Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36
Results 1,051 to 1,053 of 1053

Thread: How fucked was your day?

Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Today has been very rough... My poor dog.

He comes home from the surgery whimpering, and then just collapses on the floor. He remains pretty much unresponsive for 4 hours, at which point we call up the doctor, and have her make an emergency trip... put him on a board and carry him to the car because he can't stand without wailing. Carry him out of the car, and then... suddenly he's freaking out and walking...

The vet suggested it was the adrenaline of being back at the vet, especially if he doesn't like the place (and he doesn't). When we brought him back home, he whimpered and collapsed onto his bed pillow.

I'm monitoring him, but I don't want to wake him up. He's really confused, depressed, and scared right now. I had to put a t-shirt on him to keep his brother from messing with the stitches from where they removed the tumor.

I wish I could do something nice for him....

Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Today has been very rough... My poor dog.

He comes home from the surgery whimpering, and then just collapses on the floor. He remains pretty much unresponsive for 4 hours, at which point we call up the doctor, and have her make an emergency trip... put him on a board and carry him to the car because he can't stand without wailing. Carry him out of the car, and then... suddenly he's freaking out and walking...

The vet suggested it was the adrenaline of being back at the vet, especially if he doesn't like the place (and he doesn't). When we brought him back home, he whimpered and collapsed onto his bed pillow.

I'm monitoring him, but I don't want to wake him up. He's really confused, depressed, and scared right now. I had to put a t-shirt on him to keep his brother from messing with the stitches from where they removed the tumor.

I wish I could do something nice for him....
    i think just being with him and petting him gently would help. my mom's a dog massage therapist but since she lives here in chicago, i can't offer her services.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    What @eversonpoe said. And, of course, talk to him. Hearing your voice will reassure him. Also: pets usually hate the smell of the vet office so being home on his own bed pillow, with his brother and you, surrounded by familiar sounds and smells will help him.

The best of luck to all of you!