Thread: How fucked was your day?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    @Jinsai sorry for your loss
    -Louie

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    @Jinsai @zaps30

I'm so very sorry for your loss. Our pets are faithful companions and members of our family. Losing them is immensely painful even when you do the right thing by letting them go.

Run free over the Rainbow Bridge, beautiful friends, until you are reunited with you human families!

*hugs both of you*

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    @Jinsai and @zaps30

It really does suck.

The only thing that helped me a little was creating little memorial areas, and I READ ABOUT 5 DAMNED PET GRIEF BOOKS.

Hugs. :-(

edit: @Jinsai , I'm really proud of you, it's tough but you did the right thing for your pal.
    Last edited by allegro; 09-02-2017 at 06:24 PM.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    It's the worst... I'm broken as fuck right now...

He went into the sedation phase with his tongue on my face... that's how he went out... mid-lick... and then hung out while they readied the death injection with his tongue comically sticking out of his mouth

God today has been horrible

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    @Jinsai & @zaps30 hugs to both of you. hang in there. <3

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    It's the worst... I'm broken as fuck right now...

He went into the sedation phase with his tongue on my face... that's how he went out... mid-lick... and then hung out while they readied the death injection with his tongue comically sticking out of his mouth

God today has been horrible
    I’m sorry pets are all tiny little tragedies waiting to happen. He would probably tell you thank you if he was able, you did the right thing and I promise the little dude would have been grateful if he knew what was coming. At least he went out with love for you, which was what he deserved. My thoughts are with you and your family <3

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    pets are all tiny little tragedies waiting to happen.
    God ain't that the truth.

Particularly with Goldens. It's known as the "Golden Rule."
    Last edited by allegro; 09-03-2017 at 05:23 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I got rid of a toxic friend. I'm starting a new phase in my life.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Not a tiny tragedy this time... Ugh I'm handling this bad

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    @Jinsai and @zaps30 My condolences on the loss of your beloved friends. I am sorry you are both in pain as well. You made the hardest but ultimately correct choices. They're no longer suffering.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I hate it when people try to "one up" me or minimize my experiences. When I talk about my father's death or the abuse I suffered, people always make a point of going into great detail about what happened to them because it was obviously more important and life shattering than what happened to me. Some people have to "make everything about themselves." I googled that phrase and it brought up articles about narcissists.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boots View Post
    I hate it when people try to "one up" me or minimize my experiences. When I talk about my father's death or the abuse I suffered, people always make a point of going into great detail about what happened to them because it was obviously more important and life shattering than what happened to me. Some people have to "make everything about themselves." I googled that phrase and it brought up articles about narcissists.
    i think you're using this thread wrong. that's more of a "little thing that pisses you off" which goes here.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boots View Post
    The world is filled with narcissists, now. I'd blame social media but it's been going on for longer than that; there are whole lot of really self-obsessed people out there. Nice people say "I'm sorry about your dad" and "I'm sorry that you suffered from abuse, that must have really sucked." Like I just did. It's not difficult. But it depends on with whom you're sharing this info.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    i just started a new full time job as an area supervisor for a designer discount retailer. i'm at a store with my new boss and she's telling me about her weekend. she had pictures blown up and matted and kept bringing it up. finally i ask what pictures and she pulls her phone out and starts flipping through them, explaining them all. her son's graduation. a sunrise over the snake river canyon. and ... whoops, naked boobs. hers, obviously. i was so embarassed for her, but played it off as no big deal.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Basically, this is how I feel today:

Last edited by Jinsai; 09-11-2017 at 01:51 PM. Reason: because fuck it... fuck it fuck it fuck it

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    today i got a call from the group home that my brother and i established as his new home (long story, mental illness is a bitch and i love my brother)
    my brother has been refusing his meds for over a month and now he is spiraling and crisis is imminent, that's his cycle
    (he has schizophrenia, and i am his keeper so-to-speak)
    given the choice between what i want to do and what i should do....
    my brother wins n Riot Fest is for another day.
    *sigh*

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Drama at work. Caught in the crossfire between several people. Shit gets rough.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Billing nightmare. I need help. Someone please help me. God.......

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    my dog's brother hasn't jumped back... he walks away from petting. He'll lie around crying. Saddest fucking thing I've ever seen.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    A man turned in front of me yesterday causing our vehicles to collide. The whole thing was terrifying as my children were in the car. My children were unharmed. Everyone is mostly ok. My vehicle protected me. the seatbelt tighten and the air bag went off. The seat belt has left me sore and bruised. The air bag burned my hand and now my thumb is blistering. I might seek medical attention tomorrow for it. The fucked part is that today I called dudes insurance only to find out he's most likely uninsured. My vehicle is a lease and practically brand new. Our insurance has provisions for this but I'm still shocked that someone can do this in the modern age.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    You're supposed to have insurance but good luck getting that enforced. My wife was hit while on her bicycle and the lady said, as she pulled away, "I'm not stopping because I don't have insurance!" My wife got the license and the police didn't even bother hunting her down. Said it wasn't important.

Luckily it was just a knock down, and a slow one at that, but Holy shit the nerve.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    You're supposed to have insurance but good luck getting that enforced. My wife was hit while on her bicycle and the lady said, as she pulled away, "I'm not stopping because I don't have insurance!" My wife got the license and the police didn't even bother hunting her down. Said it wasn't important.

Luckily it was just a knock down, and a slow one at that, but Holy shit the nerve.
    Glad your wife's OK. That's fucking bullshit!

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post

That's horrible. I can't imagine not stopping for someone who might be in pain and need help. Glad she was ok. I'm going to call the officer who's working on the report but I'm not expecting much.

I'm trying to get over it today and focus on the positives. I bought a thank you card for the stranger that was so kind and helped me with my kids.

I went to the doc and my thumb has a second degree burn from the chemical that makes the air bag pop. They gave me a silver something cream in a little tube. They said my health insurance won't cover anything accident related since someone else is liable. The cream is prescription and kind of expensive so that's why she repackaged it for me as a little sample. Luckily the area is small and I don't need a lot of it. Our health system is so fucked up tho. My insurance should cover a prescription that I need. Period. That even being an issue is just annoying. We pay so much for our health plan. It should cover my health needs.

This whole situation has messed me up in the head as I've already suffered a near fatal accident many years ago. That accident killed my mother and I had to have multiple reconstructive surgeries. The effects lasted for years physically and emotionally. This accident has brought up all the fears. I'm going to see arcade fire tonight so at least I have some therapy.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Last night, some street harassment escalated to this dude shoving his phone at me, TOUCHING MY FACE WITH IT AND HIS HAND.

This shit usually does not bother me anymore, but for some reason I froze up and panicked. I went into the bodega that we were in front of and he went in the other door. Got into it with the guy behind the counter about me... I'm fucking crying and being a baby. They make him leave and then the bodega guy walked a few blocks with me.

Not sure why this got to me so much more than normal. Uuuugh.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    The family has decided to come to Scotland for my graduation which I was really excited about because they have never once visited me in all the years I have been away from home. So my sister and I have been planning a bunch of things to do. She was planning to stay longer so we could go on a big hiking trip after the parents leave.
    Guess who just broke the news that she is pregnant?? And guess what's almost exactly 9 months from now?? My graduation. No big deal it's not like I'm becoming a doctor or anything... actually wait, I am
    Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for her but I know she won't be travelling to see me and knowing my parents they would rather be home to support her than me. Just annoyed that once again the middle child gets screwed over in favour of the first born.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    As a middle child, I feel your pain.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Had to call in sick at work and realized that this world is doomed.
    Made an antifascist statement and had to see how many defenders of racism there really are.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Last night, some street harassment escalated to this dude shoving his phone at me, TOUCHING MY FACE WITH IT AND HIS HAND.

This shit usually does not bother me anymore, but for some reason I froze up and panicked. I went into the bodega that we were in front of and he went in the other door. Got into it with the guy behind the counter about me... I'm fucking crying and being a baby. They make him leave and then the bodega guy walked a few blocks with me.

Not sure why this got to me so much more than normal. Uuuugh.
    Sorry you had to go through that.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    CN: abuse, suicide, long depressing story

last night in bed, i got a linkedin e-mail that was a request from my abusive ex, courtney. sarah (my wife) was in the bathroom, and she came back in the bedroom to find me crying. i handed her my phone and asked if linkedin sent those out randomly or if it has to be done manually, and she told me it had to be done manually, at which point i began having a panic attack and started crying uncontrollably. thankfully, sarah took the initiative to not only delete the e-mail, but log in to my linkedin account and delete the request there.

courtney spent all four years of our relationship (and another seven months after) expertly manipulating me. she squeezed all the femininity from me, she isolated me from friends, and she made me feel worthless. she made me feel so worthless that i was planning on killing myself in 2010. my best friend justine was going to come live with me for the summer. my plan was to wait until she left in the fall, and then i was going to do it. but when she came in mid-may, i woke up. the spell courtney had me under had broken. two weeks later, i met sarah. together, she and justine saved my life, whether they knew it or not.

i wish i could release the power she has over me, but i can't. i can barely talk today for fear of throwing up or breaking down crying again. i'm jumpy and paranoid. why on earth would she choose to reach out to me now? and why would she do it on linkedin of all places?

and the only thing i can think of is that she wanted me to see that she's currently going to school and studying psychology. because one of the few things that would be more upsetting to me than her simply reaching out to me, is knowing that she's essentially training to be even more of an expert in manipulating people. i am so scared not only for myself, but for any of the other people who are going to be negatively affected by her newfound training and more nuanced understanding of human behavior.

there's not really a good conclusion, here. i'm sitting on my couch, trying to stave off a panic attack, and terrified that this person who has caused me so much pain is trying to cause me more. i am damaged; she damaged me. and while i have mostly recovered, i am not ok. i don't know what to do.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    The best thing you can do is what you’re already doing—you recognize the situation for what it is and you’re staying away from her. Now you just need to wait out the anxiety. That’s the hard part.

I’ve got a few people that have hurt me in the same way. I’ve been there. Spent time apologizing for things I didn’t do. Eventually the anxiety subsides, and you see the whole picture.
    Last edited by Swykk; 10-10-2017 at 09:09 AM.