be far more tech savvy, and I have graphic skills to boot (which are being utilized). She definitely feels threatened. But, I've done everything in my power to not let her feel that way- I'm very obedient to her requests, I've said repeatedly I don't want more than a part time job (not true, but I don't want to take her job from her) and I'm just super nice in general to her and don't ever ever suck up to the higher up powers.

I've actually confronted her about several things on the side like that and if anything, it's making it worse. If I say something, she just contradicts her past-self for that special moment to argue against me. She's said things like "well I tried helping you with that" What? How on earth did you try helping? Did you psychically have a conversation with my subconscious and my subconscious told you that it's okay, I'll do all the work? She's just fucking with me about EVERYTHING. No honesty or pity will shine through. This was a conversation we had yesterday- she messages me with "oh i'm so BORED today!" I tell her I could use help if she's not busy and her response was "you can get it done just fine "

I do want to talk to the company owner. Not to tattle on her to make her behave because our work relationship is far too intertwined (and she's totally the type to poison your food), but to tell him what he's going to be dealing with when I find a new job. He's a super nice guy, and I feel bad for him if she's bringing down his company.