Page 1 of 69 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: How fucked was your day?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

How fucked was your day?

This needed to return.

In March of this year, my car was stolen, and later found with the ignition completely ripped out. I ended up just buying a family member's slightly better car off of them, since they was planning on getting a new car anyway, instead of fixing my stolen car.

THEN, in September of this year, I was involved in an accident on the highway that totaled THAT car. So after bumming rides for a month and a half. I FINALLY got the insurance money and bought ANOTHER new car.

Flash forward to this morning. I get to my car to go to work, and sure enough, someone had taken a crowbar to the window paneling on the passenger side, ripped that out, and tried to steal my new car, by once again ripping out the ignition. AWESOME. Not only is it going to be a pain in the ass trying to get this fixed, but there's no way I will be able to afford my insurance now.

I have the worst luck with cars.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    This needed to return.

In March of this year, my car was stolen, and later found with the ignition completely ripped out. I ended up just buying a family member's slightly better car off of them, since they was planning on getting a new car anyway, instead of fixing my stolen car.

THEN, in September of this year, I was involved in an accident on the highway that totaled THAT car. So after bumming rides for a month and a half. I FINALLY got the insurance money and bought ANOTHER new car.

Flash forward to this morning. I get to my car to go to work, and sure enough, someone had taken a crowbar to the window paneling on the passenger side, ripped that out, and tried to steal my new car, by once again ripping out the ignition. AWESOME. Not only is it going to be a pain in the ass trying to get this fixed, but there's no way I will be able to afford my insurance now.

I have the worst luck with cars.
    Ugh, that sucks man. Are the ignition thefts happening in your driveway, a parking lot..? Maybe a cheap way to try and deter that shit is to buy one of those fake surveillance cameras and stick it somewhere looking at your car? Or if it's happening in your driveway, a motion activated light maybe.

Did your insurance go up last time this happened? It doesn't seem like it should, since theft issues are covered under comprehensive policies and are non-moving.

For my complaint of the day...my fiancee got me tickets to the Raiders/Dolphins game this Sunday in Miami. I've never been to a football game, and the Raiders have been my team my whole life, so I've been super excited about this. She had the days off and everything.

This morning her boss called and told her she can't have the weekend off, even though he already previously told her she could. We're both pissed. She's taking sick days if it comes to it, but he's a dick and I hope he gets stung by a lot of bees.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You can buy fake surveillance cameras to just stick places?
    This changes everything.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nascentia View Post
    Ugh, that sucks man. Are the ignition thefts happening in your driveway, a parking lot..? Maybe a cheap way to try and deter that shit is to buy one of those fake surveillance cameras and stick it somewhere looking at your car? Or if it's happening in your driveway, a motion activated light maybe.

Did your insurance go up last time this happened? It doesn't seem like it should, since theft issues are covered under comprehensive policies and are non-moving.
    The insurance didn't go up the first time my car was stolen, but it definitely went up after the accident in September. I'm assuming that a third time would make it go higher. I REALLY hope that isn't the case, but I have a feeling that it might be.

And the first time it happened, it was parked outside of my mom's house. This time it was parked in front of my apartment building. There is off street parking in the back of the building, but it was full last night when I got home so I had to park on the street out front. I live in the city, so I mean, it was destined to happen. I'm probably just going to get a club now after I get this fixed. It just kind of stings, because this car is so new, I JUST got the tags and plates for it like last week.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    When I arrived at work this morning, I thought I was the first person there. When I opened the door to go in the security alarm didn't go off which is strange. I make my way to the back of the store to find the back outside door open. I go into the manager's office and find the bank deposit for last night cut open and in the trash. The police think my manager was jumped on her way in this morning and made to open the safe. Nobody has heard from her and she is believed to be in danger.She always gets there earlier than me, and this was around 5:30 in the morning so nobody saw anything.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iran_Ed View Post
    The police think my manager was jumped on her way in this morning and made to open the safe. Nobody has heard from her and she is believed to be in danger.She always gets there earlier than me, and this was around 5:30 in the morning so nobody saw anything.
    Fuck! That's horrible.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsJustDave View Post
    Fuck! That's horrible.
    Holy shit... I seriously hope she's found and is ok. I'm a manager and every time I'm in the store alone I always fear this will happen.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Well, last night my PC died. It was pretty much on life support since summer 2009.
    It totally crashed and won't even power back on now. The power supply light is on at the back when you put the plug in, but you can slam the power button down all day long and it won't turn on, so that kinda ruined my night. Today I went computer shopping to get another, which set me back $400, don't really have the cash to be sparing at the moment, especially after Christmas shopping and whatnot, but a Computer is a necessity.

Hopefully I can salvage whatever I have on my old hard-drive, that's what I am mainly concerned about at this point. I have an external HD, but i'm not as proactive at transfering files on there that I should be, so I lst a good 3 months of stuff or so.

I should have seen this coming though, it was inevitable that this was going to happen, I mentioned that it's ben on the fritz for about 2 yrs now. Back in 2009 i restarted it and it got stuck on the start up screen for 2 days, no joke. It just sat there and was trying to boot up, finally did after 2 days of trying. At that point I figured, OK... I cant restart or turn this thing off EVER or else I run the risk of it never coming back on, so it was basically on 24hrs a day for almost 2 years. Sometimes I would restart it, but never ever return the system off fully, until last night as I was rebooting after installing some updates and such and it just didn' want to load back up.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Fuuuuuuuck. My boyfriend is having a flare-up of MS. At least this time it seems to be slowly gaining momentum instead of hitting all at once. He really doesn't want me to see him like this. He was having a lot of difficulty walking, one leg is numb, and he can't feel his hands. All I can do is hold him and tell him I love him.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Holy shit... I seriously hope she's found and is ok. I'm a manager and every time I'm in the store alone I always fear this will happen.
    Yeah, I open at my job often enough and it's crossed my mind before as I usually do get there early. Thankfully I work in a building with security and I have a good view of the street to see that it's clear when I unlock the door. That said, my coworkers haven't set the alarm quite a few times on me. If it's not set this morning when I go in I'm so not going to be pleased. I really hope she turns up okay.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    When I arrived at work this morning, I thought I was the first person there. When I opened the door to go in the security alarm didn't go off which is strange. I make my way to the back of the store to find the back outside door open. I go into the manager's office and find the bank deposit for last night cut open and in the trash. The police think my manager was jumped on her way in this morning and made to open the safe. Nobody has heard from her and she is believed to be in danger.She always gets there earlier than me, and this was around 5:30 in the morning so nobody saw anything.
    It turns out it wasn't a robbery, she took it and tried to make it look like one. Back in the 90's she was an addict and had kicked the habit, unfortunately an asshole customer of our who's a known drug dealer found out about this. He gave her a free sample and she just wasn't strong enough to resit. I've been employed there for almost three years, she's the second manager to do this, and the forth person in four months to be fired for stealing. It sucks to feel like your the most honest person on your job, and everyone else can't be trusted. Its just sad really, she was doing so well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I got my store to #1 in the district on a new project I am in charge of this year, that I have dealt with by myself way more than I should have to. It's not supposed to be one person handling every aspect of it, as that would be not be humanly possible. So what I'm saying is that I beat 20+ teams of other people by myself.

What was said to me today? More complaints about trivial bullshit regarding it. Zero acknowledgements. Not like I should have expected anything else.

Now I'm going to go throw up and be ill some more.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    It turns out it wasn't a robbery, she took it and tried to make it look like one. Back in the 90's she was an addict and had kicked the habit, unfortunately an asshole customer of our who's a known drug dealer found out about this. He gave her a free sample and she just wasn't strong enough to resit. I've been employed there for almost three years, she's the second manager to do this, and the forth person in four months to be fired for stealing. It sucks to feel like your the most honest person on your job, and everyone else can't be trusted. Its just sad really, she was doing so well.
    Well, that's an... interesting turn of events. Very unfortunate.
    Where is it that you work?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Well, that's an... interesting turn of events. Very unfortunate.
    Where is it that you work?

Happiest place on earth

We are currently under our forth manager this calender year. To put it into perspective, our new manager has only been with the company for three months.
    I always tell my coworkers that this company dose horrible things to good people. It started out as a joke, but it isn't anymore. I've been there since March of 2009
    and I could write a book about the ways they fuck people over.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Anyone every done jury duty? A milti-day trial?

I just finished one and while my day wasn't as fucked as the guy on trial, I feel like shit. I was the "alternate juror" (number 13) so I sat through the trial, got the info, formed a heartfelt opinion, and was dismissed while the "regular 12" jurors decided the verdict without me. Needless to say their decision was the opposite of mine.

Dude got 10yrs in jail right in from of me and I didn't have a chance to say shit. Couldn't voice my doubts to the other jurors. I feel fucking horrible.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butters View Post

I just finished one and while my day wasn't as fucked as the guy on trial, I feel like shit. I was the "alternate juror" (number 13) so I sat through the trial, got the info, formed a heartfelt opinion, and was dismissed while the "regular 12" jurors decided the verdict without me. Needless to say their decision was the opposite of mine.

Dude got 10yrs in jail right in from of me and I didn't have a chance to say shit. Couldn't voice my doubts to the other jurors. I feel fucking horrible.
    Wow. That does suck.

So, getting that "where are you?, how you doing" email from my Dad pales...... fuuuuuuck.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butters View Post

Holy shit, dude. I'm really sorry to hear that. I know it probably won't help, and I'm not trying to invalidate the way you feel, but you have nothing to feel bad about. It was completely out of your control.

I know you know that, but sometimes it helps to hear it from others. Hang in there.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks you two. ^^^ I definitely know there's nothing to feel bad for. I guess the guy shouldn't have gotten himself into shit again. But, after being in such a bad place for so long, he really turned his life around about 7 yrs ago and seems to be doing well. (I googled him and his story in court appears quite true.) Sucks that it was all for not since now he'll be locked away for the next 10 years. Hope he doesn't regret fixing his life and revert back when he gets out. I'll just assume he doesn't regret it and quit thinking about it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    One of my patients today, who we knew had heart issues already, threw all kinds of interesting arrythmias at us during a femur repair. What got me pissed off is that after us scrambling around trying to keep her heart from going kaput, she whined like crazy after she woke up. Not just pain, but all the wires and the oxygen mask, etc. Pissed me off. She was picky about where we put the IV. Well, guess what, biaatch? I felt like putting one in your right elbow to piss you off. But I didn't. I was soooooo glad to turn her over tto

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    This happened tonight at work. It was insane. Thankfully my store is upstairs above where it happened, but it was still crazy. All I saw were people running and screaming and then locked the doors immediately. Unreal.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Holy shit, that's crazy!! Glad nothing happened to you!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    We had my cat put to sleep today. She hasn't been 100% for a while now and she got really bad over the past few days; the vet offered to give her a painkiller to see how she got on over the weekend but it was pretty obvious she was only going to keep suffering. This was the most humane thing we could do for her.

I just can't believe that's it.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Oh Hula, sweetie, I'm sorry for you. I know how horrible it is to have to do that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    to answer the question of the thread straight: very ;//

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hula View Post
    We had my cat put to sleep today. She hasn't been 100% for a while now and she got really bad over the past few days; the vet offered to give her a painkiller to see how she got on over the weekend but it was pretty obvious she was only going to keep suffering. This was the most humane thing we could do for her.

I just can't believe that's it.
    I'm so sorry - we had a cat die in October. We love our cats so much that it is very hard isn't it. But I do believe that you did the kind thing. I bet your kitty had a great life with you.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    My dad called me this morning to let me know my cat, who I've had since I was 4 years old, had a stroke, and wasn't going to be around too long. I managed to get over there just in time to spend his last few minutes with him. I've since spent the last 15 hours hating everything about everything.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
    My dad called me this morning to let me know my cat, who I've had since I was 4 years old, had a stroke, and wasn't going to be around too long. I managed to get over there just in time to spend his last few minutes with him. I've since spent the last 15 hours hating everything about everything.
    Ughhhhhhhhhhhhh I'm so sorry to hear that, man. At least you got to spend that last little bit of time with him, though; I know it doesn't seem like much but at least he wasn't alone.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Hula, Garrett: I'm so very sorry about your loss. *hugs*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    One of my cats isn't urinating, and is clearly uncomfortable and in pain. I can't take him to the vet until the morning, because I just noticed it before I was heading to my overnight shift. Blah. I hope he does ok until then.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anita View Post
    One of my cats isn't urinating, and is clearly uncomfortable and in pain. I can't take him to the vet until the morning, because I just noticed it before I was heading to my overnight shift. Blah. I hope he does ok until then.
    Hope he's ok, anita.

Hula, I'm so sorry. Pets are furry children.