Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1173

Thread: How fucked was your day?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    today i got a call from the group home that my brother and i established as his new home (long story, mental illness is a bitch and i love my brother)
    my brother has been refusing his meds for over a month and now he is spiraling and crisis is imminent, that's his cycle
    (he has schizophrenia, and i am his keeper so-to-speak)
    given the choice between what i want to do and what i should do....
    my brother wins n Riot Fest is for another day.
    *sigh*

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Drama at work. Caught in the crossfire between several people. Shit gets rough.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Billing nightmare. I need help. Someone please help me. God.......

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    my dog's brother hasn't jumped back... he walks away from petting. He'll lie around crying. Saddest fucking thing I've ever seen.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    A man turned in front of me yesterday causing our vehicles to collide. The whole thing was terrifying as my children were in the car. My children were unharmed. Everyone is mostly ok. My vehicle protected me. the seatbelt tighten and the air bag went off. The seat belt has left me sore and bruised. The air bag burned my hand and now my thumb is blistering. I might seek medical attention tomorrow for it. The fucked part is that today I called dudes insurance only to find out he's most likely uninsured. My vehicle is a lease and practically brand new. Our insurance has provisions for this but I'm still shocked that someone can do this in the modern age.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    You're supposed to have insurance but good luck getting that enforced. My wife was hit while on her bicycle and the lady said, as she pulled away, "I'm not stopping because I don't have insurance!" My wife got the license and the police didn't even bother hunting her down. Said it wasn't important.

Luckily it was just a knock down, and a slow one at that, but Holy shit the nerve.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    You're supposed to have insurance but good luck getting that enforced. My wife was hit while on her bicycle and the lady said, as she pulled away, "I'm not stopping because I don't have insurance!" My wife got the license and the police didn't even bother hunting her down. Said it wasn't important.

Luckily it was just a knock down, and a slow one at that, but Holy shit the nerve.
    Glad your wife's OK. That's fucking bullshit!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post

That's horrible. I can't imagine not stopping for someone who might be in pain and need help. Glad she was ok. I'm going to call the officer who's working on the report but I'm not expecting much.

I'm trying to get over it today and focus on the positives. I bought a thank you card for the stranger that was so kind and helped me with my kids.

I went to the doc and my thumb has a second degree burn from the chemical that makes the air bag pop. They gave me a silver something cream in a little tube. They said my health insurance won't cover anything accident related since someone else is liable. The cream is prescription and kind of expensive so that's why she repackaged it for me as a little sample. Luckily the area is small and I don't need a lot of it. Our health system is so fucked up tho. My insurance should cover a prescription that I need. Period. That even being an issue is just annoying. We pay so much for our health plan. It should cover my health needs.

This whole situation has messed me up in the head as I've already suffered a near fatal accident many years ago. That accident killed my mother and I had to have multiple reconstructive surgeries. The effects lasted for years physically and emotionally. This accident has brought up all the fears. I'm going to see arcade fire tonight so at least I have some therapy.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Last night, some street harassment escalated to this dude shoving his phone at me, TOUCHING MY FACE WITH IT AND HIS HAND.

This shit usually does not bother me anymore, but for some reason I froze up and panicked. I went into the bodega that we were in front of and he went in the other door. Got into it with the guy behind the counter about me... I'm fucking crying and being a baby. They make him leave and then the bodega guy walked a few blocks with me.

Not sure why this got to me so much more than normal. Uuuugh.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    The family has decided to come to Scotland for my graduation which I was really excited about because they have never once visited me in all the years I have been away from home. So my sister and I have been planning a bunch of things to do. She was planning to stay longer so we could go on a big hiking trip after the parents leave.
    Guess who just broke the news that she is pregnant?? And guess what's almost exactly 9 months from now?? My graduation. No big deal it's not like I'm becoming a doctor or anything... actually wait, I am
    Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for her but I know she won't be travelling to see me and knowing my parents they would rather be home to support her than me. Just annoyed that once again the middle child gets screwed over in favour of the first born.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    As a middle child, I feel your pain.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Had to call in sick at work and realized that this world is doomed.
    Made an antifascist statement and had to see how many defenders of racism there really are.

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Last night, some street harassment escalated to this dude shoving his phone at me, TOUCHING MY FACE WITH IT AND HIS HAND.

This shit usually does not bother me anymore, but for some reason I froze up and panicked. I went into the bodega that we were in front of and he went in the other door. Got into it with the guy behind the counter about me... I'm fucking crying and being a baby. They make him leave and then the bodega guy walked a few blocks with me.

Not sure why this got to me so much more than normal. Uuuugh.
    Sorry you had to go through that.

Mentioned
    317 Post(s)
    CN: abuse, suicide, long depressing story

last night in bed, i got a linkedin e-mail that was a request from my abusive ex, courtney. sarah (my wife) was in the bathroom, and she came back in the bedroom to find me crying. i handed her my phone and asked if linkedin sent those out randomly or if it has to be done manually, and she told me it had to be done manually, at which point i began having a panic attack and started crying uncontrollably. thankfully, sarah took the initiative to not only delete the e-mail, but log in to my linkedin account and delete the request there.

courtney spent all four years of our relationship (and another seven months after) expertly manipulating me. she squeezed all the femininity from me, she isolated me from friends, and she made me feel worthless. she made me feel so worthless that i was planning on killing myself in 2010. my best friend justine was going to come live with me for the summer. my plan was to wait until she left in the fall, and then i was going to do it. but when she came in mid-may, i woke up. the spell courtney had me under had broken. two weeks later, i met sarah. together, she and justine saved my life, whether they knew it or not.

i wish i could release the power she has over me, but i can't. i can barely talk today for fear of throwing up or breaking down crying again. i'm jumpy and paranoid. why on earth would she choose to reach out to me now? and why would she do it on linkedin of all places?

and the only thing i can think of is that she wanted me to see that she's currently going to school and studying psychology. because one of the few things that would be more upsetting to me than her simply reaching out to me, is knowing that she's essentially training to be even more of an expert in manipulating people. i am so scared not only for myself, but for any of the other people who are going to be negatively affected by her newfound training and more nuanced understanding of human behavior.

there's not really a good conclusion, here. i'm sitting on my couch, trying to stave off a panic attack, and terrified that this person who has caused me so much pain is trying to cause me more. i am damaged; she damaged me. and while i have mostly recovered, i am not ok. i don't know what to do.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    The best thing you can do is what you’re already doing—you recognize the situation for what it is and you’re staying away from her. Now you just need to wait out the anxiety. That’s the hard part.

I’ve got a few people that have hurt me in the same way. I’ve been there. Spent time apologizing for things I didn’t do. Eventually the anxiety subsides, and you see the whole picture.
    Last edited by Swykk; 10-10-2017 at 09:09 AM.

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    @eversonpoe sending strength and support your way
    Hope the dark cloud passes soon and you can file this person back into the past again where they belong

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I got a call from my Dr's office today, I have a melanoma in situ.

It means it's cancer, but very treatable. They're going to cut it out in a couple of weeks, and that should be the end of it.

And because I'm Canadian, I don't need to start selling Meth.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eskimo View Post

It means it's cancer, but very treatable. They're going to cut it out in a couple of weeks, and that should be the end of it.

I hope all goes well for you! *hugs*

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I have IBS, so I've used the bathroom too much today. I wish it didn't take up my entire day like it usually does.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    The people I thought were my friends really weren't my friends at all. My life is shit. The people I thought were my friends really weren't my friends at all. My life is shit. By hey... at least I don't have cancer or IBS.
    Last edited by Boots; 10-29-2017 at 02:54 AM. Reason: .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've got pneumonia that I can't shake. I was sort of better when I flew to Vegas for NIN last weekend but I think the airplane air got me & I got really sick again day after show. Flew home Sunday & have been really sick all week. Had to sell my Seahawk tickets for today's game at a loss. The only 1 I was going to this year. Doc threatening to put me in hospital. Fun!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    I've got pneumonia that I can't shake. I was sort of better when I flew to Vegas for NIN last weekend but I think the airplane air got me & I got really sick again day after show. Flew home Sunday & have been really sick all week. Had to sell my Seahawk tickets for today's game at a loss. The only 1 I was going to this year. Doc threatening to put me in hospital. Fun!
    Yikes... get well soon. That sounds nasty.

I'm so sorry you have to go through this.. Please be well.

Quote Originally Posted by Boots View Post
    The people I thought were my friends really weren't my friends at all. My life is shit. The people I thought were my friends really weren't my friends at all. My life is shit. By hey... at least I don't have cancer or IBS.
    Don't trivialize your problems just because someone else is dealing with a disease or condition. It sucks to have your friends turn out differently than what you believed. There's a big sense of betrayal and confusion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    thank you, ton. i'm just lucky i got to do the trip for NIN in LV. probably shouldn't have but wtf. i have a really ugly version of RA. between the RA & the treatments, not much of an immune system. so now, i get pneumonia pretty easy. i figure that i need to do stuff while i still can. may not be possible in not too distant future. has been a long battle.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I could’ve found myself in this thread many, many times this summer. I’m hanging in there easier than ever because of the shit I’ve gone through. (I don’t know how, honestly.) But.

FUCK bosses who can’t see that they’re part of the problem, if not THE problem. How well they INSTRUCT (or don’t), how they CARRY themselves (if you can call it that at all), how well they show they RECOGNIZE employees for anything at all (or don’t).

Related to the subject: this is also maybe the last time I work for a small business. I’m old enough to be positively tired of such nonsense. I’d absolutely be applying to other places right now if I wasn’t about to make a major move. I’ve never been in such a workplace where I was surging with optimism in the beginning, where I also grew to find more of professional self through crucial parts of the job, all to come to this point = completely past any goodness.

/MANY “little” things that piss me right off #FUCKYOU
    Last edited by Amaro; 10-31-2017 at 11:12 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

They removed it yesterday. They're going to run some tests on it to be 100% certain, but once this heals, that should be the end of it. The spot has so many stitches it looks kind of badass. I can't post the photo from work, but when I get home I'll see if I can find a battle-scar thread to post it in,.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I posted this here because there is no thread about what made me laugh today. Someone unfriended me at Facebook because he was jealous of my admiration for the tennis player Denis Shapovalov. I actually don't even care. Denis is 100x the man that my ex-friend will ever be... and he's just getting started. That's not the first time a man has been jealous of my love for Denis. LOL

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I’m in a great deal of pain (lower back, knees, feet, joints) because I’ve now gone 8 days without medicine I require because my endocrinologist and Anthem can’t decide who sucks worse. Fuck all of them.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    So last thurdays I got attacked by a Rottweiler that was being walked by it's drunk owner...today I got the staples removed and I'm on the road to recovery

I joking posted this photo on my facebook saying I got the doctor to insert my staples in the shape of a NIN logo and a friend added a little bit of photoshop magic to make it happen.

Removed staples as of two hours ago.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I got into an accident (I ride a bike) and now my bike is basically totaled (rear wheel is bent and the pedal on the side of the bike that was hit is bent into the frame) & to make matters worse, I got a ticket for running a red light. At least I'm ok (until the soreness kicks in tomorrow).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm on prednisone now for a bad skin flare. It's making me really bloated and constipated. I've been sweating a lot at night because of it too. It feels embarrassing because I think about other people. Can't wait until I'm off this medication.