Thread: How fucked was your day?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    The messing with his sister was just a ruse to get me confused. I have never before seen any of the two guys. I instantly called the police when I came home, it's amazing the things you remember whilst under distress, I was actually able to give the police the phone number I was made to dial. I'm sure the police won't do shit but at least I did my duty. Lets see if the great outdoors feels a little less hostile today. Once again, yer all wonderful people.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Allegro - you are right it's total BS and I'm prepared to really take the bank through it this morning over it. I work to damn hard earning that to have to put up with this crap. Thanks for fueling.

Dra - you are very right about bad days. I'm just waiting on the good days as I really haven't seen those yet. Yeah maybe I'm getting into that male control trap myself and need to back off some. But ill be damned if she doesn't exhibit that same kind of control push. Oh well need to move on. Rise above...sorry you're having hell too. My ex and I have mostly gone through how we split the money. I'm set as she is to have to really scale back to make it work. He should feel lucky you're talking to him about this stuff and go from there.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketScience View Post
    The messing with his sister was just a ruse to get me confused. I have never before seen any of the two guys. I instantly called the police when I came home, it's amazing the things you remember whilst under distress, I was actually able to give the police the phone number I was made to dial. I'm sure the police won't do shit but at least I did my duty. Lets see if the great outdoors feels a little less hostile today. Once again, yer all wonderful people.
    You never know, sometimes they actually find these thugs. Hope so!

Because I grew up in the Detroit area and my father was from what was basically a ghetto, my father taught us Basic Street Smarts at a very young age. And those rules still hold true today. I don't imagine that Stockholm is anything that extreme, but thugs use the same process wherever they are, all over the world. Pickpockets use the same tricks all over the planet.

For instance, if somebody asks you for "change" -- they don't REALLY want change, they want you to pull out your wallet so they can steal it, without having to hit you on the head and experience the inconvenience of having to search for your wallet. Same thing with the phone: it's easier for them to make up some story to get you to pull out your phone, so they can steal your phone without having to LOOK for it. The rest of what happened to you is just to scare you, partly because that's part of their job as a thug and partly because they're probably sociopaths (probably partly the reason why they have "Thug" on their resume).

Suburbanites here in Chicago make it much easier on phone-stealing thugs because the suburbanites have their iPhones in their hands on the L or on buses all the time (and then are "SHOCKED" when a thug so easily steals it from the suburbanite's grip at a stop, the thug then disappearing out of the train and into the mass of humanity in a big city).

The other main rule of streets smarts is to be aware of your surroundings at all times (hence, no iPods, iPhones, daydreaming, etc.) Thugs choose their victims based on how distracted people are; distracted people, daydreaming people, etc., are easier targets.

So, it's far less likely that this will happen to you again because, unfortunately, you just acquired some street smarts. Without being seriously injured, thank God.
    Last edited by allegro; 02-17-2012 at 10:16 AM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    The police might pay some mind to this as my brother is quite adamant in this matter by always updating them with new stuff he finds out. Today I went to see a friend who's had a rough past. He showed me some knives, offered me advice on pepperspray and so forth. At first I thought I could use the knife to scare possible assailants away but I eventually came to my senses that it was just my post trauma fear having a go. I'm feeling rather fine nowadays, still edgy when walking outside. Hoping this PTSD shit will pass.